This is the last FM game I will purchase

The game seems to be taking step backwards.

Morale is such a difficult entity in the game and integral part of the time team. It fluctuates for no reason amongst the team on all of my saves. I've had teams top of the league by 6 points then suddenly a morale disease will spread throughout the whole team and we plummit down the league

Tactics work for 2 months. The team will play like superstars and we will beat teams 3-0 4-0 and then it turns to us not even being able to score penalties.

Overall I think this is the worst Football Manager in the series so far. I've been playing and buying the game every year since CM 96. 14 years of buying the game £30, it seems to be moving in a direction that I dont like and I think many people feel the same. They obviously spend too much time doing stuff like linking to twiter and youtube rather than fixing a match engine which is pivotal to the game.

Too many times they score after you score, too many times a world class defender will forget to mark his man. When he has been able to do it fine for the last 10 games, just suddenly seem to develop amnesia overnight.

And to cap it all, Where are the January updates? Normally come out Feb time, we are into March and still nothing. Too busy planning for FM 12 which will have just as many bugs and some more.

Rant over.

You must have amnesia as well, this is far from the worst CM/FM ever :rolleyes:

Tactics don't just work for two months as you put it but if you fail to adapt to what the opposition are doing its not the games fault.

I would agree that morale is a bit touchy in this version and hopefully it'll be tweaked a little in the patch but look at Chelsea in real life, how many games did they go before a win before Xmas?

Where is the patch? Well maybe take a look at the top of the forum and read the available information before throwing your toys out of the pram.

Morale is such a difficult entity in the game and integral part of the time team. It fluctuates for no reason amongst the team on all of my saves. I've had teams top of the league by 6 points then suddenly a morale disease will spread throughout the whole team and we plummit down the league

In real life, there are a whole raft of things that affect a teams morale than can't truly be replicated in FM. Whether it's because your centre half is sleeping with your fullbacks wife, or because your defender has just shot someone, morale can change for no apparent reason. There was a Championship club with problems earlier this year because one of their players admitted to being a BNP supporter. I don't believe morale changes randomly, but it will fluctuate slightly.

Tactics work for 2 months. The team will play like superstars and we will beat teams 3-0 4-0 and then it turns to us not even being able to score penalties.

They're unrelated points. First, teams have good form and bad form. Have you seen Chelsea this season? Then, when a team is off-form, and it seems like nothing is going your way, your players are more likely to bucke under the pressure of taking a penalty.

Overall I think this is the worst Football Manager in the series so far. I've been playing and buying the game every year since CM 96. 14 years of buying the game £30, it seems to be moving in a direction that I dont like and I think many people feel the same. They obviously spend too much time doing stuff like linking to twiter and youtube rather than fixing a match engine which is pivotal to the game.

I can't be certain, but I'm almost entirely sure Miles has said that the twitter/youtube work was done by an intern. No experienced programmers were put on it - rather, someone trying to prove their worth to possibly be hired by SI put it together. If you prefer, next year we can have the inexperienced intern work on the match engine - see what the result of that is?

Too many times they score after you score, too many times a world class defender will forget to mark his man. When he has been able to do it fine for the last 10 games, just suddenly seem to develop amnesia overnight.

This happens in real life. The way to combat it is to react to your side scoring, and tell your players to hassle, and keep the ball. When teams score these days, do you see the manager and his coaching team sat silent in the dugout? No, they're up at the touchline reminding their players not to get carried away.

And to cap it all, Where are the January updates? Normally come out Feb time, we are into March and still nothing. Too busy planning for FM 12 which will have just as many bugs and some more.

If you'd cared to read the sticky at the top of the forum, they've encountered some unexpected problems, but are working hard to fix them. Your last sentence devalues your whole post (which was dangerously close to being nothing more than frustration-driven, aimless criticism anyway) to nothing more than a typical whine post that you really should have wrote on a piece of paper, then thrown in the bin. It is a shame for SI that you won't be purchasing Football Manager next year, but this kind of post on the forums won't be.

I think the original poster does have a point with some things. I don't like the match engine on FM 2011, I feel it's not polished like 2010 was after the patches. The defenders are so dumb sometimes. I've gone back to my 13 year career on FM 2010.

If morale drops because my left back has shot someone with an air rifle or my centre back is with anothers wife then fair enough those are reasons why moral came plummit. Yet there is no explanation as to why morale is low as it is. Why its gone up, why its gone down. Its just an unknown.

Chelsea went a lot of games without winning. Again its explained because they have an ageing squad which wasnt big enough, and they had a lot of injuries to key players like lampard and terry. So again theres an explanation why suddenly the team is having to adapt at the loss of influential players and your playing people out of position etc.

Regarding the Intern doing the Youtube/twitter thing, thats fair enough but why couldnt the intern do something a bit more crucial like helping fix the match engine? Go play a 3-4-3 formation and you will see why so many are frustrated. Watch how deep all your players go.

I understand about changing tactics based on match conditions, opposition tactics, positions in the league etc and playing to our strength and their weaknesses like width closing down pace of the game etc etc. I also understand that you have to adapt based on what happens during the game goal up goal down, opposition sitting back, target man, playing to feet etc etc. Yet it makes no difference the results are still the same. Morale will still drop, players will still have a string of bad games.

My post was born from frustration that is true. Its a rant I am aware of that. There are things that have been broken for too long which dont seem to be getting fixed and actually appear to be getting worse, and thats my point.

so your happy to spent money on a game that dont work correctly, ok it works but lets say about 60% does work ok but the rest is just so frustrating and it is a joke that we have to wait for the 3rd patch but also understand a little why but cmon we pay for this so we can say what we like on this forum.

i will buy the fm2012 but only in the hope that it works not gonna hold my breath tho even with all the millions and millions they have stolen from us u would think they would have a playable fm by now

I am so tired of these threads year after year, again and again and again, we do not need to know, 14 years of buying a game big deal, honestly posting stuff like this is asking for a flame war. I have been buying the game since CM01/02, not as long, but long enough to know what I am talking about.

so you are saying as new features come out, things that have been broken stay broken for so long?.

Morale has to be slightly random to be realistic with modern life, football manager does not handle the players lifes outside of football, so there has to be a state of virtualisation where players may love you one minute, and then suddenly have a change of heart and want out asap. it happens in real life too, you do not see people saying "ashley cole shot someone, this is the last time I will watch a football game because the FA is broken??".

everybody knows there are issues at the FA, and just like Football manager they are fixable, but all of the things you state aint really problems excluding the match engine, however it is not that broken.

Morale of the story is, if you want to say you won't buy a game again, don't come to its forums crying about it, tell someone who cares, just don't lie and over exaggerate next time, and whoever you tell might take what you say with a bit of consideration.

FM11 ME is poor, simple as that. My striker Pacheco won the ball in my half and had 4 clear options, and instead, hoofed the ball into the stands. Poor Poor Poor. Dont tell me its his composure etc. The nearest opposition was metres away. Anyway, I hope SI can polish off the ME and bugs, and Im sure this game can be THE best FM game ever

so ur saying hes not allowed to come on the forum and give his opinion??? if u dont care about it dont read it then

not at all, is his opinion was a valid opinion then fine, but its not, in any sense of the word.

I just find it unnessacary to come here and cry, I have fm2011, and the "bugs" I have personally experienced can count on two fingers since release, and yes I am a daily player, infact, even when I am not playing fm, it is almost always running in the background.

I believe most bugs occur on lacklustre computers.

only ever have one crash dump, due to a custom database error, my fault.

and the other problem was players disapearing of the lineups at match day. not exactly game breaking?.

myself like many other people, come here for sensible discussions, not for people like OP to turn it into a wasteland of unvalid points. however since 08, its a regular occurance, which is why I spend most my time at other forums.

so your happy to spent money on a game that dont work correctly, ok it works but lets say about 60% does work ok but the rest is just so frustrating and it is a joke that we have to wait for the 3rd patch but also understand a little why but cmon we pay for this so we can say what we like on this forum.

You can say what you like provided it is constructive, we just don't appreciate rants so we tend to close them.

As it says in the forum rules: 'The owners of Sports Interactive Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.'

my biggest problem is having 30 shots a game and maybe scoring 1 if im lucky,now that to me is unrelistic i dont mind if that happened every 12 games or so but every game? and my players are mostly top notch so nothing to do with that or tactics, and my laptop is brand new and top of the range so nothing to do with that either, also the players are thick as s**t doing stuff on the pitch that just wouldnt happen in real life ok i know it must be solid to get a 3d match engine to work perfrctly but this match engine is soo bad.

You can say what you like provided it is constructive, we just don't appreciate rants so we tend to close them.

As it says in the forum rules: 'The owners of Sports Interactive Community reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.'

so what ur saying is if sports interactive dont like what you say they get rid of it if some1 dares to criticise football manager and im not allowed to say how unhappy i am at the work of the game then it will be removed thats good eh

i agree that the ME is not that good, but you also see the AL doing silly things too so it works both ways really (still needs to be sorted out though) Morale is not a problem to me and never has been, like people have stated above the game hasn't got the feature to tell you if a family member has died, or a player has shot somene etc.

I agree with world class players doing stupid things btw, yeah it would be realistic if he makes a mistake or does something stupid a few times once or twice but it happens all the time !!

And i liked it how the title of your post was "This is the last FM game I will purchase" Then you go on to say you will probably buy FM 12 :)

i agree that the ME is not that good, but you also see the AL doing silly things too so it works both ways really (still needs to be sorted out though) Morale is not a problem to me and never has been, like people have stated above the game hasn't got the feature to tell you if a family member has died, or a player has shot somene etc.

I agree with world class players doing stupid things btw, yeah it would be realistic if he makes a mistake or does something stupid a few times once or twice but it happens all the time !!

And i liked it how the title of your post was "This is the last FM game I will purchase" Then you go on to say you will probably buy FM 12 :)

i dont think he has said he will buy fm2012.

so what ur saying is if sports interactive dont like what you say they get rid of it if some1 dares to criticise football manager and im not allowed to say how unhappy i am at the work of the game then it will be removed thats good eh

No, that's not what I'm saying. If the criticism is constructive then it is very much welcomed, it is the repeated rants that lack any real substance that we do not appreciate.

No, that's not what I'm saying. If the criticism is constructive then it is very much welcomed, it is the repeated rants that lack any real substance that we do not appreciate.

ok i dont want to get into a forum fight but my points to me are constuctive i want to air my grevences ive just been playing it and it gets me soo angry wen s**t starts to happen and the game then goes to be unplayable coz if i play it anymore i will throw my brand new laptop out the window (which i only bought to play fm) im just sooooooo angry that they havent fixed it by now like i have said before i know it must be hard but they have took millions off of us i say miilions but its got to be billions with all that money surly they can do a much better job as we do pay for the game

the match engine to me is the biggest problem i just cant stand the stupidness of the players it really gets on my nerves, the having 30 shots on goal nearly everygame and scoring one goal, also the stupid things players do like one of my defenders about a yard from the ball who now goes so slow that the attacker who was miles away now caught him out this happens alot, the crossing is shocking from wingers and full backs, strikers or attacking midfielders who try shots with there weak foot even tho u told them not to use weak foot yet wen they are thru on goal they will always use that frecking weak foot does my nut in so the whole match engine to me needs looked at

Sounds like you would be better off watching the games on commentary only.

u could be rite but i paid my money for a working game lol not one i cant use fully i just hope that wen the new patch is out that most things will be fixed tho im not holding my breath

The game works though, it isn't unplayable. The match engine isn't perfect, but it never will be, however much they improve it.

aye it does work but i expect a fully working game as i spent £30 on the game also bought a new laptop mostly for fm, and match engine will never be perfect but cmon it could be improved so much thats wot im saying not saying it should be 100% but at least try make the players a bit more relistic in what they do on the pitch ok im finished on here now only so much u can say

the match engine to me is the biggest problem i just cant stand the stupidness of the players it really gets on my nerves, the having 30 shots on goal nearly everygame and scoring one goal, also the stupid things players do like one of my defenders about a yard from the ball who now goes so slow that the attacker who was miles away now caught him out this happens alot, the crossing is shocking from wingers and full backs, strikers or attacking midfielders who try shots with there weak foot even tho u told them not to use weak foot yet wen they are thru on goal they will always use that frecking weak foot does my nut in so the whole match engine to me needs looked at

and you don't feel any of this is of your own making??

Certainly your tactical instructions and choices are playing a role in what you are seeing.

and you don't feel any of this is of your own making??

Certainly your tactical instructions and choices are playing a role in what you are seeing.

you just saying that says it all about you eh u think i just started playing fm now for the first time like get a grip pal i think i know how to use tactics by now, lets all agree to disagree, it doesnt matter what tactics u use the same s**t happens.

you just saying that says it all about you eh u think i just started playing fm now for the first time like get a grip pal i think i know how to use tactics by now, lets all agree to disagree, it doesnt matter what tactics u use the same s**t happens.

Well the fact that you think that all tactics produce the "same ****" just shows the mindset you have :rolleyes:

You might know how to "use" tactics but you seem to lack the understanding of them.

Rather than getting on your high horse do yourself a favour read some of the threads in the tactical forum or ask for advice on areas that you are having trouble with.

Well the fact that you think that all tactics produce the "same ****" just shows the mindset you have :rolleyes:

You might know how to "use" tactics but you seem to lack the understanding of them.

Rather than getting on your high horse do yourself a favour read some of the threads in the tactical forum or ask for advice on areas that you are having trouble with.

get a grip of urself pal the only problems i have is bugs not tactical problems but ur rite and we are all wrong every1 that has a problem has got to be a tactical one not a bug u r deluded.

i agree with you 100%,you r not allowed to tell the truth about this game.if u do u will get banned. FANBOYS WHO SUCK UP TO SI MAKE ME SICK.

Like I said earlier, constructive criticism is welcomed but pointless rants are not.

Much better :thup:

But I'd prefer it if you didn't call people deluded. And perhaps consider the odd capital letter.

cant be assed with capitals im not really on this to write a book thats perfect reading and are you trying to be a smart c**t aye???

if i call someone deluded its because i think they are

cant be assed with capitals im not really on this to write a book thats perfect reading and are you trying to be a smart c**t aye???

if i call someone deluded its because i think they are

you do know hes a moderator right?

just checking

Archived