İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi - comically unpopular

Ok having played Fm series to death I fancied a new challenge, so I took over İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi in the Turkish league. I was attracted to them as they have no debt and 80,000 seater stadium.

Comically they have ZERO season ticket holders, the ticket price is £4 a game (ok this is fine) but they get around 1,000-2,000 attendance! After 6 months in charge my record was 31,000......but this was becuase there were 29,000 away fans!

I wonder if this will improve and how long it will take, I'm top of the league now (7 points clear at Jan 2nd), the team is ok ish but transfer and wages is a struggle, £100k budget and £150k p/w wage budget.

Side question - do signing on fee's come out of the transfer budget, I assume they do, but I also assume current player contract renewals do not.

So anyone managed a team in the Turkish league?

Ok I thought this would be the case, thanks for the reply.

I wonder if in the game it will improve, I'd hope so but might take AGES to get 50,000+!

I guess in the Champions League I'll get some good figures.

Open to hearing about anyones experience managing in the Turkish league.

By the way, most people on Turkey are fans of Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Besiktas(All are Istanbul teams). But most of them also fans of their city's or region's team. So IBB is in Istanbul and most people in Istanbul usually fans of three teams that i mention before. This is one of the reasons, too...

Try managing AIS in Australia. I started unemployed and got the job there, the attendance for my first match was 8. I just had the image of me personally thanking each person for turning up, and a guy walking his dog occasionally kicking the ball back to us.

(To be fair, they do play in the Australian Youth Division, which probably isn't the most attractive league in the world)

Try managing AIS in Australia. I started unemployed and got the job there, the attendance for my first match was 8. I just had the image of me personally thanking each person for turning up, and a guy walking his dog occasionally kicking the ball back to us.

(To be fair, they do play in the Australian Youth Division, which probably isn't the most attractive league in the world)

AIS is Australia Institute of Sport, which I think is like a sports school thingy.

I'm guessing those 8 would be the parents of the players. At least, those that could be bothered to turn up and cheer their sons on. :p

haha awesome post! What is the ticket price? (should say on the info section).

Do you think my attendences will rise, how much by:? Assuming I win the league most years and play some CL football. I've yet to experiecne the dynamic league thingy feature, does this work well? I.e the team gets better players attracted to it and such.

İstanbul büyükşehir BELEDİYEsi. Belediye means municipality in english so nobody supports them, maybe municipal employees support :) They play their matches in olympic stadium and too many times Belediye team is a trouble for big teams like Beşiktaş, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe. Im a Beşiktaş supporter and i guess we can not win against i.b.b until 3 years :)

You can't see the players rep,

but you will notice by time the type of players you can get.

I started in the Dutch 2e Klasse (6th Tier) and in the first transfer period I attracted 109 players. The last 15 or so were OK players, now in the winter transfer I attracted another 12 good players. My attendance before the winter was about 100 per game, the first game after the winter was about 1100.

I guess this is because that I attracted some good players which used to play in the 2nd or 3rd tier and also because I lead the table with only one game lost.

You can find a players reputation under the personal tab. Try get a guy with continental reputation.

Your own players reputations will grow from good perfomances and if you win the league or play in europe.

The team reputation is in the information tab where you can see the club legends etc

Team rep takes a long time to build up but if you qualify for europe etc you will certainly give it a major boost

Team rep also governs what players will sign for your team

Thank you for that, I thought it was along those lines. I've taken Ipswich Town to the very top before, where everyone would sign for them etc and checked the rep via an editor and it was higher than Man Utd and such.

I will just have to keep winning the league and hope for a run in the CL. Oddly the usuall big teams seem to be struggling, its now end of Jan and I'm 11 points clear, only lost 1 game but I've drawn quite a few. Shame I'm losing my goalie.

Need to find a good country to bring in some inports, so got a scout doing the rounds in South America, and of course I'm scouting Turkish Premier ansd the under 18's. Money is the problem, I'm only just breaking even with £150k p/w wages and £0 transfer budget, do you get any money for winning the league (i.e at the end), I'm guessing not as you get £292k per game won.

Also does a Turkish team in the CL (i.e a lower seed) still get £20m at the end of the season from TV money or will it be alot less?

Good stuff mate, Seems like there is a lot more money floating around in Turkish football the last few years.

It sucks you get no fans as a major part of income is season tickets. Hopefully things will pick up next season.

I am not sure how FM handles the champions league money in FM11 or how the LeagueTV/sponsorship deal is worked out in turkey, sorry

One turkish player i realy like to buy in FM10 is Tuncay, Try scouting whole U21 national teams manualy as well.

You can set the player search to scout turkish nationals not based in turkey etc, always helps to bring in guys that already know the language.

Another great reply, thank you. I should have thought to scout the u21 manually as I've done that before in other games, good advice.

I'll update the thread once I've progresed the game a little more. I guess the issue is also the £4 per ticket, it does make sense but it also means even big crowds will not earn me much money. The league cup seems to bring in a bit of money though once past the (rather odd) group stage.

The big teams like Fen & Gal must be earning alot from CL though as they have some players on huge wages, £30k-£40k p/w and I even saw one on £67k.

Apparently the team I'm managing has an underwriter type of chairman, i.e if I make a loss he will clear the debt each season, but I'm reluctant to just waste money as I always base my management on very tight financial control.

Apparently the team I'm managing has an underwriter type of chairman, i.e if I make a loss he will clear the debt each season, but I'm reluctant to just waste money as I always base my management on very tight financial control.

Probably the reason most people don't like İBB. They are in the same city with three most established clubs in Turkey (Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş). In addition to them, there are many clubs who are more or less established in Istanbul. Those debt being cleared? That's tax money used to support a football club in a city that doesn't need any more clubs.

Also does a Turkish team in the CL (i.e a lower seed) still get £20m at the end of the season from TV money or will it be alot less?

Can't say exactly, I'm afraid, but the CL TV money is shared out based on a country's share of the TV market. I'm not sure how FM simulates this, but since Turkey is a very populous country you'll probably get quite a decent slice.

20m though! I'm managing Red Star Belgrade at the moment, and I'm lucky if I get 1m from CL TV revenue!

As a Tukish Football Fan, i gotta admit that, the reason most people dont like IBB is that, they are making troubles for the "Big Three" Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas. They managed to beat them all, at least 1 time every season.

And the club is founded by the government. In the beginning, club is founded for only amateur sports like swimng or curing i dont know. They started the football branch lately. They dont represent any parts of the people of the Turkey. So, nobody cares for them.

But they play really good football. The manager of the club, Abdullah Avci is a greate and young manager. He was managing Turkey u21 team before and i think he managed to be at the 2nd place at World u21 cup.

In the real life, its even less crowd than 1000 on their games; exept the games with bigger teams ofcourse(most of them are away fans). The clubs "fans" are Boz Baykuslar, from the some internet site like 4chan of the Turkey, incisozluk. Anyway. I hope it helped you for understanding the situation.

Lastly, in the last few years, Turkish clubs make really good money from the TV Rights. They raised their main income like 4 times i guess. I recommend you to take charge of the teams like Karsiyaka, Altay or Buca etc, the teams that has realy greate fans but bad possibilities. Or Ankaragucu or Genclerbirligi, good fans and good posibilities.

How did you get the job at the AIS? I thought you couldn't manage in the NYL without an edit...

Just became available. This is on FM10 though, not sure if it changed for 11. But its the only youth job I've ever seen available, probably because they're the only ones without a "first team" as such.

lol, as a Galatasaray fan myself, they recently beat us 3-1 ¬_¬ their stadium is very windy and about their stadium, it was built for the national team. They are known in Turkey as the "Istanbul Killers", cause they always beat GS, FB and BJK. Some good Turks you can probably get on loan are Burak Kaplan and Mehmet Ekici, both play in the Bundesliga and are on the fringes of their teams. Good luck.

I'm still playing FM 10 and the reason is I'm having a lot of fun managing Galatasaray. I know they are arguably the biggest team in the Turkish league, however having very little experience managing Turkish teams (Fenerbahce in FM 07 iirc), I decided to go with Galatasaray when the job was available.

When I took over, they were doing horrible. They were in 10th place in the second half of the season, and needed a new manager, badly.

I've been managing them now for 5, soon to be 6 seasons. I've rebuilt the team, consistently filling out our stadium (52647k all-seater), and are winning the league with ease, it's been quite easy managing them. I've only managed to win the CL trophy once, however.

I've become attached to my current team, however not so much in real life.

I think it's a great league to manage in and lots of fun to be had with it.

I'm still playing FM 10 and the reason is I'm having a lot of fun managing Galatasaray. I know they are arguably the biggest team in the Turkish league, however having very little experience managing Turkish teams (Fenerbahce in FM 07 iirc), I decided to go with Galatasaray when the job was available.

When I took over, they were doing horrible. They were in 10th place in the second half of the season, and needed a new manager, badly.

I've been managing them now for 5, soon to be 6 seasons. I've rebuilt the team, consistently filling out our stadium (52647k all-seater), and are winning the league with ease, it's been quite easy managing them. I've only managed to win the CL trophy once, however.

I've become attached to my current team, however not so much in real life.

I think it's a great league to manage in and lots of fun to be had with it.

I think you'll find that we're in 10th place IRL lol, nice to see you having fun with GS, I managed them on FM10 and found myself always finishing 2nd or 3rd with Fenerbahce always winning it with a deadly strike force of Kerzhakov and Sow.

I had managed to bring in Cristiano Ronaldo when he was 36 and he was still decent for us at that age. He and Arda Turan were great together even though it was only for less then 2 full seasons.

Definitely would recommend managing in the Turkish league, at least giving it a go.

Ok I won the league and cup, the league win netted me £5.7m at the end of the season, very handy. HOWEVER the board thought it wise to put undersoil heating in the stadium for £2m, erm ok.........never ever had a matched cancelled for weather reasons and I cannot imagine this happening much in Turkey.

On a postive note - they agreed (after a little debate) to upgrade the training facilities.

Losing my keeper on a free shortly = :(

Signing a fairly good new MC on a free shortly = :)

As the previous replies, the situation in FM is exactly similar to the situation in real. Istanbul Buyuksehir Belediyesi is a municipal team which is in Super League since 2007. As it is a municipal team they have almost zero fans at first but, nowadays their number of fans are increasing. But still has not reached 1000 attendance most of the matches. But the official fan group "Bozbaykuslar" -founded in 2010- are by far the most creative fans in Turkey.

They are in very good shape even if that low attendance.

I am glad to see people choosing Turkish Teams in the game, but however it is exciting to play in Turkish in FM, the league is not reflected well to the game. I hope the Turkish researchers will work harder for this issue.

Ok made 11 signings, so the squad is changed a fair bit, is generally just alot stronger now - I can put out 2 pretty good teams. I always play this way, with an A and a B team as such, means the team I put out are always 99/100% fit and helps me cope with the number of games, Turkey is plenty as the cup has alot + I'm in the CL now too (well for 6 games only as I got Real Madrid, Zenit and another big team (Might be Roma) so will be hard).

Wage bill is upto £180k from £150k but happy with that as the squad is strong, however struggling a little now, maybe need to do some work on the tactics front.

The main positive is training, I'm now allowed to hire upto 17 memebers of staff, so I got rid of ALL my staff and now have pretty good covering via people I've brought in.

I sold 783 seasons tickets, up from 0 the year before, and I get 3000 now rather than 2000 last year, still 77,000 seats to fill :)

The league dropped 4 places in the league ranking, and the prize money for winning a game has gone from £292k to £263k - I assume a result of the drop.

From now on I need to keep winning the league and try and bring in some quality Turkish youngsters.

Well i have few Turkish players in avarage quaity in my mind. İ dont play the game for a while so i will write as much as i can remember.

I can recommend you;

Özgür Çek(Ozgur Cek), Ankaragücü WB-ML-AML player. He is under 23 in the beginning the game. And he has a lot og potential.

Gökay İravul(Gokay Iravul) Fenerbahçe MC-AMc, he is under the age of 20, and he has a greate potential. I use him regularly in Starting 11 even he is 20 Years old and dont even close to his full potential.

Olcan Adın Gaziantepspor ML-AMC, he is also a youngster, and he is also a greate player.

Okan Alkan Fenerbahçe RB. Young and has a good potential.

Necip Uysal Beşiktaş MC, strongly recommend. He develops really early and really greate player.

Mehmet Ekici, one of the best Turkish MC in the game. He is a youngster too.

Furkan Özçal Kayserispor Midfielder. Has good potential and develops slowly.

İlkay Gündoğan really greate MC.

Sinan Bolat, One of the best Turkish GK's.

Anyway, those are i can remember right now. Im gonna begin paying after the patch. I'll update the list then.

Will be interesting to see how big the crowd is when Real Madrid shows up.

Put the shackles on that Ronaldo guy and things might go ok.

I would get a defense minded winger to man mark him and a quick fullback to pick him up if he gets past.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip with the players, will scout them.

I forgot to say I managed to sign Diarra on a free in the summer, ok he is on £17k and £8 appaerance but that is one decent player for a Turkish team. Also got Beckford on a free, and some Turkish defender who is pretty good for just £300k. Lacen was another free MC I got in the summer.

Bought a Brazilian MC/DMC/DC caklled Casimo or something, he was £5m so nearly all my budget but has alot of potential.

A player called 'Robert Rak' is a great free signing I had for my first season, cheap and got a good few goals.

Annoyingly the view of the team at half time has turned into a list by position rather than listing the team and then the subs, cannot figure out how to change this back.

Oh and I lost 3-0 away to Madrid but won 2-0 at home to Zenit (dominated too). Roma next :(

How do I raise the rep of the league, I guess it would be a good idea to buy turkish players from other teams, i.e put money back into the league rather than abroad. Want to get that young stiker from Beskitas, forgot the name.

• SI Staff

I am glad to see people choosing Turkish Teams in the game, but however it is exciting to play in Turkish in FM, the league is not reflected well to the game. I hope the Turkish researchers will work harder for this issue.

You last posted in the Turkish Data issues forum in October, so if you are so upset with the data, then why are you so quiet in that thread about it?

The Turkish research team, which was appointed just a couple of years ago, has a thriving community which allows anyone to contribute. They have improved the quality and quantity of the research for their nation's football by their tremendous efforts over the last few years, so to say they must "work harder" is pure trolling.

If there are bugs about how the league operates in FM, then post in the Turkish League Specific Issues Bug thread. If you are unhappy with the data, post your concerns in the Turkish Data Issues thread.

Ok lost to Roma 2-0 away, beat them at home 2-0 and 5400 turned up.

Lost 1-0 to Real Madrid at home but 24,000 turned up!

My home games are still 1500-3000 though.

If I beat Zenit away and Roma lose to Real Madrid then I'll be through to the knock-out stages.

I'm top of the league by 11 points at the end of Novemember, balance is £4.4m and I generally either lose or make £500k a month depending on prize money etc.

Ok sure, here is my first team

GK Gokhan Degirmenci - £120k

RB Rizvan Sahin

DCR Mahmut Tekdemir

DCL Esran Adem Gulum £400k

DL Ekrem Eksioglu

DMC Mahamadou Diarra - Free

MCR Mehdi Lacen - free

MCL Casemiro - £5m

STR Necati Ates - £750k

STC Ahmed Soukouna - free

STL Jermaine Beckford - free

Others were already at the club, got other players of simailr ability in my 2nd team too.

Ok sure, here is my first team

GK Gokhan Degirmenci - £120k

RB Rizvan Sahin

DCR Mahmut Tekdemir

DCL Esran Adem Gulum £400k

DL Ekrem Eksioglu

DMC Mahamadou Diarra - Free

MCR Mehdi Lacen - free

MCL Casemiro - £5m

STR Necati Ates - £750k

STC Ahmed Soukouna - free

STL Jermaine Beckford - free

Others were already at the club, got other players of simailr ability in my 2nd team too.

Soukouna is a killer.. You'll be pleased with this free transfer. sold him to spurs in my third season for 10 million euro..! that's a profit ;)

In real life how are they affording to play at an 80,000 seater stadium? Great thread tho!

Agree - it's always interesting to learn via FM about teams you've never heard of before.

This club got me thinking about the comparison with Queens Park in Glasgow. They play in the national stadium, to regular league crowds of about 200. If they ever get drawn at home in a cup to Rangers or Celtic, they'd sell out, with 98% of the crowd being away fans.

Did you inhale that last beer, Gripper?

I couldn't read any bad will against researchers or anyone. "He just hope the Turkish researchers will work harder."

"so if you are so upset with the data, then why are you so quiet in that thread about it?

Maybe he was waiting for another patch, like all of us?

I thought Mods were here to help ppl, not to harass ppl with a different language.

Get a Grip of yourself, Gripper!

Nonsense responses are for us. ;)

As someone said earlier in the thread, the stadium is not theirs, they just play there.

I got SO lucky, I drew OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS in the CL knock-out round, fairly lucky 1-1 at home and then I beat them 3-1 away, but was SO lucky, they had 16 attempts and I had 3 shots, 3 on target and 3 goals, last 2 coming in the last 7mins!

Got Chelsea next, can't see us getting past them.

Archived