Board Takeovers

I have been many different clubs on FM08 and there hasn't been one approach to takeover that club.

I also haven't heard in the news of any clubs being taken over.

So what I am asking is has anyone been taken over on fm? What happened as a result of this eg sacked, training facilities upgraded, lots of money, new stadium, debt cancelled etc

Please could you tell us the story of it and provide any screenshots if possible as i haven't seen a takeover on fm08 yet.

thanks

I have been many different clubs on FM08 and there hasn't been one approach to takeover that club.

I also haven't heard in the news of any clubs being taken over.

So what I am asking is has anyone been taken over on fm? What happened as a result of this eg sacked, training facilities upgraded, lots of money, new stadium, debt cancelled etc

Please could you tell us the story of it and provide any screenshots if possible as i haven't seen a takeover on fm08 yet.

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

They are in there. The news is seperated from your inbox now so it's rare that you notice them.

I'm sure I've posted this about a hundred times in the past week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it possible to merge the news to your indox by any chance?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

Celtic is prone to takeovers when you start a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

They are in there. The news is seperated from your inbox now so it's rare that you notice them.

I'm sure I've posted this about a hundred times in the past week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it possible to merge the news to your indox by any chance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres no way that I have found. I feel it was a step backwards for the news. I never really felt connected to the 'world game' but this just makes it worse.

I'm only coming up to my 5th season and I've seen them happen.

Fulham got relegated in my game and had a takeover and it happened to me too. To quote a post I put up, oooh.... 10 minutes ago;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> As Leeds, in my 4th season, and 1st in the prem, Ken Bates was still chariman and 'would never leave the club he loves'. 4 months in, there were rumours another director was going to take over and by January Peter Lorimer was in charge.

Not a wholesale takeover, but all I've seen so far.

Oh and I liked the touch that after it was completed I got a message saying he thanked me for my patience during the takeover and he looked forward to working with me and taking the club forward icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

Celtic is prone to takeovers when you start a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit buggy by all accounts - there are 2 threads indicating it gets stuck half-way and a new chairman isn't appointed.

My chairman resigned last season. i was very nervous since he was excellent and had deep pockets. Possibly my fault for running the club into the red.

Anyway a new guy came in and - nothing.

No new monies to spend, no change of policy - although he did clear a few million of debts.

Just been taken over at Liverpool when Gillet finally stepped down. The new chairman brought £350m worth of investment into the club and cleared the chairman loans (freeing up another £3m odd a month).

He also wanted rid of me though icon_frown.gif Thankfully we had a good run of results and he kept me on.

Hoping for a new stadium next! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveRH:

Just been taken over at Liverpool when Gillet finally stepped down. The new chairman brought £350m worth of investment into the club and cleared the chairman loans (freeing up another £3m odd a month).

He also wanted rid of me though icon_frown.gif Thankfully we had a good run of results and he kept me on.

Hoping for a new stadium next! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought if the new patch took the debt into account it would also have the plans to build a new stadium

• 1 month later...

i am playing with Roma on 8.02 and have just had a board takeover at start of season 3, had a transfer embargo in place for August icon_frown.gif

The new italian tycoon chairman has just sent me a personal message to 'thank me for my patience'.

He has promised to upgrade youth facilities and pumped £15m into the coffers.

However it had been 'his plan to change managers' and he would 'think about allowing me to keep my job'. Thats nice of him, in just won the treble last season and have won both super-cups at thye start of this season.

Hopefully a good run should see me keeping my job - i have never been sacked before!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by topoftheleague:

i am playing with Roma on 8.02 and have just had a board takeover at start of season 3, had a transfer embargo in place for August icon_frown.gif

The new italian tycoon chairman has just sent me a personal message to 'thank me for my patience'.

He has promised to upgrade youth facilities and pumped £15m into the coffers.

However it had been 'his plan to change managers' and he would 'think about allowing me to keep my job'. Thats nice of him, in just won the treble last season and have won both super-cups at thye start of this season.

Hopefully a good run should see me keeping my job - i have never been sacked before!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after canvassing opinion with players and fans, the new chairman has kindly allowed me to keep my job!!

I got offered a job from a team in the league above me but it said more than the usual stuff. It said sommat like "following their recent takeover of the club, the x board see you as the perfect person to take the club forward"

So obviously they had just been taken over, so it does happen. I think people don't notice it because it doesn't come up in your inbox anymore.

On my game Cagliari got took over by a consortium from Trinidad and Tobago and they spent 150 million in one year and bought Adriano off inter Milan for like 28 million and he was paid over 130,000 a week in euros, ridiculous

Not really rare, depends a lot on club profile I suppose. In our clan game, Deportivo have had two takeovers that I can recall, and Sevilla and Zaragoza 1 apiece. Just waiting for the Mallorca one personally, for an injection of cash.

Oh yes....board takeovers happen....as I have just found out to my cost!!!

I'm in the 2015/16 season, in charge of AC Milan and over the past couple of seasons I have steadily rebuilt the Rossenieri back into being one of the biggest clubs in the world.

As we enter January 2016 and I'm thinking about bringing in a couple of players to strength my domestic and european challenge, Silvio Berlusconi drops the bombshell that he wants to sell the club!

This news comes totally out of the blue as he "loved the club" and we were in a healthy position financially. The rumour is that a consortium of local businessmen want to buy the club and should they succeed, they wish to appoint Giovanni de Blasi as the clubs new manager!!! An immediate transfer embargo is placed upon the club, thus ruining my transfer window plans!

The 27th January soon arrives and news breaks that the takeover has been completed. The new chairman informs me that £23m has been added to the transfer budget and although he has his own plans for a new manager he is willing to give me a chance. Two games later and after two difficult away games resulted in draws, I'm am given the news that I was dreading......my contract has been terminated with immediate effect! To say I was gutted would be a gross understatement! And to make matters worse, Giovanni de Blasi DID NOT get the job!!!

So it goes to show that Board Takeovers DO happen......and sometimes they aren't good news!!!

Archived