Past Experience (ideas and gloating)

OK, theres two parts to this. I'll start with the part where you get to show off.

When you set your past experience as international, the game (seemingly randomly) generates a total number of appearances and goals for you for your international side. What's the best you've got? I think I've always been cast as a defender or something, with 2 goals in 30 games or so.

What I would like to see though, is that if you set your experience to professional, it generates a playing history for you. It doesn't need to be anything too flash or fancy, just a simple career based on the fact that your current age is XX, and that you played between the ages of 17 and 30.

If it wouldn't be a total problem, I'd like the option to be able to pick one or two or three clubs, and it randomly generates my history involving those one or two or three clubs.

At the same point where you are asked your nationality, favourite team, and reputation, if you select professional or above, it could then ask for your clubs;

Option 1:- Southampton

Option 2:- Hartlepool

Option 3:- (Blank)

The game then assigns you to these clubs with random probability, and checks what division each club should have been in in each year. For example, if my starting age was 40, it might come back with something like this;

1987-1994 Hartlepool United (League 2 1987-91, League 1 1992-94) with random appearance and goal data.

1994-2001 Southampton (Premier Division 1994-2001) with random appearance and goal data.

It could also create transfer fees, a biography listing promotions and relegations, and so on.

i do like this idea, but how about having the option to add the position that you use to play in aswell. that way it could come up with a more defined goal total. for example, if you put forward as your position then you will have got a fair few goals (well, we hope so. lol) but if you put goalie then you would be lucky to get 1 goal.

Too much info, if you ask me. And too many opportunities for things to go wrong!! People will only complain about it being unrealistic, etc when the stats come out as too high or too low.

Besides, you're only gloating to the AI :)

Too much info, if you ask me. And too many opportunities for things to go wrong!! People will only complain about it being unrealistic, etc when the stats come out as too high or too low.

Besides, you're only gloating to the AI :)

I always gloat to the AI :D

I do see that it's an idea riddled with problems to try to encode it to work properly, trying to find so much data, and then generate stuff that doesn't seem ridiculous, but on the flipside, it could have some bearing on your rep - if your previous clubs were Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, you'd expect a higher rep than someone who picked Luton, Darlington and Blackpool.

Been suggested before, but definitely of interest to me.

I always start as 'Automatic' which makes me lucky to get a job in BSP (with BSN/S loaded of course). I hate that setting 'International' means you're offered to Man Utd job etc. Emile Heskey & Jay Bothroyd are 'International' and I can't see them being offered any prestigous managerial positions.

Like you say, selecting 'Professional' and setting Hartlepool as your previous club should carry less weight than playing for Man Utd, and your reputation would adjust accordingly.

Archived