Be careful with contract clauses.....

The 'match highest earner clause' can also be a killer

I hate those, especially when you bring in a new highly paid star player without realising that your 31 year old backup winger has this clause :mad:

After finding out the hard way about these clauses I've made sure I get rid of them whenever possible.

I hate those, especially when you bring in a new highly paid star player without realising that your 31 year old backup winger has this clause :mad:

After finding out the hard way about these clauses I've made sure I get rid of them whenever possible.

That one hit me very hard in my 1st save on FM11.

The highest earner clause and the yearly wage rise clause are 2 which I try not to put on players at all costs. I rather give the player a little more money than have those clauses in contracts.

when i take over at a team i try and negotiate new contracts with the "highest earner" clause players to get that out of their contracts. it's pretty challenging.

Here too. The first time I gave this, I almost choked when the 36k a month player, immediately rose to 50k. ****ed me off.

I used to have ‘assistant handles contract renewals’ ticked, until I noticed he had put the ‘match highest earner’ clause into Mark Nobles’, Phil Jones’, Scott Parkers’, James Tomkins’, Matthew Upsons', Valon Behramis', Julien Fauberts' and Jack Rodwells’ contract. Transfer window opens, and I splash out on Jack Wilshere (£23M) .. only to find those players have matched Jack’s £84,000 a week contract. I’m pretty sure my wage budget doubled overnight, which crippled me with the £23M transfer fee for Mr Wilshere. NEVER AGAIN will I allow my assistant to negotiate contracts for me.

Chiellini in that corrupted rat hole Milan. I can't believe my eyes. How, what, when... I feel sick :-(

Juve WILL win tonight!!! :D

Gattuso :cool:

On topic.....you do have to be really careful with contracts. The one that has hurt me in the past was the minimum release clause in spain. Its also the reason my assistant is not allowed to handle contracts anymore.

After signing georginio wijnaldum, my assistant offered him a new contract (strangely) and gave him a minimum release clause fee of 7.5 million. I didn't notice it until I got the message that some team had matched it and now were in contract negotiations with him. Luckily he accepted my new contract offer.

I think its VERY wise to always set as high a minimum fee release clause as possible in all cases. My favourite is 200M.

If a big team comes knoncking for a player you dont want to leave, accept by re-negotiating to the minimum fee release clause value that you were smart enough to make rediculously high; the player would be happy that you accepted his move to a bigger club, and the big club would immediately stop negotiatins (presumably being too expensive), and you would be happy your player doesnt leave. :)

Archived