PDA

View Full Version : Flaw with the website

Jay-Producer
05-03-2011, 14:29
There is no other forum to place this in so i had to put it in here. When I replied to a thread I spent 4 hours compiling lots of data only for the website to ask me to log back in and then it never submitted my reply and I lost all the work. SI sort it out please. It is a pain the website logging you out all the time automatically after a certain time, but im not too bothered about that its the fact that it will not allow you to submit your reply when you click submit and log back in.

HectorSpector
05-03-2011, 14:33
Pretty common with all forums, unfortunately.

Why on earth you wouldn't compile 4 hours worth of data into something more secure (like a word document) before posting is beyond me.

dafuge
05-03-2011, 14:34
Do you tick 'remember me' when you log in?

milnerpoint
05-03-2011, 14:53
ive only logged into this website twice, once on my lap top and once on my work computer, never ever logs me out.

Biscotti
05-03-2011, 15:47
This is indeed a pain, particularly in places like the CSE, career and stories sections. The simplest way to get around it, though, is to compose your post in an external program (Notepad, word, etc.) and then copy/paste it over.

Sikker
05-03-2011, 16:08
Yeah, it's quite annoying. If I haven't used the site for 10-15 minutes I automatically get logged off. I know it's normal for other sites too, but still it's annoying. Especially when you're in the tactics forum or so where you need to be logged in to read.

Carmi88
05-03-2011, 18:28
never logged out, and never will x) (hopefully) :s

Nottingham Forest
05-03-2011, 18:30
I have remember me :). Never that problem. I also copy what I have wrote, just incase my internet play ups. Then I can just paste it again if it does happen :).

rancer890
05-03-2011, 19:37
I have remember me :). Never that problem. I also copy what I have wrote, just incase my internet play ups. Then I can just paste it again if it does happen :).

That's what I do. I hate having to do redo end of season reports in Careers all over again because Firefox/Chrome decided to crash itself. :(

Always c & p your posts every once in a while especially if it's a long one.

tom_numbers
06-03-2011, 01:53
Also, if you're taken to a page that tells you your post failed, generally, you can just press back - and voila - your post is still there!

Jay-Producer
06-03-2011, 09:17
Do you tick 'remember me' when you log in?

No I never.

Jay-Producer
06-03-2011, 09:18
This is indeed a pain, particularly in places like the CSE, career and stories sections. The simplest way to get around it, though, is to compose your post in an external program (Notepad, word, etc.) and then copy/paste it over.

Ive now learned that lesson lol

Jay-Producer
06-03-2011, 09:18
Also, if you're taken to a page that tells you your post failed, generally, you can just press back - and voila - your post is still there!

Tried that but it wasn't because it would not submit it.

dafuge
06-03-2011, 10:41
No I never.

If you tick it when you log in then it should prevent you getting logged out during periods of inactivity.