Quick Question about Dynamic Rep and prize moneez (rep goes up, $$ down...huh?)

So I'm in the 5th season of this French save playing as Sedan (mid-table 2nd division IRL), got promoted, been to EURO cup quarter's three years running now (bringing in big rep boost for Sedan and smallish rep boost for the league) and last season OL won the Champions so French First division moves up from 5th --> 4th ranked Euro comp and French Cup moves from 14th--->13th.

Great, except that now the prize money in the French Cup has gone dropped (by about 7-10% depending on the round). I'm wondering if the league prize also took a hit but AFAIK I have no way to check until (and if) I finish the league in the exact same position Also, the 'rules' page still lists the same prize money as it did in season 1 (which I assume is a bug since prize money is also supposed to be dynamic)

(that was my story, these are the actual questions)

- Is there a legit scenario where rep can go up but prize money go down (like a finite 'worldwide' prize pool and another comp's relative rep increased even more)?

- Is there any way to check the league position prize money either before the end of the season (like a nice little table 1st = xxx, 2nd = yyy etc...) or for other teams/positions?

Some of the leagues have fixed prize money despite having dynamic rep, due to legal reasons.

oh, that I didn't know.

(not to be an ass) but that really doesn't answer my question, unless you are saying the French league is one of them. Just wanna know what's up with the Cup rep/$$ and if I can check the prize structure for the French League 1 (top flight). If anyone knows I'll be your BFF

Some of the leagues have fixed prize money despite having dynamic rep, due to legal reasons.

no they dont, all leagues have dynamic rep and prize money tied in, there was an issue with legal reasons but they got that sorted before they released the game.

oh, that I didn't know.

(not to be an ass) but that really doesn't answer my question, unless you are saying the French league is one of them. Just wanna know what's up with the Cup rep/$$ and if I can check the prize structure for the French League 1 (top flight). If anyone knows I'll be your BFF

I realized as soon as I made my previous post that my response didn't fully cover the things you were looking for answers to, but that's the only official word I've seen on the forums regarding this issue I'm afraid. Haven't heard anything on which leagues specifically have fixed prize money and would love to get a conclusive answer for that one since I've already destroyed Celtic's finances in a previous save when I built a squad that got to consecutive CL semi finals and got the SPL into the top 10 leagues in Europe and I've just started a new save with them.

The number of teams in smaller leagues should be able to increase/decrease along with dynamic reputation.

It's unbelieveable if a league in a nation with 10 teams can become the top 3 leagues in the world.

More teams, more games leads to better league.

The number of teams in smaller leagues should be able to increase/decrease along with dynamic reputation.

It's unbelieveable if a league in a nation with 10 teams can become the top 3 leagues in the world.

More teams, more games leads to better league.

IRL this applies but atm in game better players + success in European competition = better league.

Edit :- for teams in Europe that is, obviously, but same applies for the S. American, Asian etc leagues equivalent competition.

The leagues rep may have gone up meaning more league money but the French cup has it's own rep which may have gone down thus the less prize money

yeah thats right, each comp has its own rep so the french cup may have gone down a notch which would affect prize money.

• 3 weeks later...

I've created my own league and cups etc and have noticed while the cup gets dynamic prize money, the league does not seem to.

With the cup it also seems to only give the winner any money, the runner up and losers in the rounds don't get anything.

I've got up to around 2040 and the winner gets around £65m, the runner up gets nothing.

Anyone else see the same?

Archived