With iPad 2 coming soon, will next FMH be more like the PC version than PSP?

Somehow I dislike the current format of FMH. I cant pinpoint exactly, but the PC version is way better, and I assume that it is because of having more horsepower is the major point. The thing is I feel that the old CM97 is still more exciting than current FMH offering, and those were running on Pentium 1 PCs. I think SI need to retweak and maybe sacrifice database size (or number of active leagues), in exchange for more engaging features and stats. And the increase processing power from iPad 2 should help.

I know that they need to design across the board for iphone and psp, but i still feel that ipad should get the upgraded version (it still have over 15 million user base), and make a slightly dumbed down version for the other hardwares.

It's unlikely that SI would produce a separate version of FMH for the iPad 2 for a while yet. At the moment the iPad has sold 15million units. How many of them are likely to go out and buy an iPad 2? And of the 15 million iPad users currently and the however million iPhone 4 users out there, how many have purchased FMH 10 or FMH 11?

I am not a programmer but I am sure it is not simply a case of making a better version and then dumbing it down for the 'weaker' systems.

I'm just hoping there's no Andriod version, no tablet version, just work on the versions they've already got. For one, extend the max years at a club, which would be amazing in the next update.

I don't think the time and effort could be put into an iPad specific game thoug.

• SI Staff
Somehow I dislike the current format of FMH. I cant pinpoint exactly, but the PC version is way better, and I assume that it is because of having more horsepower is the major point. The thing is I feel that the old CM97 is still more exciting than current FMH offering, and those were running on Pentium 1 PCs. I think SI need to retweak and maybe sacrifice database size (or number of active leagues), in exchange for more engaging features and stats. And the increase processing power from iPad 2 should help.

I know that they need to design across the board for iphone and psp, but i still feel that ipad should get the upgraded version (it still have over 15 million user base), and make a slightly dumbed down version for the other hardwares.

FMH will continue evolving - but it isn't ever planned to mimic FM PC, simply put the PC game is far more in depth and not as suited to a dip in and out handheld experience, whether thats on an iPhone or an iPad imho.

PS - I love CM97-98 because it was the first game I was involved in creating at SI, however if you head back to it you'll find FMH and FMHi are far more in depth than that game was.

FMH will continue evolving - but it isn't ever planned to mimic FM PC, simply put the PC game is far more in depth and not as suited to a dip in and out handheld experience, whether thats on an iPhone or an iPad imho.

PS - I love CM97-98 because it was the first game I was involved in creating at SI, however if you head back to it you'll find FMH and FMHi are far more in depth than that game was.

I always remember my career with Mansfield town on CM2 (96-97?) and signing a regen called Zeddy Saileti, he was from Zambia i think, and was an absolute goal machine! Happy days :)

Archived