I want as little regen players as possible, and as many "grey players" as possible -

• SI Staff

Technically you could edit the club data for each active club and remove their youth recruitment/facilities by setting them to -1. However the game would still create newgens on free transfer for each nation, because it will always try and keep the total number of players for each nation around the same figure as it was when you started the game. So over a long period, you will never run out of players even if you disable all the youth setups in the game (albeit the quality of the newgens might suffer then).

Technically you could edit the club data for each active club and remove their youth recruitment/facilities by setting them to -1. However the game would still create newgens on free transfer for each nation, because it will always try and keep the total number of players for each nation around the same figure as it was when you started the game. So over a long period, you will never run out of players even if you disable all the youth setups in the game (albeit the quality of the newgens might suffer then).

With other words, there is practically nothing i can do about it?

• SI Staff
With other words, there is practically nothing i can do about it?

Pretty much yeah. The game would basically be broken if you had no new regens coming through, because eventually teams would run out of players as the older ones retire. Hence the game will keep producing newgens each year to maintain roughly the same number of players for each nation.

Wouldn't a game with no regens be funny... How long would players that continue to get regular first team football continue playing for? Would you have teams full of 40+ year olds? That's literally the only reason I could think of for wanting to play that sort of game.

Archived