Oh god not work permits again.....

What is the player supposed to do about work permits? I have had shevchenko turned down and he was playing for chelsea a couple of years ago. Its also refusing me a defender from the USA . This is rediculous and unacceptable. I have been combing the transfer market for some considerable time trying to make my championship level team ready to play in the prem and there is always some reason why i cant sign the players i want. Its getting stupid.

What is the player supposed to do about work permits? I have had shevchenko turned down and he was playing for chelsea a couple of years ago. Its also refusing me a defender from the USA . This is rediculous and unacceptable. I have been combing the transfer market for some considerable time trying to make my championship level team ready to play in the prem and there is always some reason why i cant sign the players i want. Its getting stupid.

well if they dont qualify for a work permit it isnt stuppid..

Try searching players of EU nationality, then you wont have to get a work permit

I think they have to play in 75% of their countries last 16 games and the country has to be in the top 75 in the world to qualify for a work permit the first time around, though appeals can be made for "exceptional talent" (which is as vague as it sounds). If Shevchenko hasn't played that, then he will be turned down. Its the reason why English clubs very rarely sign young Brazilian talent while the rest of Europe can snap them up without any problems.

Iirc, Tim Howard was initially turned down for his move to Man Utd and it only succeeded on appeal. Bobby Convey had agreed to join Tottenham too, but was turned down initially and on appeal, only for him to join Reading a few months later.

Hes half way to having british nationality...he only needs 500 odd more days.

and that automatically would make him eligable would it?

I had a player on loan, and despite over 250 days in the UK, when i tried to renew it he failed, mainly die to lack of caps

well considering hes already done 1242 days, hes obviously not trying to get in under false pretenses and has been a big name player at a premier club.. hes done his days for italian nationality it just says "needs to reside in italy" If that means hes basicly got italian nationality if he buys a house there... then its doubly retrded. In fact the club would buy him a damn residence there so he could play in the team. 102 caps in his international career? bets that the apeal is turned down ?

well considering hes already done 1242 days, hes obviously not trying to get in under false pretenses and has been a big name player at a premier club.. hes done his days for italian nationality it just says "needs to reside in italy" If that means hes basicly got italian nationality if he buys a house there... then its doubly retrded. In fact the club would buy him a damn residence there so he could play in the team. 102 caps in his international career? bets that the apeal is turned down ?

resides means lives, not owns a house, i think

without causing offence, this is pretty stupid, the work permit rule is easy to understand and if you've got a player that needs to reside wherever just get a feeder club from another country and send him to where he needs to reside, as soon as he gets nationality in a couple days end the loan and bring him back

I believe the Ukraine doesn't allow dual-nationality, so even if Shevchenko returns to Italy I doubt he would get Italian citizenship.

Tough luck for you really. Maybe you can hope that Ukraine joins the EU soon. :)

Don't worry lol soon it looks like the government is going to scrap work permits for people who will earn more then 100k a year as this will help encourage attract higher skilled employees like doctors etc... which would make it apply to footballers aswell as long as there on enough moolah :-)

im in Finland and i have 2 feeders in spain and my players always go?

They have football in Finland?

lol jk I meant for teams and leagues that have reputation high enough to lure Shevchenko

EDIT: on 2nd thought, a Finn team with 2 feeder clubs in Spain is as unrealistic as Shevchenko not getting a work permit

Applying for nationality is not as simple as completing the number of days. So Shevchenko couldnt just pop to Italy and a week later become a citizen.

If any country thought that a person was trying to obtain their nationality to help them in another country the application would be rejected.

Quite simply, Shevchenko does not qualify.

This is one area that is implemented perfectly to real life with the criteria, and the option to appeal (such as Sandro going to Spurs).

Archived