David Moyes Barcelona Manager

gameholidayhalloffamewo.th.png

David Moyes went on to manage Barcelona on my game and as you can see did pretty damn well. Got me wondering if anyone else has seen any British managers move abroad on FM as it's a reasonably rare thing in real life at least in todays footbal anyway with top managers.

Not a manager, but Les Ferdinand is a first team coach at Barca on my game. They signed Titus Bramble on my FM10 game as well.

Class, I sold Kenwyne Jones to Real Madrid on FM10 and people moan about the FM11 transfer system.

Is that Scott Dann the Birmingham defender?

If he was born in 1987 then yes. He has won the World Cup with England, FA Cup with Notts Forest and with Spurs he won FA Cup, 3 EPL Titles, one Europa league and 3 Champions League trophies.

On previous games I have seen Moyes manage Athletico Madrid (He done really well) Martin O'Neil manage Real Betis, and Napoli Gordon Strachan manage Juventus, Fiorentina, Lazio and Roma Ally McCoist manage Sporting & Porto.

And I know there are tons more but my minds gone blank and I'm still seething at Chelsea tonight!!

Mick McCarthy just became the new Milan manager in my game. He deserves it after winning a league cup with Wolves and FA cup with Liverpool.

Gordon Strachan also worked for either Napoli or Palermo, I don't remember which.

gameholidayhalloffamewo.th.png

David Moyes went on to manage Barcelona on my game and as you can see did pretty damn well. Got me wondering if anyone else has seen any British managers move abroad on FM as it's a reasonably rare thing in real life at least in todays footbal anyway with top managers.

Jesus I didn't know the game was that unrealistic.

Can't believe nobody has noticed.

Palacios is the best manager in the world (after the OP) and just ahead of Mourinho.

Alex Ferguson is top this is my holiday save. Palacios has won 2 Serie A titles and a Champions League trophy with Napoli. He also guided Atl. Madrid to 7 La Liga titles, 6 Spanish Cups and 4 Champions League wins.

Good to see there are so many movements of British managers abroad.

The anti-English bias there is in the European game isn't properly reflected on FM I don't feel. In reality English players do not travel abroad very often. There have only been a handful of players recently where players were signed by the Italian or Spanish leagues and even then they have returned pretty quickly.

On the game they don't seem to mind bidding for English players at all. Lampard, Rodwell and Andy Carroll are all at big European teams on one of my saves. Phil Neville is currently managing AC Milan on one of them as well.

Mike Phelan's managing Barca on my save.

Also of note,

Paul Ince @ Napoli, Owen Coyle @ AC Milan, John Carew @ Fiorentina, Steven Gerard managing England and Vincent Kompany in charge of Belgium.

Steve Bruce @ Man Utd, Wayne Rooney @ Wigan, Paul Jewel @ Liverpool, Shearer back at the Toon! It goes on..

David Moyes at Barcelona is weird, but what about Keith Millen at Chelsea?

16lh5qb.png

His claim to fame is getting Reading promoted to the Premier League, and being runner-up in League Cup for 2011 and 2013, and runner-up FA Cup in 2014.

His current win ratio is 54% (24 games, 13 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses). 37 goals scored and 15 conceded, currently sitting 6th in the league with 6 games to go.

Jesus I didn't know the game was that unrealistic.

Yeah, who'd leave sunny Merseyside, and the mighty Everton, just to manage some small time spanish club in a rainy, cold, damp city totally lacking in culture?

David Moyes at Barcelona is weird, but what about Keith Millen at Chelsea?

16lh5qb.png

His claim to fame is getting Reading promoted to the Premier League, and being runner-up in League Cup for 2011 and 2013, and runner-up FA Cup in 2014.

His current win ratio is 54% (24 games, 13 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses). 37 goals scored and 15 conceded, currently sitting 6th in the league with 6 games to go.

That's shockingly bad..

Currently in preseason 2012/13 and Alex McLeish has just taken the reigns at Belenenses in Portugal.

And, just because they weren't quite sure the first time around Rafa has gone back to Liverpool, I think I'll go and pick a fight ;)

In my save Rafa Benitez is the England manager :)

lol, anyway i remember about a quarter into my second season on 11.2, guardiola just upped and resigned from barca, they where top of the league but had about 3 draws, maybe a win too, in the champions league from the first three or so games, cant remeber who replaced him tho.

Archived