Soccer Saturday Panel

How cool would it be if you were out of work in-game or your team weren't playing that weekend, and you were invited to be a guest on the panel of Soccer Saturday or if necessary an unbranded equivalent. Admittedly this would merely be an aesthetic addition, you would watch your designated games and comment on it. Like I said, it might not add anything to the game, unless you could somehow tap players up that you were interested in, or unsettle precarious managers at jobs you wanted.

Maybe this could be something for Footballl manager 2032. I dont think that there is any logical effect that it could have on the game, so therefore it would only be for the purpose of your own imagination as to how people are perceiving your opinions from the Sky sports panel

I'm sorry but I am completely against this kind of thing, the press conferences are tiresome enough, the last thing I want added is more generic questions/interviews. I suppose if something like this were added I wouldn't mind as long as I could turn it off.

I'm sorry but I am completely against this kind of thing, the press conferences are tiresome enough, the last thing I want added is more generic questions/interviews. I suppose if something like this were added I wouldn't mind as long as I could turn it off.

Maybe something like an invite and you can say no if you don't want to do them?

haha once the game is near perfect and i did put near i would love to see things like this added to the game and involve 3d media that doesnt involve you so you can see them talking about you it was pretty good in pro evo managment would you believe a few years back. **** game though !

quite enjoyed the quirks of another branded management games where this sort of thing came up in your inbox.....player A prangs player B's car and they have fallen out etc.

very much like the idea of being part of a tv panel for a match day, its got to be implemented right as some1 said the press conferences are bad enough over and over!

I'd much prefer them to work on making the already dreadful media interaction and player interaction far, far better before adding in new media gimmicks. and even before they done that I would prefer them to make other aspects of the game much better.

And I would require an option to throttle Merson & Thompson live on the show.

Of course I'd prefer a better media interface, but I feel this could be included.

My biggest gripes (still playing FM10), are being harassed for 'Who do I think will win World Player of the Year?' when I'm managing Bath City to a top half finish in BSS. Completely pointless. And when your AssMan makes a controversial comment / poor team-talk in a friendly, it's you that takes the flak. And of course being asked the same questions, giving the same answer 30 times a season, and still getting asked the same question next week is only just bearable.

I know I'm re-treading lots of old ground (apologies) and I don't know if anything has improved for FM11. I skipped FM08, and it looks unlikely I'll buy FM11, but I'll likely buy FM12 after a few patches have come out and it's dropped a few quid in price.

Soccer Saturday was just an example, you could be a pundit for a Champions League match or more likely a match played by an old employer etc. This could be used to maintain a well-earnt reputation with a club. If I managed Bath City for 10 years, got them into League Two before moving on to Bristol City, and Bath City were on telly against Man Utd in a televised FA Cup tie, it'd be great to be involved, and would make me feel closer to the club.

I'd like to be able to put the cones out for training in an entertaining mini game, with player power ups for getting all the cones out in the right place. Once you got enough bonus points you should be allowed to get Messi on a free transfer.

I'd also like to be able to set the price of hot dogs on matchday, how much sugar goes in the fizzy drinks and what colour seats are used in the dugout.

I do this already. It doesn't need to be implemented into the game, anyone can do this at any time - just re-enact it yourself! I have goal updates on during my 3d matches, and I'm always saying out loud "Now off to Carrow Road, 2nd goal of the game but who to Tony Cottee?" or "Sending off at Evesham..." - "Unbelievable Jeff!"

If I've got the time I also read out the final scores from around the country in the voice of Alan Lambourne... :o :D:cool:

I'd like to be able to put the cones out for training in an entertaining mini game, with player power ups for getting all the cones out in the right place. Once you got enough bonus points you should be allowed to get Messi on a free transfer.

I'd also like to be able to set the price of hot dogs on matchday, how much sugar goes in the fizzy drinks and what colour seats are used in the dugout.

I suspect some people aren't taking this thread seriously.

While the soccer Saturday idea may not be the best in it's current form, have thought it would be good for some players to go into the media when they retire, those with certain personality/media attributes, eg outspoken. At least the 'I' when predicting the result of a game in the pre-match screen could be attributed to an ex-player, rather than an anonymous source from BBC Cumbria. Mere window-dressing, but surely not that difficult and adds an extra level of realism. Similarly ex-players becoming agents??

E.g. I'm in 2030 and Jermaine Beckford is working for BBC Sport & Matt Taylor is representing A.Newgen...

Does anyone else imagine what the Soccer Saturday team would be saying if your game was real?

For some reason, my first instinct is to have Merse commentating on it.

Or sometimes Windass if I don't quite understand whats happened.

"I dunno Jeff... I was-I was just eating this pasteh, and then summun got sent off, and thur was a goal Jeff, an it's a cracken game Jeff."

While the soccer Saturday idea may not be the best in it's current form, have thought it would be good for some players to go into the media when they retire, those with certain personality/media attributes, eg outspoken. At least the 'I' when predicting the result of a game in the pre-match screen could be attributed to an ex-player, rather than an anonymous source from BBC Cumbria. Mere window-dressing, but surely not that difficult and adds an extra level of realism. Similarly ex-players becoming agents??

E.g. I'm in 2030 and Jermaine Beckford is working for BBC Sport & Matt Taylor is representing A.Newgen...

I raised this idea here.

Not popular, it seems. :/

Archived