Australian Work Permits

What are the criteria? After a season in the A-League, I haven't worked it out, my guess would be something to do with age of player? I was turned down for an over the hill former international, but accepted for untested young players. Both examples were for Dutchmen, if relevant.

I played many seasons in HAL and never had a player rejected work permit.

I had an aging Berbatov come in as well as unkwonn 18 year old africans, asians, spaniards and italians.

In all the seasons I played, 8 or 9, I had zero rejections.

I really can't think of any real life examples although they may be some.

I once had Lukaku on a trial but I couldn't afford his wages. Zoltan gera constantly gets bandied around aus when his contract runs out.

It is if the player is good enough to raise the standard of the league. I think that in the A-league that is anyone with a PA/CA over 100.

I have had 2 regections. One was a brazillian kid who went on to be worth millions and the other was some DM/MC from Ivory Coast who went on to play in the ukraine. Was annoyed.

It is also if they have played acertain number of eligable internationals. Like if you sign some kid from bhutan. Even if they suck total ass, if they have played in all the internationals from when they got spawned then they will get a permit.

What was Berbatov on wage wise?

I once had Lukaku on a trial but I couldn't afford his wages. Zoltan gera constantly gets bandied around aus when his contract runs out.

It is if the player is good enough to raise the standard of the league. I think that in the A-league that is anyone with a PA/CA over 100.

I have had 2 regections. One was a brazillian kid who went on to be worth millions and the other was some DM/MC from Ivory Coast who went on to play in the ukraine. Was annoyed.

It is also if they have played acertain number of eligable internationals. Like if you sign some kid from bhutan. Even if they suck total ass, if they have played in all the internationals from when they got spawned then they will get a permit.

What was Berbatov on wage wise?

That was the funny thing, he wasn't even Marque, he was on 4.5kpw, more like 3k per week which was average. My marque was about 6k per week.

But then I'd get all these players coming asking for 10k +, not a chance CCM could afford that.

Anyway, I was expecting Berbatov ,at 34, to tear the league a new one. Pace was still good. Was expecting almost goal a game. Although he scored at 1 at every 2 games, wasn't too happy since I did have the best team. Knicked him off after 2 seasons, reintstated a 30yo Matt Simon as the target man and got the same output.

It always amazes me that these players come in askin for 10-15k but you only have 3-5 to offer while Culina starts with 25k a week aint it? Folwer is also on stupid money. We are trying to sign a marque. Let us offer them Marque wages. Oh and it is soo disappointing when you have 10k a week to play with in the cap and and robbie kruse wants another 600 a week that you can't offer.

The whole issue is in keeping the league viable. There have been a lot of clubs on the brink and teh Fury just folded.

So although the cap is hard to play with and to build an era at a club, i think for now in Australia it is the right thing.

Take the cap out and I think, AU, MV and probably Sydney would be dominant while otehrs would struggle to put bread on the table.

Gold Coast would tear the league a new one without the Salary Cap.

We're still a growing league. I'm not a fan of it much either, but we do need one, at LEAST until the new T.V. deal, which is apparently up in 2015 or so. That will be the big test of how good the A-league actually is, depending on how much they can get.

The whole issue is in keeping the league viable. There have been a lot of clubs on the brink and teh Fury just folded.

So although the cap is hard to play with and to build an era at a club, i think for now in Australia it is the right thing.

Take the cap out and I think, AU, MV and probably Sydney would be dominant while otehrs would struggle to put bread on the table.

The crowds don't support the league properly because we are a substandard league compared to elsewhere (europe, south america...).

Without the cap, we get the players to compeat.

We get the players, the crowds grow.

The crowds grow, clubs get more money.

I am willing to accept a 2 or 3 club competition, for a period of time anyway, if it means that the league gets a better international footing.

Sydney and Victory would dominate with Brisbane and Adelaide fighting for 3rd.

Archived