Has a refereeing decision cost you a season?

In the wake of Martin Atkinson's abysmal performance in the Chelsea-United game last night I was wondering if the referee has ever cost you a season or even a save. It has for me but not on FM 11.

When I was playing FM 10 I had a save going with England. We qualified for the World Cup with ease and brushed past all opposition on our way to the final where we were matched up against France. I honestly believed that we would win the game as we had beaten Brazil and Italy on our journey.

We went 2-1 up and seemed to be heading to victory when, out of absolutely nowhere, the ref showed Frank Lampard a straight red card! I, to this day, have no idea what he was sent off for and my eyes were glued to the monitor (not literally!). Needless to say, the heads seemed to dip and France equalised in the last ten minutes through Karim Benzema. Extra time saw England play heroically with blocks and tackles being made nearly every minute.

We held on against the French surge and it went to penalties. We lost :(

I was then sacked after a 3-2 home defeat against Spain in a post-WC friendly. :(

Decisions tend to go against the human more often to make the game more difficult. Also, the computer AI, no matter the teams/players, will have a higher save/scoring ratio than your players to make it difficult. But the game evens things out the longer you play it (and depending on what you achieve early on will determine how quickly things balance later on)

Decisions tend to go against the human more often to make the game more difficult. Also, the computer AI, no matter the teams/players, will have a higher save/scoring ratio than your players to make it difficult. But the game evens things out the longer you play it (and depending on what you achieve early on will determine how quickly things balance later on)

What a load of rubbish

How Luiz stayed on the park is beyond me.

Never cost me a season (yet), but I do remember a recent disastrous matches with against Kobenhavn, 2 sendings off (2nd being very weak), a disallowed goal and an offside goal. Ofcourse the ingame Media claim nothing to have happened! That's football for ya...

Archived