Contract Negotiations

How is it that when I negotiate a contract with a player, it's only possible to offer the right deal or 'non-negotiable' terms, whereas AI teams can offer a player a contract which he can consider and/or ask his own club for more wages from his existing club to move?

Surely that means that the club have offered him a definite offer at one point and have left it with the player/agent to decide whether to accept or not? How does one go about doing the same thing?

Thank you men

How is it that when I negotiate a contract with a player, it's only possible to offer the right deal or 'non-negotiable' terms, whereas AI teams can offer a player a contract which he can consider and/or ask his own club for more wages from his existing club to move?

Surely that means that the club have offered him a definite offer at one point and have left it with the player/agent to decide whether to accept or not? How does one go about doing the same thing?

Thank you men

when ever you offer a contact the agent goes off to discuss it with the client, even if they say i am very happy with the offer they will still have a think before committing, what happens in that situation is the player is usually open to the idea of moving clubs but not taking a huge wage drop, the agent then decides its worth the risk forcing the selling clubs hand to get his client a bit extra, it will work the other way as well, i have seen the AI pay wages for players who i have signed.

when ever you offer a contact the agent goes off to discuss it with the client, even if they say i am very happy with the offer they will still have a think before committing, what happens in that situation is the player is usually open to the idea of moving clubs but not taking a huge wage drop, the agent then decides its worth the risk forcing the selling clubs hand to get his client a bit extra, it will work the other way as well, i have seen the AI pay wages for players who i have signed.

That makes sense, but I've never come across a player/agent who asks for less wages than what they're on currently at a contract negotiation, yet all the time I see my players transferring away and accepting a lower wage, and it happens from AI to AI too.

That makes sense, but I've never come across a player/agent who asks for less wages than what they're on currently at a contract negotiation, yet all the time I see my players transferring away and accepting a lower wage, and it happens from AI to AI too.

i think it has to be a very specific situation, for example a big player being forced out of a club, he might not be overly keen on leaving but if he can make the same money overall elsewhere and get some first team football he will. Younger guys on smaller, shorter contracts will not be as bothered or will not have as much leeway so to speak, whereas a player a club doesnt want picking up £160k a week will, the selling club would much rather take a fee for the player and maybe have to pay him say £40k a week in order to get the other £120k a week off the wage bill.

Archived