PDA

View Full Version : How to stop diving?

jedman0
01-03-2011, 16:46
I've been having this problem for a couple of seasons now, where I have 2 players who can't stop diving.
It's one of my strikers and my captain who keep doing it and recently my captain dived twice in one game getting 2 yellows within the first 40 minutes.
I looked in their Preferred Moves and didn't see anything to do with diving.
Both their personalities are realist, not sure if that's just a coincidence.

Just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to keep them on their feet?:confused::confused:

Andy20
02-03-2011, 07:12
I'm guessing they both have a high unsporting attribute in their hidden attributes, must be something like that.

Johnjo
02-03-2011, 07:27
Just hope that Pepe kicks the crap out of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf1OuA2hI80

On a more serious note if they are young you might be able to have them tutored by a guy with a higher sportsmanship att.

Maybe your captain is setting a bad example?

crouchaldinho
02-03-2011, 08:27
Doesn't the realist personality have a low sportsmanship rating?

robertcornell68
02-03-2011, 08:37
You just have to accept that your players are cheats. The trouble is: they're rubbish at it.

What we really need is a "diving" attribute which could be set as an individual training focus.

crouchaldinho
02-03-2011, 08:56
There actually is a 'dirtiness' attribute. I think it's called something like this.

Your coaches can feedback regarding this, although I can't remember the exact line that they use. Something to do with his attitude getting him into trouble, maybe?

Fabio MVP
02-03-2011, 09:26
There actually is a 'dirtiness' attribute. I think it's called something like this.

Your coaches can feedback regarding this, although I can't remember the exact line that they use. Something to do with his attitude getting him into trouble, maybe?
I thought that was when a player has high aggression? I might be wrong though...

crouchaldinho
02-03-2011, 12:20
I thought that was when a player has high aggression? I might be wrong though...

It could be. I'm not sure actually Fabio.

I'm pretty sure that you can tell how dirty a player might be from a coach report though.

JGM
02-03-2011, 12:41
had a player on fm10 who got sent off twice in one season for 2 bookable offenses, all 4 bookings were dives. It was so frustrating and stupid like did it not occur to him not to do it again when booked?

jedman0
02-03-2011, 19:50
Thanks for your answers, I think they're a bit past being tutored now sadly.
So I'll just have to live with it then....or FMRTE them :p