Should I wait?

I haven't started a new career on FM 2011 yet, started one the day it came out but encountered a few bugs and I went back to my FM 2010 career. I knew i'd start a proper career off on 2011 but not until the last patch. Now my FM 2010 career has grown old and I fancy a new challenge and the new features on FM 2011, problem is...

I was thinking about downloading the latest database update that is fan made, will that update still work when I download the new patch when it comes out? Also... Is the game largely bug free as it stands now with 11.2.1? I would wait until the new patch is out but i'm itching to start a career on 2011 and it looks like we'll have to wait at least another week for the patch to be released!

The game plays fine the way it is. Start a new game now, and if you're desperate for transfer updates then download this update http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254166-MU-Data-Update-III-%28Winterupdate%29. It has over 12000 changes, and the only notable error I've seen is that Tim Matavz doesn't have a set future transfer to Napoli, which you can fix yourself in 3 seconds. Not that I've checked all of England's lower league transfers, but I'm Udinese anyway so it doesn't really matter for me. The patch is save-game compatible so the fixes will be implemented in your game even if you start a new game now.

Updates will work on whichever version of FM you're playing.

Lads... I downloaded that update that Nicolai reccomended and I don't know how to install it. I have downloaded database updates in the past for FM 2007 and FM 2010 but this one doesn't have a readme with it and i've completely forget how to install it lol.

Archived