renaming your regens?

i had a random thought, i'm in the year 2030 in my fm09 save and i recently thought of changing my regen names to house hold names..so instead of my left midfleilder being called andy walker rename him gareth bale, and my brazilian striker rename him to robinho etc...

made me think has anyone else done this on the forum?

In the past i have nicknamed my top goal scorer 'Serena Williams' and my winger 'Pascal Cygan' but i don't do it anymore.

Was your top scorer a beast of a target man? ;) Only way to do that nickname justice lol.

I always change my regens' names to household names.

My Brazilian striker is called Cillit Bang, my Cameroonian defensive midfielder is called Mr Muscle, and my Belgian goalkeeper is called Fairy's Washing Up Liquid.

I always change my regens' names to household names.

My Brazilian striker is called Cillit Bang, my Cameroonian defensive midfielder is called Mr Muscle, and my Belgian goalkeeper is called Fairy's Washing Up Liquid.

LOL

On my current Atletico Roma save i renamed 1 years set of regens so i could remember which ones were who by what i thought of their stats...

Such as:

Wonderkid Captain(wasn't really a wonderkid but he was for the standard of team i am) and had high influence so thats the name right there - he has in fact has now turned into my captain at the age of 19 lol and is close to making his 100th appearance already :p) i'm thinking of never taking this nickname off lol

decent CB - could possibly develop into something but didn't

DM det - DM with high determination - thought that may help his poor stats improve but didn't

RW no Acc - wasn't too bad with good pace and a couple of other stats but his acc was like 8 which was annoying... currently out on loan... made about 5 appearances

and i can't remember if there were any others!

I only rename regens that have either got a really similar name to someone in the squad (makes things easier), or have silly double names (Lee Lee became Lili and John Johnson became Jojo).

One of my regens is called "Marcos Vinícius Araújo" - I nicknamed him "Araújío" because his real name is a mouthful.

I hope his nickname passes the PMLF Brazilian Nickname Quality Control Administration.

ive done similar things in the past, changed my entire team to "carragher" and sung we all dream of a team of carraghers to myself. i also changed the pairs of players to half of the position name.

Stri and Ker up front, Central and Midfielder in the middle, Wing and Ger on the wings ect..

Heeh, I am Canadian and barely know any of the famous players anyhow... I have heard of Ronaldo, Rooney and perhaps 3 or 4 other famous players so I always rename my entire team. If the guys name is Xavier Rodriguiz or something I would probably rename him X-Box or someone like David Johnson will end up being Jo-Jo. It helps me remember them as well as when they end up on other teams I know that they once played for me.

If they are lousy players they keep their name and if they are players I need to remember and play I rename.

I don't get why you would rename someone unless they had a really long name and you wanted to give them a nickname. I've never had any problem remembering players in FM and my memory is horrible! I can't remember the names of people I worked with a year ago, but I remember a mediocre regen that I almost signed 10 (game) years ago called something plain like 'David Smith'.

I think FM has ruined my brain.

Archived