Will deleting fm11 registry files help my 3d match run smoother?

My 3 graphics are very jerky, when this happens i load up task manager and my cpu usage is at 100%, but it will only last a few minutes then my 3d graphics will return to normal - smooth, cpu usage down to 7-15%, it probably happens 2-3 times per game lasting 2-3 minutes everytime, its very frustrating. when i first bought the game in november i never ever had any 3d graphic proplems, it ran very smoothly, but over the past 2-3 months theyve slowly got worse, and now it effects every game i play! this also happend with fm 10 with the same laptop im using, so a month before fm11came out i rang up the tech guys told them my problem and they picked my laptop up, got it bk just in time for fm11 and the graphics problem was fixed, but like i said, now its gotten alot worse! so the jerkyness has nothing to do with my gaphics card or my laptop in gernal, it just deteriarates over time. PLEASE HELP.

to be honest i dont what they did to it, ive just rebooted my computer to factory settings yesterday and in my very 1st game the graphics were still very jerky and my cpu usage was at 100% again! its definaley something that can be fixed, because as i said i sent it away and it came back with perfect graphics!

Don't go anywhere near the registry files unless you know what you're doing. And I mean "know" not look up on a website.

Try getting GameBooster and turn it on before playing Football Manager - then turn it back to normal mode when finished.

Gamebooster will close any surplus programs, service and events not associated with the game - temporarily.

I don't know about anyone else but I installed the Windows 7 service pack 1 last week and that caused problems with 3d matches (jerky, freezing & sound not quite right).

Checked my graphics card driver & had the latest one but when I had a look on the graphics card website there were updates for other things including audio drivers. Since installing those its back to normal.

Make sure your match speed is not set too high.

I have noticed when you go more than 3/4's up the speed bar that the match is very jerky but just between half and 3/4's it is smooth and i dont have a high end gfx card.

4GB Ram

Onboard Graphics

Advent 6441 - pretty poor imo but i only really use it for my DJ'in and 'light' gaming.

i saw on another thread about the same thing someone suggested updating(if you have it) or downloading(if you dont) java. they dont know why it effects fm but they swear blind it does and its helped for me touch wood, plus i always use game booster and advanced system care

Archived