Messi or Ronaldo

I'm currently playing the demo and got board so i decided to put Ronaldo at Barca just to see what damage i could do in half a season. It then got me thinking if you could only have one of them at your club on the game and if money was not a factor which one you have? and why?

I'd have Ronaldo personally he seems to score more goals than messi does and just seems to be an all round better player.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Ronaldo, messi is messi because of barcelona. Ronaldo proved himself in both Manu and Real Madrid. Even though Portugal National Team is lesser than Argentina, Ronaldo is also better at international stage.

Thought i don't like Ronaldo as much as i like Messi i would have to choose Ronaldo being the past experiance ont his version of FM he has stood out more for me than Messi has when i managed Barca, could be the way i play but still he seems to get more in the game and scores more the Messi did for me.

at the moment messi is alot better but all world class argies eventually have a break down. maradonna tevez DiStefano batistuta riqueleme. it will happen almost like a small mentality. messi will be the same. In 6 years time ronaldo will be the best in the world and messi will be back at boca or river.

Cristiano. Just because he is better footballer then Messi.

Thats a joke right?

I would probably choose Messi, but thats because I'm biased towards Argentina. I also prefer to create a professional team, so players like Ronaldo, Adriano, Ballotelli will never cut the grade at whatever team im managing.

If you were to put forward a logical, non biased comparison, you wouldn't be able to seperate which is the best "footballer". Both are different players and accel in what they do best, both have proven that they are the best in the world at this time, both have proven that they fail in international games.

You can't say Messi is who he is simply because he's at Barcelona either, since playing side by side with the players available at both Man Utd and Real Madrid, you can't say that Ronaldo has had it "Harder". Though you could press forward the issue of which manager is capable of getting the best of the two players, who has to be Pep Guardiola.

Messi is easily a better player in real life. Ronaldo's attributes make him more versatile on the game though, he will score more goals from wide than Messi because of his physicals and selfishness. If you want the best out of Messi you have to play him up front on the game. If you do that though, he WILL outscore Ronaldo.

So there's arguments for both that I can see, but I would pick Messi because I like his style of play a lot more and Ronaldo is incredibly frustrating sometimes when he just shoots from ridiculous positions anywhere on the field rather than make a simple pass that would lead to a tap in for a team-mate.

Cheers.

I haven't tried either of them on fm 11 but if it reflects real life well enough messi would be the better choice. Unfortunately i don't think it does reflect them properly as people seem to be able to get more out of Ronaldo than Messi.

Messi for obvuious reasons. Look at the big games, Ronaldo always goes missing. 9 times out of 10 Messi steps up and delivers.

well said my friend. anyone who says ronaldo clearly hasn't seen messi live or enough on tv ! ask madrid fans who their best player has been over the last 10 years. Ronaldo the other one or zidane.

ask any barca fan the same question. Messi. some barca fans would even and have gone as far as saying to date they have been more impressed with what theyve seen from messi than when diego maradona was there

well said my friend. anyone who says ronaldo clearly hasn't seen messi live or enough on tv ! ask madrid fans who their best player has been over the last 10 years. Ronaldo the other one or zidane.

ask any barca fan the same question. Messi. some barca fans would even and have gone as far as saying to date they have been more impressed with what theyve seen from messi than when diego maradona was there

well Diego only made 30 odd appearances, he would be better conmpare to Cruyff who we consider one of the very best we have had, as a player and a manager. I dont like the Messi v Ronaldo argument. I think they are both great palyers, the 2 best in the game. But Messi is more of a direct footballer and more of a team player. These debates never end well though.

well Diego only made 30 odd appearances, he would be better conmpare to Cruyff who we consider one of the very best we have had, as a player and a manager. I dont like the Messi v Ronaldo argument. I think they are both great palyers, the 2 best in the game. But Messi is more of a direct footballer and more of a team player. These debates never end well though.

lol . i wasnt trying to compare the 2 my friend deigo and lionel i was just saying what i was told from my friends back in catalunya :) but there are so many barca fans im sure opinions will vary. i think real madrids best player is jose mourinho personally.

I signed Messi aged 29 on a free from Barcelona. I normally only sign youngish players but made an exception for Messi.

6 months later I sent him out on loan for 9m and 40m future fee. He just did not fit into my tactics> played him up front, on the wing and even changed formation to a amc but no avail. He was steady 7's in every game but not good enough.

city paid the 40m in the summer so i got him on a free at 29 and sold him for £49m at 30.

Great bit of business.

i am at the moment messi spends more time on the ball but ronaldo does more with it when he has it

Messi has 17 and Ronaldo has 37.

In all fairness its messi's first season in england...

I've got both in a Man Utd cheat save right now.

Ronaldo right wing, Messi left.

Ronaldo: Played 28, scored 26, 14 assists. 8.07 rating.

Messi: Played 32, scored 8, 13 assists. 7.42 rating.

Last season:

Messi: Played 50, scored 28, 23 assists. 7.77 rating.

Ronaldo: Played 59, scored 39, 27 assists, 7.77 rating.

Granted, Messi gets better ratings when hes on right wing, but still nowhere near as good as Ronaldo.

has anyone had them both in the same team? who performs better?

I had them both in the same team using a classic 4-3-3 with the central striker dropping deeper and linking to the midfield. Messi played that role, Ronaldo swapped between left and right striker.

IIRC Ronaldo scored one goal more than Messi, but Messi had about 25 more assists than Ronaldo and an average rating about 0.5 higher. Both were averaging about a goal a game, but Messi was also averaging nearly an assist per game too.

Cheers.

first of all we should agree that both of them are incredible players, i'd go with Cristiano he plays well with any team under any circumstances unlike messi who is considered a "Media Player" besides everyone keeps saying that messi is barcelona while i see that barcelona without messi might even be considered better how: Barcelona won the world Cup 2010 Pique Puyol iniesta xavi besquets Villa pedro while messi fails with argentina, Ronaldo amazes me when he plays with madrid altho i hate him as a manunited fan but you can't stop saying that Ronaldo can score with his head/free kicks/long shots unlike messi who is also an amazing player but can't head nor shoot freekicks.

excuse my bad english

IRL Messi is the best player in the world by a distance but in video games you can't really recreate the amazing dribbling skills he has or his top class mentality. Ronaldo on the other hand is easily recreated in video games as he's just the ultimate flat track bully with a thunderous shot and amazing set pieces. For them reasons I'd always take Ronaldo in video games but IRL Messi wins hands down easily.

In real life, i'd take Messi without a shadow of a doubt. Don't think their is a manager on Earth who wouldn't. A complete attacking footballer.

Take away Ronaldo's goal scoring ability, and he offers little to the team in terms of linking up play, keeping possession or creating chances like Messi does.

Ronaldo, as world class as he is, is much more one dimensional. He's a run and shoot player.

In the game though, i'd take Ronaldo.

Archived