Are we ACTUALLY going to get a patch?

I know we're not supposed to mention the old patcheroo even though we have paid good money for the game but I'm just wondering are we really going to actually get one at all? Or are Miles and the team continually delaying until we forget it was ever mentioned and are buying the new FM 2012?

It just seems to me it's disappointment after disappointment and the whole "random bug" excuse is rather comical to be honest especially for a team that has been working "24/7 since and before transfer deadline day" and is no doubt an attempt to mask the fact that these guys have basically given up on customer service now that money is in the bank. There is no money in patches hence there is no effort in patches anymore, only excuses.

It'd be nice if Miles or the team were to come out and say "here's the patch even earlier than we said!" but never in a million years would that happen. I won a bet between friends that these guys would let us down yet again as they have with each recent iteration of the game and delay the patch and I'm getting my wages ready to put down on the patch NOT being ready for next week.

Cry and moan about me speaking the truth if you want but you can't deny it is the truth.

Are people actually that desperate that they can't wait a week longer? :S

Not to mention the ironic thing is, if they release the patch early with a known bug in it that affects people's games, people will moan like hell how the patch isn't good enough!

I know we're not supposed to mention the old patcheroo even though we have paid good money for the game but I'm just wondering are we really going to actually get one at all? Or are Miles and the team continually delaying until we forget it was ever mentioned and are buying the new FM 2012?

It just seems to me it's disappointment after disappointment and the whole "random bug" excuse is rather comical to be honest especially for a team that has been working "24/7 since and before transfer deadline day" and is no doubt an attempt to mask the fact that these guys have basically given up on customer service now that money is in the bank. There is no money in patches hence there is no effort in patches anymore, only excuses.

It'd be nice if Miles or the team were to come out and say "here's the patch even earlier than we said!" but never in a million years would that happen. I won a bet between friends that these guys would let us down yet again as they have with each recent iteration of the game and delay the patch and I'm getting my wages ready to put down on the patch NOT being ready for next week.

Cry and moan about me speaking the truth if you want but you can't deny it is the truth.

you dont speak the truth your just ranting for the sake of it, your right SI actually havent worked on the patch at all in the past 4 months and now they are trying to catch up, obviously you know a lot about programming and they way software companies work. Just for the record we dont pay for patches, they come free, so you paid for the game and you have it, their obligation ends there.

Maybe future releases of FM should just be released in early Febuary? does get kinda annoying 2-3 months after buying the game most of the player data is out-dated due to the transfer window.

Or you can do what a lot of people do and buy the game in Feb/March when the final patch is out, and play from march to march rather then buy it when it first comes out!

Maybe future releases of FM should just be released in early Febuary? does get kinda annoying 2-3 months after buying the game most of the player data is out-dated due to the transfer window.

but it would be less annoying playing a game based on this season, and only getting it in feb? Surely it would make more sense to have it out earlier in the year?

It's not as easy to fix these types of issues as you think, especially when the errors are hard to reproduce.

Say the memory corruption happens only after 4 hours of playing, each time you want to try to replicate the error you have to run the game for another 4 hours. Even with 30 systems doing this kind of thing its going to take a lot of time to locate the issue and then fix and test it thoroughly.

Or you can do what a lot of people do and buy the game in Feb/March when the final patch is out, and play from march to march rather then buy it when it first comes out!

Exactly what i'm going to do with FM12.

Going to be very difficult to resist the urge to buy knowing its released though :)

I have no reason to believe (and neither have you unless you know something we don't) that there isn't a memory corruption issue and personally I'd rather it was released when its ready. I am really frustrated in fact I was hoping it would be yesterday as thats when my copy arrived (I always wait for the third patch) but hey thats life if its the worst thing that happens to me this year it'll be awesome.

If they cant precisely replicate the bug its very hard A) To attempt to fix it B) Be sure when applying a fix that it has solved the problem and that there arent other triggers. That's not making an excuse for them thats just the reality of software development.

If SI released it today random crashes and all there would be hell to pay, so really they are kinda damned if they do and damned if they don't.

There is a new 11.3 update sticky saying they're hopefull for this week, what more can you ask for?

hopeful is not good enough,we r now in march.when does fm2012 come out.means we might have 7 months of playing 2011 b4 2012 comes out.then the same old problem with 2012 as we r getting with 2011.this whole thing sux big time.this patch may not even be out this month.if they cant sort the problem which is delaying it.all the paying customers that have paid good money for this game,should be injoying playing this game now,without all these bugs.not still waiting for another patch to put it right,this sux so bad.

Grow up, you speak about the truth when you have no idea what this is yourself are you are purely speculating. At least SI have kept in touch and if you look at the patching structure announced before the game was released you will notice that this final patch is currently on target.

Obvioulsy you have never worked in software before because you clearly know nothing about the complexities envolved.

just dont like to hear the truth do u.to many that stick up for si on here.pass me the sick bucket.

Do please close this. This is so tedious after the amount of times threads llike this have appeared - yawn.

hopeful is not good enough,we r now in march.when does fm2012 come out.means we might have 7 months of playing 2011 b4 2012 comes out.then the same old problem with 2012 as we r getting with 2011.this whole thing sux big time.this patch may not even be out this month.if they cant sort the problem which is delaying it.all the paying customers that have paid good money for this game,should be injoying playing this game now,without all these bugs.not still waiting for another patch to put it right,this sux so bad.

not justifying the patching schedule but just wondering why don't you wait before buying it? Its happened with fm07 onwards and possibly before cant really remember so this year wasn't the greatest shock of all time.

how do you hope to affect any change when you don't accept that bugs are inevitable (whole other issue) and find the patching schedule unacceptable when you just give them your money on release day anyway? not having a go just wondering why so many people didn't see the final patch being in march coming, when its around this time every year, i think they even released a timetable for it.

point taken,i will not be buying 2012 untill march next year.that is as long as there are no problems with the game after the final patch.si r going to lose a lot of customers,they have messed up big time on this yrs game.and what really gets up my nose is,when players come on here and give genuine honest reasons why this game has problems.and all u ever get is all the creeps that stick up for si sports.

Don't read it then

lol i never actually said what you quoted me as saying, not quite sure whats happened there :)

EDIT: It was Kazza, I would hate to take credit for someone elses posts lol.

• Administrators

As Miles said earlier this week:

Last Monday I had said that we were hopeful of a release for the patch this week (week of 28th Feb).

Whilst that is still possible, it's now looking very unlikely. We have been chasing a rare and seemingly random crash issue for the last week (memory corruption) that we are struggling to reproduce due to it's randomness, and when it is crashing, it's giving us limited information in tracking it down. We have made progress in narrowing down what is causing it, and working round the clock on this, but tests and test code are still ongoing despite working on it 24/7.

I would therefore suggest that the patch and data update will likely be released next week (week of 8th March), which still fits into the original timeline given if near the start of the week!

I will provide more information once we have more.

I know people want the updated transfer data and everything which comes with it, but our priority is getting the patch out without any major issues, so it has been rightly delayed. We're still well within the suggested release date of the patch, so please be patient in regards to this. Many thanks.

Archived