fm11 great challenge but really frustrating.

superb game and no criticism here at all. But for the first time since 05 i have hit a proverbial brick wall with lower league long term save. Started as weston super mare. been a good challenge now got them upto championship and bang does my lack of quality and money show through.

3000 stadium, only 250k to spend and my squad has to be the worst squad easily in the championship.

started well first game 1-1 draw at home with watford. then this is my string of championship results since then.

6-1 loss, 3-2 loss, 7-1 loss, 6-3 WIN (i was 3 - 0 down at half time didnt say a word to my squad here), 8-1 loss to bristol city who were 6-0 up by half time, 4-3 loss 2-1 win

great game in my eyes. lots of high scoring at least

Isn't it being more of a challenge a better thing? I'd rather be spending more time trying to find that winning tactic etc, than be half concentrating and finding the game a breeze.

I had a save similar to yours with Luton, got to the Championship and struggled originally. What I'd suggest is to attack instead of concentrating on defence, it worked much better for me. Get a few loans in from the Prem and I hope things turn around for you!

There is a lower league editor file by Uncle Ron that goes down to level 8, it also adds FA Ground Rating rules so that as you progress up the leagues you are forced to do work on the stadium - not ideal financially but it would mean that you won't end up in the Championship with a stadium lower than 5000 seats.

It's not that type of game, there is no 'winning' tactic. Tactics matter, yes, but you can still be unsuccessful in your particular goal though. I.E You can't go 'I'm gunna pick these tactics with the best team in the league & win the FA Cup this season'. This game works on 'probabilities' which means there will always be that chance you can still lose even if everything is just right. That said, the game gets easier as season go by

i dont want any winning tactic. my point is everyone moaning about the game being too easy etc but this is a real challenge. I actually enjoying struggling through with lack of funds etc. just got the building stage of a new stadium out of the way so at least numbers should go up.

there honestly wasnt a moan when i said about results. for me it was a shock as usually its easier to get into premiership on these saves.

really am enjoying fm11 for the sheer challenge of it.

turning my results slowly and partially my fault for not noticing some staff somehow were still stuck on p/t contracts.

whats the hardest but enjoying is i havent been able to get a parent club since the start (which i dont mind its a true challenge) and havent been able to get a decent feeder club either (again i dont mind all part of the challenge.)

honestly fm11 was going to be my last in the series as everytime things go the same but thankfully this isnt the case for me.

i dont want any winning tactic. my point is everyone moaning about the game being too easy etc but this is a real challenge. I actually enjoying struggling through with lack of funds etc. just got the building stage of a new stadium out of the way so at least numbers should go up.

there honestly wasnt a moan when i said about results. for me it was a shock as usually its easier to get into premiership on these saves.

really am enjoying fm11 for the sheer challenge of it.

turning my results slowly and partially my fault for not noticing some staff somehow were still stuck on p/t contracts.

whats the hardest but enjoying is i havent been able to get a parent club since the start (which i dont mind its a true challenge) and havent been able to get a decent feeder club either (again i dont mind all part of the challenge.)

honestly fm11 was going to be my last in the series as everytime things go the same but thankfully this isnt the case for me.

you are one of very few that find the game a challenge and dont jump up and down saying its bugged etc.

Good to hear that with a bit of tinkering you are turning the results around!

Its definately the hardest one I remember. One loss can easily turn into a run of defeats when moral goes down so easily.

yes same here. had runs of single defeat followed by 9 wins on the spin so totally unrealistic in previous editions.

This game is totally addictive for me on this save and really tempted not to patch to 11.3 when it comes out as i suddenly dont want to change much.

yes my ambitions maybe flawed with stadium but serious 3000 capacity is not strong enough and been selling out for 3 seasons now.

first time im in the black now aswell (as i stated i had no feeder clubs until this season and now i dont have a parent club) really good hard addictive game for me.

just glad to see bank balance above 0 for the first ever time.

right off to fight relegation from championship for me. few games left to put myself safe.

It's not that type of game, there is no 'winning' tactic. Tactics matter, yes, but you can still be unsuccessful in your particular goal though. I.E You can't go 'I'm gunna pick these tactics with the best team in the league & win the FA Cup this season'. This game works on 'probabilities' which means there will always be that chance you can still lose even if everything is just right. That said, the game gets easier as season go by

christ you really like dropping that into every single thread you post in dont you!

Archived