Most boring/average career

Well, I love reading threads about success and failure, but what about a thread dedicated to the mediocre?

I have a long term save with Leganes in the Spanish 3rd tier (i think it's the 3rd tier anyway) and we've finished in mid table for 7 years. We always do the same thing. I never have any money or resources and we just plod along for years. I guess it's quite realistic in many ways. However, it is boring and average.

Hurrah we won 1-0.

Wow, we drew 1-1

Oh dear we lost 0-1

Does anyone else have a more boring or average career they'd like to share?

Well, I consider it mediocrity, kind of. With Nardo, in Norway, I got promoted and relegated straight back again for a while. Mainly because my board decided to install undersoil heating (at a part-time club with a balance of £50K), which cost £800K. Even though we never postponed a game without it.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from argentina

I'm managing Blyth Spartans, the first season we won the playoffs and promote to BSP. Since that season, I'm in the BSP midtable (currently i'm in 2016), all my achievements are getting to playoff finals (and losing) and now i'm in the finals of FA Trophy, wish me luck!!

But it's very funny and realistic, I get bored of constantly promoting and being champion of premier league in 2015....

Well, I consider it mediocrity, kind of. With Nardo, in Norway, I got promoted and relegated straight back again for a while. Mainly because my board decided to install undersoil heating (at a part-time club with a balance of £50K), which cost £800K. Even though we never postponed a game without it.

Haha that happened to me in Racing Club (Argentina), the board installed undersoil heating but there's no snow in that area of argentina!!

Im currently gearing up for a an average career.

Season 1 I managed to take Herlev in the danish second division to the dizzy heights of 7th

season 2 headhunted (apparently) by York City and took them to 16th in league 2.

Yet I am very excited about season 3 lol

You guys are nuts haha, if I don't notice any sort of increase in performance in the club after 3 seasons I leave and if the board are not supporting me in any way I leave sooner than 3 seasons.

ha ha. signed a 5 year contract at york city too !!

Managed an amateur team from Liecthenstein in the Swiss 4th tier (out of five) for 6 seasons now. Every season I loose my top players to (semi-)proffessional teams who actually offer them a salary, sign a few promising youngsters who've been dropped from swiss teams in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Get knocked out of the cup early on and go on to finish mid table. My board will not let us go semi-pro and if we did, we'd be in financial difficulties sooner then you can say 'Liecthenstein'.

Well, I love reading threads about success and failure, but what about a thread dedicated to the mediocre?

I have a long term save with Leganes in the Spanish 3rd tier (i think it's the 3rd tier anyway) and we've finished in mid table for 7 years. We always do the same thing. I never have any money or resources and we just plod along for years. I guess it's quite realistic in many ways. However, it is boring and average.

Hurrah we won 1-0.

Wow, we drew 1-1

Oh dear we lost 0-1

Does anyone else have a more boring or average career they'd like to share?

That's practically me every version of FM. The team name changes, but 9/10 I spend half a decade/decade in the Segunda B (or below with the advent of the lower leagues becoming active thanks to the editor). Longest I spent was FM09 with Lanzerote. 9 seasons. Once I ended up in the playoffs before being hammered 8-1 in the first game. I ended between 7th and 11th every season before it :D

My goal difference for that season was rather small like +6 or something. When I won I won 1-0 here and there, but when I lost it was like 2-1 etc.

Archived