Left footed striker in the 'right' striker slot

Hey Guys

I noticed when the game was processing one of the 'tips' was:

"Placing a left footed striker in the right striker slot can increase his chance to score"

So i assume this works visa versa?

This is never something i'd have thought off. So i ask if thier are any other positional tips like this that are worth considering?

Thanks

If you want your left footed striker to score from the right hand slot, go to advanced instructions and under "wide play" select "cut inside".

This means when he gets the ball on the right hand side of the pitch he will look to come inside keeping him all the time on his left foot and increasing the chance he will score. It will help if this player can shoot from range as he will often have the opportunity to have a go from distance after a good first touch.

Strikers are not all about goals though.

Played a "left only" striker called Hulk in the left hand slot for his entire career. The reason being he has very high crossing skill, and I played him alongside a big man in the box. Having him "move into channels" and cross often he racks up the assists and will still get close to a goal a game.

swapping wingers in the tactics to they switch in game, the same with both forwards and DC's is something i like to do

keeps the Ai guessing

I personally disagree with that when playing against AI. It will only help significantly if your strikers are being man marked which is very rare from the AI, and if they have high "off the ball" it won't make a massive difference either. Zonal marking is unlikely to make much difference but swapping strikers over you can have them doing what you don't want them to do - for example your don't want a "right only" striker running the channels on the left when he finds himself in the left hand slot. Unless you have 2 very similar players, it is much better to keep control and have them on the side of the pitch doing what you want them to do and where they are most effective.

Here you can see Hulks assists and goals. Left only playing on left side, moving into channels and crossing (mainly) to Dzeko.

teamstatsassists.PNG

If you want your left footed striker to score from the right hand slot, go to advanced instructions and under "wide play" select "cut inside".

This means when he gets the ball on the right hand side of the pitch he will look to come inside keeping him all the time on his left foot and increasing the chance he will score. It will help if this player can shoot from range as he will often have the opportunity to have a go from distance after a good first touch.

Strikers are not all about goals though.

Played a "left only" striker called Hulk in the left hand slot for his entire career. The reason being he has very high crossing skill, and I played him alongside a big man in the box. Having him "move into channels" and cross often he racks up the assists and will still get close to a goal a game.

I personally disagree with that when playing against AI. It will only help significantly if your strikers are being man marked which is very rare from the AI, and if they have high "off the ball" it won't make a massive difference either. Zonal marking is unlikely to make much difference but swapping strikers over you can have them doing what you don't want them to do - for example your don't want a "right only" striker running the channels on the left when he finds himself in the left hand slot. Unless you have 2 very similar players, it is much better to keep control and have them on the side of the pitch doing what you want them to do and where they are most effective.

Here you can see Hulks assists and goals. Left only playing on left side, moving into channels and crossing (mainly) to Dzeko.

teamstatsassists.PNG

if thats your team with norwich in 2015 you have clearly cheated to the high heavens.

I base my the positioning based on the opposition centre backs footedness and position.

e.g. if their DCR is right footed and DCL is left footed, my right footed striker will play on FCL position as then he will be attacking the defenders weak side.

If both strikers fit into the same criteria, the one with more forward one gets priority for the best positioning.

Same logic applies to DCs, midfielders a stick with left on left and right on right.

Hope this made some sense

if thats your team with norwich in 2015 you have clearly cheated to the high heavens.

That's a bit far-fetched, it is still a good amount of seasons in, and norwich dont start with the worst stadium, I could fully believe a good manager who's an expert at wheeler-dealing and tactics being able to pull something like that off.

I'm not sure if I could, I haven't tried, but some could no doubt.

That's a bit far-fetched, it is still a good amount of seasons in, and norwich dont start with the worst stadium, I could fully believe a good manager who's an expert at wheeler-dealing and tactics being able to pull something like that off.

I'm not sure if I could, I haven't tried, but some could no doubt.

are you mental mate haha? yes, the cash you would make from selling the likes of wes hoolahan could certainly fund big money moves for the likes of neymar, dzeko and sergio ramos. the guys a cheat haha!

I never cheat. I can show you transfers in transfers out for every single season if you want proof.

I also scored over 130 goals in a single Prem season.

131%20goals.png

are you mental mate haha? yes, the cash you would make from selling the likes of wes hoolahan could certainly fund big money moves for the likes of neymar, dzeko and sergio ramos. the guys a cheat haha!

Winning thing generates cash.

I did spend £93mil on transfers but Norwich are an 17th Media Prediction Championship team. Now I have 25 world class players, and 3-4 world class youngsters.

I did save huge amounts on wages. My highest earner in only 100k a week. I won the Premiership with 670k p/w total wage. Arsenal offered me a job with £1.8mil wage budget per week.

If you look now it's not even 1.2mil now and that's after winning the champions league several times.

2010-2011.png

2011-2012.png

2012-2013.png

2013-2014.png

I think that proves conclusively I do not cheat.

Regarding spending, make sure you spend over 48months and sell for cash upfront.

I have often sold off and made profit on a player I am still paying for.

You can generate a lot of cash for average youngsters - if a big timer wants a youngster sell him with 50% sell on clause - clubs will almost almost agree to the clause as well as the players value. I got a buy out clause of £7mil after selling for £1.8mil to Man City up front. He wouldn't even make my second string...

clearly a cheat, u cant bring all those players to ac milan in 5 seasons.

you can if you sign them all over 48 months, sell a good number of players for upfront payments and hope to hell it all works in your favour. A club can generate a crazy amount of money in the EPL.

I honestly don't care whether you cheat or not,but...

Dzeko,Sergio Ramos,Kranjcar and Romero all for free? In 2013? And Muniain two years later?

Anyway,the rare times I play with 2 strikers,I love to have them cutting in. Otherwise there'd be plenty of useless shots towards the outside of the net...

When I signed Ramos, Dzeko I came 4th and made champions league.

Was no difficulty in signing them.

The best players are the ones which are being sold or are free.

Those players I bought may or may not become available. Players like Hamsik I got for his value £14.75 - was transfer listed by request.

Rodwell - £6mil.

Every game and pretty much every season a top player will become available for peanuts.

Regarding money outgoing - it's was a lot at the peak it was about 5mil, but it's about 2mil now a month on transfers. When it was 5mil I did have a 50mil balance, but of course it was close to 0 towards the end of the year until the 15mil for winning the prem, 22 mil for champs league TV revenue not to mention an additional 40mil for the new season and 50mil for new season tickets.

I honestly don't care whether you cheat or not,but...

Dzeko,Sergio Ramos,Kranjcar and Romero all for free? In 2013? And Muniain two years later?

Well, I can only say what happened in my game with Genk... Guess what? I signed Dzeko for free in 2013... And I assure you I am not cheating.

He just popped up all of a sudden without a club and I approached him and he agreed...

Well, I can only say what happened in my game with Genk... Guess what? I signed Dzeko for free in 2013... And I assure you I am not cheating.

He just popped up all of a sudden without a club and I approached him and he agreed...

He is pretty much free every game at Wolfsburg. As long as they are in a foreign country you can negotiate while they are still at their club under contract - 6 months before it runs out. Provided you have a high rep, it's easy to get them.

Ramos and Dzeko are VERY easy to get on frees (pre-patch), almost always available. Dzeko was clubless before he agreed to sign and cost me a "highest earners clause" which is why I bought Babacar on 40k a week and sold Dzeko on 100k a week!

In 2018 Ramos isn't even 1st team, I have a far better Gen.

Agreed, when you can get world class players for free, clearly the problem is not with the player, but the game itself. FWIW in previous FMs I have been able to get Leeds United from League 1 to successive promotions and then Top 4 and league winners once they were back in the EPL... it's not that hard at all if you are good at wheeling and dealing... and the 48mth transfer installments makes it a lot easier as well...

As for the OP, I have never considered this but will certainly experiment when I'm not playing LLM!

As for the accusations, if he wants to cheat he can and shouldn't be lambasted for it on a thread which isn't relevant to the arguement. He's proved to me from his screenshots that, although unlikely, the tranfers add up and he's simply a transfer dealing wizard!

The third screenshot also proves that he is cheating on his wife, cheated in his GCSE's and cheated death on at least one occasion.

Seriously guys, enough with the cheating allegations? It's pretty obvious he just started his game with 11.1 :-p

I imagine it would do the same thing as if a right footer plays on the left side, I remember there being a thread about this a while back.

The thing that used to bother me was wether its neccisary to have a left footed defender on the left side. I just try not having a right only guy there. Still not sure if it matters

I have also noticed that a guy who can score from range is a lot better if you play him on the opposite side to his foot.

As for signing all the best players over 48 months etc its not cheating IMO it just gets very boring and doesn't require any actual manager skill

The game is a lot more enjoyable if you set certain rules, i once won the premier league with the default West Ham squad, that was one of the most enjoyable FM experiences i have had.

I find that, unless you set the player to cut inside specifically, they always seem to go outside the defender and shoot at the near post, and shoot across the keeper when played in on an angle. I stick my best finisher on his preferred side (right for right, left for left) and he will always drill shots in at the near post.

It's un-patched version. I downloaded patch yesterday but not installed it yet.

Not sure I will continue playing with Norwich - I recently started a new game with the worst team in England - now that IS hard.

For those who care I came 9th on first season back, missed UEFA cup by 3 points, then thanks to Neymar - 4th, then won it every year since.

Surely looking at the Database Changes stat on the Game status screen would clear this all up ?

gamestatus.PNG

You've saved '1144' times, and played 473 games as a manager... Seems a bit strange to save that amount of times.

I smell a bit of bull.

How would the save count change anything?

I save immediately before and after every game, after a sign a new player, after I sign a new staff member, after agreeing a new contract (pretty much anything key) and every few days in off season as there is usually endless transfer news to sift through. I save many times to a separate game file should it get corrupted, or when I get job offers.

i save before every game just incase anything crashes and i dont want to go back a few weeks but i dont reload after defeats.

Same here. I once did a month and a half on the game without saving it, with me nearly wining every game i played. Then i had a power cut, it ****ed me of, and i soon learned to save it.

Same here. I once did a month and a half on the game without saving it, with me nearly wining every game i played. Then i had a power cut, it ****ed me of, and i soon learned to save it.

yup since i moved onto a laptop i save constantly my old one overheated one day and i lost 3 months, i had to start a new save because i couldnt be bothered doing it all again.

yup since i moved onto a laptop i save constantly my old one overheated one day and i lost 3 months, i had to start a new save because i couldnt be bothered doing it all again.

same. play on laptop and mine isn't the best, has crashed a few times on one of my saves and had to go back a few weeks. It's very sad when you win matches that's incredible and you can't do it again, but it usually evens out because you win some matches you drew or lost that was an easy win.. but the lost time is most annoying...!

same. play on laptop and mine isn't the best, has crashed a few times on one of my saves and had to go back a few weeks. It's very sad when you win matches that's incredible and you can't do it again, but it usually evens out because you win some matches you drew or lost that was an easy win.. but the lost time is most annoying...!

for me i lost a whole summer, which ment i missed out on the transfers and forgot the name of a few i had found to be worthy, i prob could have found them all again but i lost the motivation, so now saving as often as possible is just a natural thing. I have it on a 3 rolling save on top of that which saves without me prompting i would imagine i save between 100-200 times a season depending on how long i play for.

Seems you spent more time saving the game than playing it but whatever floats yer boat.

I personally think the paying over 48 months is hugely flawed in many respects.

I start my new games with alot of leagues running, no first window budgets & a sunday league reputation to create as difficult start as possible to a save. In the first January window of a Celtic save, I was allowed to load up €36m worth of short term debt (over 42 months) on Celtic without winning a trophy and when I asked for a new contract, before the january window, the board refused. How does a board who dont have the confidence in their manager to extend his contract beyond the current season, who is seen as a huge risk based on his reputation be allowed to load up so much short term debt. The following season, I loaded on another €29m the following season and €11.5m the next & €12.5m. All repayment were staggered to complete for the start of the 2014/15 season. Over those 4 seasons, I did manage to recoup €30m but I wasnt spending my allocated budgets every season either.

Actually, I've also reported a bug with regards to budgets and ways of easily exploiting the board.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/239605-Boardroom-Request-Message-Improvement

Further investigation by me showed that they would have increased my transfer budget even if I didnt ask for it. I say that before people accuse me of exploiting known bugs.

Explain to me how you have 4 simultaneous upgrades of youth facilities, thats either manipulation by you or a huge bug that should be reported

I have a pretty good PC, saving is very quick.

Explain to me how you have 4 simultaneous upgrades of youth facilities, thats either manipulation by you or a huge bug that should be reported

I am not sure - are you sure it's not supposed to? I assumed it had 4 because it would be upgrading all areas of the youth facilities.

I asked once - you can only ask once. After you ask you can't ask again and look at the start date - all the same.

Why would I exploit a bug to get 4 simultaneous upgrades, surely would it not cost me 4x resulting in 1 "notch" up. If they all end on the same date I don't see how they could possibly stack?

It's strange because I always ask for upgrades whenever I can but I always seem to need to upgrade again in a couple of years - doesn't seem to cap.

Regarding paying over time - personally I don't think it's cheating, or a bug. If you run your club into debt you will end paying a lot in repayments. After than 108 mil I spent in 1 season, I had to balance it out in previous seasons.

Regarding 2011, it has endless bugs - very much on the "how the hell did this get through beta?" level.

I am not sure - are you sure it's not supposed to? I assumed it had 4 because it would be upgrading all areas of the youth facilities.

I asked once - you can only ask once. After you ask you can't ask again and look at the start date - all the same.

Why would I exploit a bug to get 4 simultaneous upgrades, surely would it not cost me 4x resulting in 1 "notch" up. If they all end on the same date I don't see how they could possibly stack?

It's strange because I always ask for upgrades whenever I can but I always seem to need to upgrade again in a couple of years - doesn't seem to cap.

Regarding paying over time - personally I don't think it's cheating, or a bug. If you run your club into debt you will end paying a lot in repayments. After than 108 mil I spent in 1 season, I had to balance it out in previous seasons.

Regarding 2011, it has endless bugs - very much on the "how the hell did this get through beta?" level.

I think you should report that in the bugs forum and see what the QA guys think of it. It certainly seems like a problem, hopefully it could be fixed for 2012 or maybe by the 3rd patch of that one!

Facilities do degrade, currently I have to get upgrades every 3 years to get state of the art youth facilities then, a year planning + another year building, it does seem too quick degrading and too long to sort out. What exactly would be need to constantly upgraded at a huge cost to maintain state of the art? Maybe medical facilities should be classed on its own if thats the case. Also would it not be minor upgrades at certain points rather than constant large scale upgrades.

EDIT

I've outlined a very unlikely real life scenario that happens in the game even if the board doesnt trust you enough to extend your contract beyond the season. I think there should be more criteria with regards to how much and how long you can do repayments. This game is suppose to reflect real life and you wouldnt see such a high risk strategy being implemented at Celtic because of their previous problems with the banks.

Regarding paying over time in relation to what extent they trust you is something to consider. As I won the CCC in my first year and got top 10 in second season I asked for a 5 year contract and got it.

It may be something to look at - However - look at Real Madrid, look at Man City, look at Chelsea. I think Mark Hughes had spent around £100 mil and was then sacked. Real Madrid spent £80mil on Ronaldo, £57mil on Kaka, £30 on Benzema and they change manager almost every season.

Anyway, back to topic I will try and give full answer as it's gone way off topic. I came back to these forums to try and find a network game to play in, when I do we will all see who the profit is :)

---------------------------------

This means when he gets the ball on the right hand side of the pitch he will look to come inside keeping him all the time on his left foot and increasing the chance he will score. It will help if this player can shoot from range as he will often have the opportunity to have a go from distance after a good first touch. Unless you do this the player will usually try to go on the outside of the player.

If you are playing with a man just behind the forwards and he is trying a lot of through balls, it can also help to have a player with a right foot on the left side and vice versar. The through balls that are very central will keep the strikers on their favored foot - your strikers will usually be coming in from a slightly wider angle in an attempt to get on the end of it.

It also depend on how you like your teams to play. For example If you are playing with full backs who push on a lot coupled with forward players cutting inside and using touch line instructions such as "look for overlap" can often open up the entire flank. The opposition players (marking) will usually go with a player, so if you are cutting inside you will often find space out wide.

Times you may want to consider not having players cutting inside is if your opposition is playing through the middle or with a flat back 3. If your forwards "hug touchline" when teams have a flat back 3, one of the center backs has little choice but to go and try and close down your forward. This often leaves your other forward(s) as well players breaking from midfield with more space in the box.

If the team is playing narrow, particularly if with and anchor man - cutting inside may not be very effective as your players will just be running into traffic.

The final thing you should consider is the players attributes. As I mentioned if your player is good at crossing by cutting inside you may well be stopping and excellent supply of balls from out wide. Also look at players preferred moves. If one of them is "runs with ball down left" its probably not a good idea having him cut inside - or at least until he untrains this.

A long story short - it depends. A good striker will always score provided you play him to his strengths - regardless of the side of the pitch.

Archived