Transfer Acumen stat + reputation

So... how do you increase transfer acumen? I'm 15 or above in all other attributes over my 10 year career, but transfer acumen is the only thing that's below 10 for me. I've been very very careful with spending money, thought I did decent negotiations with selling players... What is it taking into account?

Also, in my 8 seasons managing Accrington, I've taken them from Conference to Premier League in 10 seasons, yet, my reputation is still regional and when I tried to apply for other jobs such as Newcastle (who are back in the Championship in my game) I still don't get offers.... I've won the Conference, League 2, League 1 and got promoted via playoffs in Championship and won the FA Trophy, Vans Trophy, made it to the League Cup Final, numerous upsets in FA Cup, so how is my reputation after all these still 'regional'?

What is your club loyalty?

Also Transfer Acumen I think might be broken, see screenshot, as you can see I have made a substantial amount of money in the transfer market, investing in youth and then selling in for a huge profit, yet my youth policy and transfer acumen are hurendously low.

img0202.png

My club loyalty is 15, domestic bias, financial control & youth policy are 20, but my acumen is now 8!

I haven't made that much transfers though - I've spent very little, around $600k, but sold for nearly $10M. Once I got up to League 1, I've been picking up regen players on free for the most part and selling, then using that money to have a bigger wage budget to pick up more players, on & on. Seems to have worked out really well when some of my star players were sold using the 'big club' clause, but netting me $4m to $6m when I barely spent $50k on those guys.

Does Reputation have something to do with Manager Points? I have just over 2000 points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any idea? I have yet to see anything higher than 10 for this. And I've tried every strategy...from spending big bucks to being frugal and selling off players for money. I thought it could have something to do with the quality of players you bring in compared to the price you pay for them, but I bring in only talent that can make my first team and 9/10 they do make the first team. I'm just so confused because NOTHING makes this go up, it only randomly goes down.

Many people believe that stat is still bugged or broken, im in 2035/36 season now and it still hasnt budged with over 1B profit from transfers

I know, but I have yet to hear ANYTHING from SI about it. I have mentioned it in here a few times and someone from SI would post right after me but yet completely ignore anything about transfer acumen. It is completely out of character for them to ignore numerous comments from a lot of people, which is why I'm just confused. SI have always been good about replying to concerns from their users, but this time it's like they have posts with the words 'transfer acumen bug' blocked or something...

I know, but I have yet to hear ANYTHING from SI about it. I have mentioned it in here a few times and someone from SI would post right after me but yet completely ignore anything about transfer acumen. It is completely out of character for them to ignore numerous comments from a lot of people, which is why I'm just confused. SI have always been good about replying to concerns from their users, but this time it's like they have posts with the words 'transfer acumen bug' blocked or something...

or they just dont have an answer yet, anyway, it does nothing for the game itself as its only a flavour stat, so its not exactly game breaking

or they just dont have an answer yet, anyway, it does nothing for the game itself as its only a flavour stat, so its not exactly game breaking

agreed it isn't game breaking in anyway, unless you are one who wants to have a perfect 20's for all stats. If they don't have an answer, they could at least say "we don't know, we are looking into it" like they do with other issues. Again, not game breaking, just annoying that my manager stats read 20 20 20 20 10 20!

agreed it isn't game breaking in anyway, unless you are one who wants to have a perfect 20's for all stats. If they don't have an answer, they could at least say "we don't know, we are looking into it" like they do with other issues. Again, not game breaking, just annoying that my manager stats read 20 20 20 20 10 20!

Can you post a screenshot of your manager stats?

Even when I went full youth english team i couldnt get my stats to read 5 x 20's

• SI Staff

I'm on holiday at the moment - but I'll try and look into this area once I'm back (I AM on holiday .. honest .. just happen to be spending part of it answering questions about FMHi ;) ).

Archived