Is it possible to tell what percentage of FM11 owners use this forum?

And also, is it possible to tell what percentage of FM11 owners patch their game?

I ask because I come on here all the time, more so at the minute because I'm patiently waiting for 11.3, but I noticed that the sticky thread has just shy of 40'000 views on it.

Is that seperate views or as I've viewed it at least 5 times, does it count like that too?

Just wondering what number of people SI are currently busting their balls for and how many owners just don't bother with the patch or don't even know?

It isn't unique views.

SI could probably find out how many users have "logged in" in the past 12 months or some such, and compare that to total sales. They probably have some way of registering patch downloads too.

So how many FM11 copies have been sold to forum users and to owners who patch?

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make, if any, I'm just interested to see what the percentages are.

If it's anything like I suspect, SI probably spend a LOT of time 'refining' or creating patches for a very small percentage of people who actually buy it - which really shows the care and passion put into the game by those that make it.

Obviously, I'm glad SI patch their games.

In effect, we actually get 4 games a year off them.

1st one is a brand new game, then 3 more newer and more refined versions of that game.

So, looking at things from that perspective, £29.99 or even £34.99 for 4 games is decent value.

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make, if any, I'm just interested to see what the percentages are.

If it's anything like I suspect, SI probably spend a LOT of time 'refining' or creating patches for a very small percentage of people who actually buy it - which really shows the care and passion put into the game by those that make it.

you're forgetting that Steam users will, generally, have the game set to auto-update and so don't need to download the patch manually. Also on the loading screen there is the "check for game update" option that neither you nor I know who would use it to patch their game. Neither of these require people to physically download the patch as they're automated.

Obviously, I'm glad SI patch their games.

In effect, we actually get 4 games a year off them.

1st one is a brand new game, then 3 more newer and more refined versions of that game.

So, looking at things from that perspective, £29.99 or even £34.99 for 4 games is decent value.

Or the perspective could be that for £29.99 or for £34.99 they should maybe not have to take 4 attempts before they consider it finished. Last few years I've only started to buy the game when the 3rd patch is released, except this year coz some fool bought it for me at Christmas. Its a cracking series but I wish they hadn't gone down the road of fixing the game in stages. In my Man Utd save Gibson scored 13 goals from midfield with a great average rating, next season tried to offload and even though was valued at £6m for £500k no one touched him. Transfer system is fundemental and should it really take 3-4months to be fixed, assuming the final patch fixes it. Thy could do with the demo out sooner to try and catch as many problems as they can pre release and then try and fix problems ASAP rather than waiting for what seems like the transfer window to close, but I don't really see why any patch has to coincide with a transfer update.

I imagine most people patch the game, except the people who don't buy through steam or anywhere that automatically patches. Except maybe the people who buy it but aren't regular players.

Archived