How long can a board take over take?

Just before the league 2 playoff final with Havant and Waterlooville the Chairman decides to step down and the board take over begins. I then get the usual "its close" and "its going to collapse" messages which have now stopped. I'm now over mid-way into the first season in league 1 and the board just says thank you for my patience in the monthly reviews.

Can someone tell me how long a takeover can take? I assume it can take ages like IRL but since the board approved building a new stadium I'm wondering if the takeover is stuck or has a bug.

• 1 month later...

This is extremely disheartening to read. Just managed to drag my team that got relegated the previous season out of the Greek National B division back into the Superleague only to be hit with a takeover and transfer embargo once I hit the close season. The board say they won't sanction any transfers until expectations for the next season have been agreed, but the season update just happened and we agreed avoiding relegation to be our aim but still no end to the embargo! I can offer contracts to free agents but with pitiful wages, already missed out on one good freebie who had quite reasonable wage demands. Worse still I was expecting to be able to make some signings post season and let the contracts of my keeper and a couple of right wingers run down so I could replace them, now I can't even offer them decent new contracts. I'll have no decent keeper, LB, depth in CM or RW unless I'm able to make some loan signings at no cost. Surely IRL you would be given enough room to maneouvre at least, recognising time is critical at this stage of the season?

Mind you that's assuming I keep my job, supposedly the new chairman wants to appoint a new manager and is considering whether or not to keep me on...

Archived