PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit Queston

dfa120374
03-03-2011, 03:33
Just something that I have been wondering for a few days now and I hope someone could answer this for me.

I have an 18 year old goalkeeper in my Celtic Under 19s squad (was already there when I started the game) but he's on a Youth Contract. I went to sign him up for a Full Time Contract but the work permit was rejected. I tried again a few weeks later and again it was rejected. Tried to send him to a feeder club in Belgium so he could gain EU citizenship to help with the work permit but they don't take players on Youth Contracts on loan.

My question is this - how can he already BE a part of the squad and as soon as I try to put him on a Full Time contract the work permit gets rejected? I mean, wouldn't he have needed a work permit in the first place to become a part of the squad? Just a thing I have been wondering about because it seems a bit contradictory that he's already part of the squad but I can't give him a new contract because his work permit is rejected.

So, I can't send the player on loan to get an EU citizenship and I can't renew his contract because the work permit gets rejected. Any ideas at all?

Thanks.

dfa120374
09-03-2011, 18:39
No help anyone?