How Long Did Big Four Domination Last In Your Game?

I'm curious to see just how big the gap is in the game between the "big four" and the other teams in the Premier League.

So people, answer this question if you would. What was the first year in your game that an AI team that wasn't Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal won the Premier League? To be clear, i'm talking about a club outside the top four that was computer controlled winning the EPL.

In my career game it took until the 2020/21 season, when Tottenham won the title.

I'm curious to see just how big the gap is in the game between the "big four" and the other teams in the Premier League.

So people, answer this question if you would. What was the first year in your game that an AI team that wasn't Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal won the Premier League? To be clear, i'm talking about a club outside the top four that was computer controlled winning the EPL.

In my career game it took until the 2020/21 season, when Tottenham won the title.

It's 2011 and Chelski are still dominating. Spurs have been runners up for the last two seasons under the guidance of Lothar Mattheus so it shouldn't be too much longer til the dominance is broken. Manure had finished fifth the last two seasons at least and are struggling in the UEFA cup icon_razz.gif

2014 - West Ham broke it. Since then (up to 2020) only Liverpool have won it form the big 4. Its gone:

West Ham

Liv

Newc

Liv

Tottenham

Sheff Weds icon_eek.gif

West Ham

Man United are consistently fighting relegation and Chelsea have turned into a mid-table side. Its only really Arsenal and Liverpool that still hold some of their power from the beginning of the game icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Man United are consistently fighting relegation and Chelsea have turned into a mid-table side. Its only really Arsenal and Liverpool that still hold some of their power from the beginning of the game icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i'm a bit miffed about this, because loads of people have said about Utd getting relegated etc and I have been waiting and waiting for it to happen in my game so as I can take over and try a Ferguson. I'm in 2018 and they have just won their third straight CL and have only finished outside the top four once.

I'm in 2011 and the Big 4 have dominated the top 3 in all seasons. Man City have been the next best club, finishing fourth on two occaisons (when one of the Big 4 went walkabout), winning the EURO Cup and European Supercup in 2009 and finishing runners up in the Champions League in 2010.

Aston Villa are doing quite well this year though.

Incidentally no English team has won the Champions League in my game, though one has finished as runners up each year. Chelsea won the EURO Cup last year and City the year before that.

They don't seem to buy a lot of players in my game, perhaps that is why they dominate the league but are a shade behind in Europe.

I broke the big 4 with Leeds, but the big 4 are still in the top 5, Charlton nearly broke it, signing loads of top quality players, but went bust and lost their top players, so well see how they do next season.

Chelsea seem to be dropping away now, Liverpool are drifting lower down and Man U have just got back into the pack after having 3 years of obscurity.

Reading are the only team to win the EPL outside of the top 4, but many teams have come close and broken the dominance.

2007/08: (1st) Chelsea, (2nd) Liverpool, (3rd) Man U, (4th) Arsenal

2008/09: (1st) Liverpool, (2nd) Chelsea, (3rd) Arsenal, (4th) Man U

2009/10: (1st) Liverpool, (2nd) Arsenal, (3rd) Chelsea, (4th) West Ham (Man U 8th)

2010/11: (1st) Arsenal, (2nd) Man U, (3rd) Chelsea, (4th) Everton, (Liverpool 17th)

2011/12: (1st) Chelsea, (2nd) Reading, (3rd) Newcastle, (4th) Middlesbrough

(Liverpool 8th, Man U 9th and Arsenal 16th)

2012/13: (1st) Chelsea, (2nd) Reading, (3rd) Arsenal, (4th) Aston Villa (Man U 7th and liverpool 15th)

2013/14: (1st) Reading, (2nd) Chelsea, (3rd) Aston Villa, (4th) Arsenal (liverpool 6th and Man U 11th)

2014/15: (1st) Chelsea, (2nd) Leeds, (3rd) Liverpool, (4th) West Ham (Arsenal 6th Man U 9th)

2015/16 (beginning of Feb): Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool 1st, 3rd and 5th respectively all challenging for the title (seperated by 7 points). Man U are in 12th.

In my games it seems that Man U goes down the hill every time after the first season. In the first season they're practically impossible to catch in the league but after that they start to under preform and every following season they just get worse and worse. Usually somewhere between 2015 and 2020 they either do get relegated or are lingering just above relegation zone. And I think it has something do the fact that Furgeson usually retires after first or second season and the slide begins.

2008 - Liverpool

2009 - Arsenal

2010 - Arsenal

2011 - Man Utd

2012 - Man Utd

2014 - Portsmouth

2015 - Man Utd

2016 - Liverpool

2017 - Arsenal

In current season 1st March - Arsenal top 73-pts. 2nd Liverpool 56-pts. 3rd Charlton 54-pts. 4th Man City 49-pts. Chelsea are 5th with 47-pts but Man Utd are 11th with only 38-pts. So its only the last two/three years that they are starting to break up.

well in 2008 liverpool finished 6th, everton 5th and suprisingly ........... ........ (suspense here) tottenham 4th. But in the way of titles in 2009 spurs won the title, arsenal 2nd united 3rd n chelski 4th but im in 2016 now and thats the only upset the top 4 have had!

2012 in my game, pretty much all Chelsea winning the title since the start of the game so no huge surprise there. As for the other 'big four' teams, they've been split around top 10 with Man Utd failing to make the top four 2 years running now, so the 'big four' is non-existant now in my game.

In my 2012 game, 2010 saw only Chelsea (me) win the league and the others were further down - from memory, Man City 2nd, Portsmouth 3rd, Man U 4th (just).

2011 was the big 4 again, and currently - December - it's the same again, but Man U are on a bad run.

Had a 2018 save where Man City and Portsmouth were dominating with the other Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U skittering about playing catch up, and Liverpool floundering in the lower half after not buying any players for 3 seasons.

i am man city on my game and in my 1st season i finished 4th and won the fa cupicon_biggrin.gif

in my 2nd season chelsea r top followed by everton man u sunderland villa then me around november but liverpool r about 15th in the league first season they finished 9th + got into the uefa cup through fair play table. on another game man u and liverpool are struggling in the league and constantly finish 8th and 9th

man u currently fighting relegation in 2011icon_biggrin.gif

I started a new game with man city earlier this week, to see how long it would take me to overthrow United as the Kings of Manchester. My seasons gone wierd. Im in 4th, only 1 point behind Man U, who incedently are yet to lose a game in any competition, despite getting no new players as of yet. Arsenal and Chelski are both about 5 points ahead at the top, within touching distance :p. Liverpool are waaay back, and sunderland have decided they want to get into europe, placing theselfs right up my backside looking for champions league, thing is, they've only bought 2 of my rejects (Vassel and Geovanni) but are still managing to keep up, strange game.

lol for mine , the big 4 domination was broken in the 1st season!

Man U -- 1st ( Controlled by me )

Chelsea -- 2nd

Portsmouth -- 3rd

Newcastle -- 4th ( OMG )

Tottenham -- 5th

Arsenal -- 6th

Liverpool -- 7th

Currently , liverpool are owning in the uefa cup!

currently in 2022 and not playing in England so I haven't affected it ... Blackburn won in 2016 and Aston Villa in 2019 ... runners-up outside the "Big 4" have been Reading (2013), Everton (2017), West Brom (2018 and 2021; they've also finished 3rd 3 times), and Tottenham (2020) ... Chelsea have won the league 5 of the last 6 seasons

I am curently 10 games into season 5.

Liverpool and Chelsea have both won title twice, i was in Portuagal until January of last season when i moved to Cardiff.

In the second season West Ham came third behind Liverpool and Arsenal. The following season NewCastle and Everton where 3rd and 4th respectivly. Last season Man City where 4th with me pushing Cardiff up to third.

10 Games into season 5 Man Utd lie 19th although 20th at this stage last season and managed to pop in 6th. Liverpool are 10th Chelsea just above them and Arsenal leading on goal differance over me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

Liverpool and Chelsea have both won title twice, i was in Portuagal until January of last season when i moved to Cardiff.

In the second season West Ham came third behind Liverpool and Arsenal. The following season NewCastle and Everton where 3rd and 4th respectivly. Last season Man City where 4th with me pushing Cardiff up to <STRIKE>third</STRIKE>Forth.

10 Games into season 5 Man Utd lie 19th although 20th at this stage last season and managed to pop in 6th. Liverpool are 10th Chelsea just above them and Arsenal leading on goal differance over me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry im half asleep and i dont know what the hell im writing lol. Think its time i got a coffee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

In the second season West Ham came third behind Liverpool and Arsenal. The following season NewCastle and Everton where 3rd and 4th respectivly. Last season Man City where 4th with me pushing Cardiff up to <STRIKE>third Forth</STRIKE>Fith.

10 Games into season 5 Man Utd lie 19th although 20th at this stage last season and managed to pop in 6th. Liverpool are 10th Chelsea just above them and Arsenal leading on goal differance over me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am in 2010/11 capaighn and arsne wenger went to athletico madrid arsenal went south with 10 looses in a row. liverpool - well there loosing money fast dont think there in top 100 rich list any more and are struggling for 4th. chelsea i kind of went nuts at em added a manager sold there staff lead them to 3 25-0 looses sacked all there staff and before i came to my senses and quit the auto save happend and they aint in the top 4 anymore. also bought an unknown leagye 2 player for 55 million XD to waiste chelseas money.

In 2012 Arsenal won 3 titles out of 5 while Chelsea have won 1 title and remained in the top 4. Man utd won the title the first season and the Champions League but dropped to a mid table team after that same with liverpool. Newcastle have become a top quality team along with Man city making up the new top 4.

The big four was dis-banded about 6 seasons in when my Birmingham team gate-crashed it.

Several seasons after than the likes of Newcastle and Everton constantly battled me for the championship with the big four finsihing anywhere from 5th-10th.

I'm now in 2024, Arse, Liverpool and Chelsea are mid-table teams, last few seasons each have took tunrs to challenge top four.

Last season Southampton (who won Champ league at first attempt year before under AI management) whet the full season unbeaten, preventing me from winning my 10th EPL on the trot.

About 3 seasons ago Man U were relagated and are now bankrupt (in administration last year) - Im trying to make them my feeder club but the board arent going for it as of yet lol

• 1 month later...

I'm in 2010 with Spurs.

In the second season after SAF retired, coppell took over. As at Reading, he never bought any big-name signings and bloodied in many of the youth. As a result MU faded away to outside the top 4. Chelski under Grant and Liverpool under Benitez also drop away to leave the Big 2 - Spurs and Arsenal.

The 'Other 3' are run close by the likes of Villa, Everton and Citeh.

In 2010 Coppell has just taken the England job so we await who gets MU. All 3 look like they are getting stronger again with some big signings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sacrificer:

Im in 2022-2023, Iv'e won it 21 times with chelsea & Arsenal had the other 2, Portsmouth have been in the top 4 for about 15 seasons now & Utd drifted off from 2014 onwards, there currently 19th in championship icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hang on, are you playing 00/01 or 00/02 or FM08 because there is no way you could of done 23 seasons and still be in 2022-2023 or you would have to be playing the first versions I mentioned.

Im only starting the 5th season with spurs and have managed 4th once, but here is a quick round up,

07/08 mancity came 5th 17 points behind liverpool, (no other changes0

08/09 Spurs came fourth 6 7 points behind liverpool with Manu down in seventh!!! i think fergie got the sack that year!

09/10 Spurs followed up their great 4th place with a predictable 12th... still didnt get sacked though, manu recovered to 4th2nd and the villa cracked the top 4 with liverpool 5th 8points behind them, it was definatly the big 3 that year as chelski were 13 pointys ahead of 5th placed villa.

10/11; i finished a lowly 7th after being between 4-7 constantly up until the final 8 game ruun in, The season ended with liverpool no where to be seen, villa in 4th and arsenal to my dismay winning for the 3rd season in a row!!!

Fortunatly i seam to have a reason record against the scum in this game it reads, played 10 won 3 drawn 1 although you may suggest this is awful, its better than real life lol.

Archived