Tapping up

How exactly does one go about tapping up a player that doesnt want to come to your club (even when offer is accepted but player doesnt want to negotiate) ?? Is there a way of doing it ??

Example: Was playing with Man Utd (FM11) and was trying to get Mario Goetze, my offer was accepted but he was not interested in negotiating. I remember in previous version of FM sometimes offer being accepted by a club would unsettle player cause of clubs action.

Yeap, he was not interested. How often should one praise ? Would praising make player become interested or do other things such as his morale at current club come into equation ? Just trying to figure out if these is some formula to it :)

Praise the player often and he will have you down as his favourite personnel. So that will help you when you want to sign him.

This helps, but sometimes you have to accept that the player may not want to come to you, I had a united save previously and there was a cracking young regen fullback playing for 1860 munchen. He had their manager as favoured personnel, the team as his favorite (presumably as he came through their system) but I just could not get him to even discuss terms let alone agree. Kept praising him and he added me to list of faves but still had "no intention" of joining me, munchen only wanted 6.5 million too!

Hidden loyalty and maybe ambition stats play a part in this too. If I'd carried on the save I reckon I'd have got him eventually, but it seems very difficult to prize young players or those that have just moved clubs, not to mention certain 'lifers' such as messi (believe if barca do badly for a while or his contract runs down you can get him but he would never talk to me).

Also, I tend to praise a player every 4-6 game weeks, too often and they tell you they've heard it all before. Not sure if regularly praising a player doesn't lift his rep a little either and bring him to the attention of others - this is just theory, suppose your manager rep may affect this too! If I said in the papers John smith will be brilliant no-one would listen (except maybe John himself?), if webber said it man city would buy him! ;)

How exactly does one go about tapping up a player that doesnt want to come to your club (even when offer is accepted but player doesnt want to negotiate) ?? Is there a way of doing it ??

Example: Was playing with Man Utd (FM11) and was trying to get Mario Goetze, my offer was accepted but he was not interested in negotiating. I remember in previous version of FM sometimes offer being accepted by a club would unsettle player cause of clubs action.

Praise the player every Month. Make sure it has been a month since yo last gave him praise otherwise, he will become bored of your comments. Also, Declare your Interest in the Player if you'r seriously considering buying him. :thup:

I got the best player in the world on my save by saying i would do my utmost to get him and admiring his talents a few times. He was on a long contract and Lyon had rejected a 60mil bid previously, but he became unsettled and wanted to leave, and thus got him for a reasonable 35mil :D

I've been using this lately by creating a note on the player that i want to remind to praise him every month, it's quite useful to use notes that way, you can get on the players favoured personnel list even before you actuallly sign them.

A lot depends on your reputation and that of your club too.

If I am praising Ronaldo and I am a Blue Square South club he is not going to take any interest whatsoever. However, if my team is a genuine contender to win the Premiership and I am competing in the Champions League there is a much greater chance of him taking notice.

I was able to get Paulo Henrique and Neymar to list me as their "favored personnel" before I signed them. If a good player has 1 year or less left on his contract - and particularly if not at a big club and/or isn't particularly happy at his club - this is a good point to start to talk to press about him - saying positive things. It can build up a good relationship with him and possibly give you an advantage when trying to sign him on a free and the player is more likely to sign for you.

Archived