Help required

When i first loaded FM08 onto my laptop it worked ok then we got the internet now when i play a couple of games and on my first draw the game wont let me continue. I have down loaded the latest patch and that hasnt fixec the problem and anybody suggest anything to fix this problem as its really annoying me now.

Originally posted by postal postie:

what does 'wog' mean nomis07?

In the context of that phrase I have absolutely no idea. It's a quote from a comedy programme called Brasseye, where they made up a drug called cake and went to celebrities and politicians and fooled them into thinking it was real and starting a campaign against it.

Seeing Rolf Harris complain about the new drug "Joss Ackland's S*unky Backpack", was a particular highlight. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

In the context of that phrase I have absolutely no idea. It's a quote from a comedy programme called Brasseye, where they made up a drug called cake and went to celebrities and politicians and fooled them into thinking it was real and starting a campaign against it.

me

Seeing Rolf Harris complain about the new drug "Joss Ackland's S*unky Backpack", was a particular highlight. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An excellent episode. Shame he seems to have lost it a bit recently. He did write a good political article slagging off Martin Amis last year sometime though.

Ah, but has he lost it? If you are referring to his appearances on the less than average "IT Crowd", I see that more as an in road back into television, given that he is banned from the BBC and probably wouldn't touch ITV. He was also banned by Channel 4 for inserting subliminal images into a programme, the images stated that the director of Channel 4 was another word for a chicken. icon_biggrin.gif Absolute genius.

That article on Amis was excellent, if you haven't already done so I would also check out his Richard Geefe "Second Class Male" articles, brilliant. They were a spoof series of articles documenting the final days of a journalist before he committed suicide and everyone fell for it.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

me

Seeing Rolf Harris complain about the new drug "Joss Ackland's S*unky Backpack", was a particular highlight. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

An excellent episode. Shame he seems to have lost it a bit recently. He did write a good political article slagging off Martin Amis last year sometime though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Continuing the off-topic-ness : I don't think he's lost it. "Nathan Barley" was spot-on.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Continuing the off-topic-ness : I don't think he's lost it. "Nathan Barley" was spot-on.

Possible new series towards the end of this year icon14.gif Is it just me or did you watch it and find yourself getting angry as you likened people to the hateful characters?

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

The problem with Nathan Barley is that it was three years too late - when the people that it mocked had already been mocked so much they'd become impervious to it. But I guess I live too close to 'Hosegate' to really comment myself, as it seems almost too obvious.

I rather liked the 'second class male' articles, but they were a spin-off from a Blue Jam sketch that was even better (imo)...

The doctor sketches in Jam drove me mad, but the sketch about the guy who committed suicide by jumping off the fist floor 30 times rather than jumping off the 30th floor, just in case he changed his mind was hilarious.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

The doctor sketches in Jam drove me mad, but the sketch about the guy who committed suicide by jumping off the fist floor 30 times rather than jumping off the 30th floor, just in case he changed his mind was hilarious.

I never watched Jam, not being a TV owner, but I'm told they got people to lip-synch the radio sketches, which sounds suitably weird. I used to quite like the Dr Perlin ones.

The first floor x 30 thing also made its way into the 'second class male' column, didn't it??

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

The first floor x 30 thing also made its way into the 'second class male' column, didn't it??

Not too sure, been ages since I read them, but there's something else for me to do whilst "working" next week.

The thing about Jam was the opening credits, every week Morris would do something weirder and at times it was really quite creepy e.g. appearng from behind a pig and shouting Jam a number of times with various things done to his voice.

Originally posted by postal postie:

wwhat do you mean it wont let you continue? does it error? what's the message?

are you sure there's no message in game that you have to answer before being allowed to move on?could it be something like choosing your european squad?

It doesnt bring anything up at the end of the game. It should say continue but all it says is pause and when i press the pause button it says play, but it has marked who the man of the match is. Its doing my head in right now.

Archived