Requirements / Rep for Managing a National Side?

Forgive my naivety but I've been playing lower league since FM07 so due to the level I play at the whole international management thing is new to me.

However, finally in FM11 I've managed to get a BSS team into the championship (current season is 2022) and I won the league cup last season in 2021. Because I'm not used to this level of success before I've started to set my sights (perhaps prematurely?) on managing a nation.

After countless applications I've been turned down every time. I assume it's because I'm not managing a side in the Premier League or is it some sort of rep thing? I've so far won maybe 8 leagues and a bunch of minor cups.

I was wondering if anyone knew the criteria required for a kind of entry level national management - even if it's a backwater country's under 21 team etc.

Thanks in advance :)

I got the England U-21 job starting with a semi-pro reputation and managing in the Championship. I would imagine the "second tier" nations would consider you (though probably behind managers of their nationality), but if you're after a "top tier" job, I think you'd have to be in the Premiership.

Well,it seems to be kind out of place in FM11...I'm LLM-ing in sweden as well and after some years of success I get in the premier division and manage to survive there with half-top finishes for 2 years,then I apply for the sweden job.My chances are slim at this point you might say and I would completely agree,but the guy they wanted was ought to have even less chances...

The manager they chose was the one that got 3 teams to underperform in the premier division over the last 5 years,relegating one of them in the proccess...doesnt make sense...

Archived