Most ungrateful board

Who has had the least appreciative board? What did you win and what did they expect and say?

With Leeds Utd, they were expecting great success one season. In it, I won the cup treble of the Champions League, the FA Cup, the League Cup, all those minor European cups you get and finished 2nd in the Prem to Man Utd by one point.

Despite this they thought: "The board feel you should be performing slightly better in your role as manager. However the recent form of the team gives us a glimmer of hope."

I felt like shoving the trophy cabinet where the sun doesn't shine.

I remember something like this too, my first season promoted to EPL, board and I agreed on expectation to bravely battle relegation. Surprisingly I led the team to pretty much mid table throughout the season, never going higher than 8th and never going lower than 14th. When I went on a run of few games losing, the board will say that they are concerned by the poor form. If my expectation was to challenge for Europe or to be midtable that'd be fine, but I wasn't even close to relegation - what's the board expecting?

• 5 weeks later...

( PSP )

I finished 4th in the Premier League with Nottingham Forest and the next season the board gave me 3.1m and told me they expect great success in every area.

Its just stupid.

OK. I won the Champions League and the Premier League but thats because the game is easy.

In reality getting in a top 4 spot would be miracle territory but they were " pleased " with the high league position.

They should throw a parade for finishing in the top 4.

Archived