What it takes to become club's favoured personel?

This wasnt enough.

10 Premier League championships

6 FA Cups

6 Carling Cups

9 Community Shields

6 UEFA Champions League

1 UEFA Europa League

3 UEFA European Super Cup

5 Club World Championship

16 seasons as Manchester United manager. When I started in 2025 as United manager team was in bad shape, they finished 17th in season 2024. Things started to change when I became manager.. but no love from fans?!

Give me some respect!

Ungrateful w*****s! :mad:

This is funny...

Yesterday (playing FM10) i noticed that Hulk had became one of Liverpool's Favoured Personnel alongside Fernando Torres and Rafa Benitez. It's October and the guy's only played 7 games for me since joining in the summer. How's that?

No-one else has got onto the favoured lists but him.

This is funny...

Yesterday (playing FM10) i noticed that Hulk had became one of Liverpool's Favoured Personnel alongside Fernando Torres and Rafa Benitez. It's October and the guy's only played 7 games for me since joining in the summer. How's that?

safe to say he wont be favoured personal come 11.3.

In one save, 2 portuguese leagues, one Uefa Cup and one Champions league and i've became favoured personnal with Benfica.

On another save, 4 portuguese leagues, 3 champions league and i've became Icon for Benfica.

So, something must be wrong in your save! :(

When it comes to players, the most important factor is their favourite club. If it's the club they are playing for, then there's a much higher chance the player will become (and remain) a favourite. This is just my observation and it seems it's been like this for the past 4 or so years of Football Manager. In other words, fans mostly like the players who like the club :) In all honesty, during my 5 years of playing FM I've only seen about 3 players become icons - and they all had the club listed as a favourite.

Another example - while managing Norwich I had a quality regen join the club. He had no 'favourites' listed in his profile. After a couple of months of star performances he became a favourite with Norwich fans, and remained a favourite for severals years, without becoming an icon or a legend. Furthermore, when he aged and stopped performing he disappeared from the club favourites. Makes me think the Norwich fans are an ungrateful lot :)

In case of managers, it's not so simple. My guess is, when you declare an interest or apply for other jobs then you harm your chances of becoming a favourite considerably. Also, having the club as favourite (set when you start the game) could help you become a club icon.

Often, if a player starts his career well, the fans take him to heart straight away. Doing well in a local derby can also get you bumped up quickly. It's normally only a temporary thing though.

The only examples I can think of IRL are Lee Cattermole, who became the equivalent of favoured personnel after a cracking debut for Middlesbrough against local rivals Newcastle, and maybe Tevez, at City, because he started so well.

As for the OP - there does seem to be some discrepancy in the favoured personnel. The problem you have is that you haven't exceeded expectations (as far as the game works), you've simply achieved what was expected of you. Like how we all say our Granny could win the World Cup with Brazil - actually doing it doesn't see you hailed as the best ever, because it was the least that was expected from you.

I can't explain marcftm. Yours genuinely sounds broke :p

This feature means quite a lot to players and I don't think its implemented well.

After 1 season at Chelsea in 2020 winning them the league and CL double I expect to be a Legend. Why? Because I won them their first ever CL title.

Certain things would get you talked about 50 years in the future. It's not all about managing a club for 20 years and raising their rep by a predetermined amount.

Archived