4 days before the Champions League final and.....

On one of my saves, I saw Arsene Wenger 1st season Champions League final - he lost and left the same day to join Inter, to play the Italian Cup final the next day - he lost that one too :p

Okay, not bad like your example but I found it funny. Yeah, silly little things like this aren't gamebreaking but good once their fixed :thup:

I was liverpool won epl Fa cup, uefa cup and jose mourinho lost his job finish 4th in spain was in cl final and offer me the job on cl final day with real madrid best week. it onyhappen once in 30season on fm2011.

That was painful to read.

Jupp Heynckes in real life was sacked just a few days after winning the European Cup with Real Madrid in 97-98 season.

So crazy things do happen although before a game is a bit extreme

He was sacked AFTER winning it not.

There are no examples of managers being sacked a few days before their team is supposed to play the champions league final.

There are no examples of managers being sacked a few days before their team is supposed to play the champions league final.

I know he was sacked after the European cup win and not before the final that's why I said "He was sacked after winning the European cup" So thanks for clearing up something I already knew I don't know how I would of gotten by if you hadn't of cleared that one up for me!

It was a message stating that crazy things do happen in football also if you read the rest of my post I also said "It is a bit extreme though sacking before a cup final" So I was agreeing with the opening post.

Otto Rehagel was sacked after he qualified for the UEFA Cup final with bayern munich in i think 1995 or 1996.

so there´is your example.

Otto Rehagel was sacked after he qualified for the UEFA Cup final with bayern munich in i think 1995 or 1996.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs-2Ig2LuouucEfm0yefQbWGp7COrBZl8LJ33w_lMStXaJFiPp

I remember that year it was when Bayern spanked Nottingham Forest in the quarter finals

Can't remember who it was in the game but Avram Grant got sacked by West Ham and they brought in a new manager. They were already relegated and there was about two games to go. The day after the manager took over, a message on the news screen read "West Ham close to sacking John Smith" one more bad result could seal his fate, etc. Why?? After the two remaining games, he got sacked!

Can't remember who it was in the game but Avram Grant got sacked by West Ham and they brought in a new manager. They were already relegated and there was about two games to go. The day after the manager took over, a message on the news screen read "West Ham close to sacking John Smith" one more bad result could seal his fate, etc. Why?? After the two remaining games, he got sacked!

lol same thing happened to me on fm10 when i took over forest green 7 points adrift with 10 games to go. On the eve of my first game got a message saying that the board had finally lost patience with me bad result in the next game and I would be sacked blah blah, fair enough really i had been there 4 days and not picked up a single point.

lol same thing happened to me on fm10 when i took over forest green 7 points adrift with 10 games to go. On the eve of my first game got a message saying that the board had finally lost patience with me bad result in the next game and I would be sacked blah blah, fair enough really i had been there 4 days and not picked up a single point.

Hope you got the win. How dare you have no points from no games!!

Ah and Udo Lattek was sacked in 1975 just after Bayern reached the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final against Leeds just to be replaced by Dettmar Cramer.

SO THERES YOURE EXAMPLE

This still misses the point!

The OP was making the point that it's unrealistic for any team to sack their manager JUST BEFORE THEY PLAY A MAJOR FINAL not just after they qualify for it.

Real Madrid do tend to sack managers after winning trophies but that's the point, AFTER they've won, not days before.

Personally I agree with the second post in the thread. It's so unlikely it's almost unheard of and if you play FM for 50 years of game time you should see it happen definitely no more than once.

Brazil sack there manager during World Cups, this also strikes me as unlikely to happen IRL.

Saudi Arabia sacked Carlos Alberto Parreira as manager during the 1998 World Cup, after they lost their first 2 games. They were already eliminated

This still misses the point!

The OP was making the point that it's unrealistic for any team to sack their manager JUST BEFORE THEY PLAY A MAJOR FINAL not just after they qualify for it.

Real Madrid do tend to sack managers after winning trophies but that's the point, AFTER they've won, not days before.

Personally I agree with the second post in the thread. It's so unlikely it's almost unheard of and if you play FM for 50 years of game time you should see it happen definitely no more than once.

Mate, what difference does this make? 2 weeks before the final (sacked after the semifinal) or 2 days before the final (sacked before the final). seriously.

That could happen. Are you asking them to script it not to happen? It should be able to happen but the probability should be very low

The standard 'defend the game at all costs' response on this forum. Do you really think this is normal? I completely agree with the TC, this shouldn't happen and would only happen IRL in very very bizzare circumstances, in FM it seems to happen a fair bit.

Ah and Udo Lattek was sacked in 1975 just after Bayern reached the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final against Leeds just to be replaced by Dettmar Cramer.

SO THERES YOURE EXAMPLE

get your facts right. No one sacks their manager after reaching the finals of a champions league.

Udo Lattek was sacked on the 2nd January 1975.

Cramer took over on the 16th January 1975.

The 1975 final took place in 28 May 1975.

edit: Rehgal was sacked because the domestic form of his team was horrible and Beckenbauer took over. In FM now, teams sack their manager for almost no reason.

This happened on mine. 2021/22 season. Man City finished the season 5th, thus not qualifying for next years CL. Manager was sacked... They then won the Champions League final (Carlo Ancelotti hailed as the mastermind, despite only being in charge for 1 day before the match) and therefore secured qualification for next years by winning it...:o

get your facts right. No one sacks their manager after reaching the finals of a champions league.

Udo Lattek was sacked on the 2nd January 1975.

Cramer took over on the 16th January 1975.

The 1975 final took place in 28 May 1975.

edit: Rehgal was sacked because the domestic form of his team was horrible and Beckenbauer took over. In FM now, teams sack their manager for almost no reason.

I think the opening post states this

"why oh why would a team who with not 4 days to go til the Champions League Final sack their manager!!!

They finished 7th so i guess its due to this as they didnt finish in the european places in their league????

makes no sense!"

Note * I have highlighted the opening posts part where it states the club finished 7th in the league as I believe that completely fits the criteria for why Otto Rehhagel was sacked from Bayern Munich as he performed badly in the league despite reaching a cup final!

So why don't you get your facts right!

I think the opening post states this

"why oh why would a team who with not 4 days to go til the Champions League Final sack their manager!!!

They finished 7th so i guess its due to this as they didnt finish in the european places in their league????

makes no sense!"

Note * I have highlighted the opening posts part where it states the club finished 7th in the league as I believe that completely fits the criteria for why Otto Rehhagel was sacked from Bayern Munich as he performed badly in the league despite reaching a cup final!

So why don't you get your facts right!

The Winner of the Champions league gets automatic qualification to the Champions league regardless of league position.

:D

The Winner of the Champions league gets automatic qualification to the Champions league regardless of league position.

:D

That's not a comeback.

The opening post stated he can only give the reason as to the manager being sacked before a cup final down to the fact the team underperformed in the league by finishing 7th much like the situation of Otto Rehhagel real life situation at Bayen Munich. Both cases the one in game and the one in real life are very much the same scenario.

It has nothing to do with qualifying for Europe the following season if you win the cup because the fact is you have to WIN the cup first!

That's not a comeback.

The opening post stated he can only give the reason as to the manager being sacked before a cup final down to the fact the team underperformed in the league by finishing 7th much like the situation of Otto Rehhagel real life situation at Bayen Munich. Both cases the one in game and the one in real life are very much the same scenario.

It has nothing to do with qualifying for Europe the following season if you win the cup because the fact is you have to WIN the cup first!

Yea, that's the only 1 example you can give.

So in 2005 should the Liverpool manager been sacked for finishing 5th but winning the Champions league?

You do know that in this game, the sacking is very random. The manager gets sack even if they fail by 1 spot. My Madrid sacked Benitez before the champions league final because of finishing 2nd in the league.

We only needed to give one example though nobody was ever trying to say it was right or wrong though. Someone on here said it never would happen in real life and somebody found a real life example to the opening post. You were the one trying to deny it I just corrected you.

The games AI doesn't recognise the fact it's in a cup final it recognises the managers performance is rubbish and acts accordingly.

As for the real life Liverpool situation if the Scousers weren't so blinkered by the European cup success and lived off it for another 5 years I'm pretty sure Benitez wouldn't of lasted as long as he did at the club looking at there steady decline since that win....

As for your game I can't say as in my game I don't have many sackings very few in fact. Managers rarely move on mine unless someone retires maybe the bigger the database and the more leagues you have running the more stable the sacking becomes...I don't know I'm just speculating.

We only needed to give one example though nobody was ever trying to say it was right or wrong though. Someone on here said it never would happen in real life and somebody found a real life example to the opening post. You were the one trying to deny it I just corrected you.

The games AI doesn't recognise the fact it's in a cup final it recognises the managers performance is rubbish and acts accordingly.

As for the real life Liverpool situation if the Scousers weren't so blinkered by the European cup success and lived off it for another 5 years I'm pretty sure Benitez wouldn't of lasted as long as he did at the club looking at there steady decline since that win....

As for your game I can't say as in my game I don't have many sackings very few in fact. Managers rarely move on mine unless someone retires maybe the bigger the database and the more leagues you have running the more stable the sacking becomes...I don't know I'm just speculating.

yea in mine and some others sackings happen quite often. like brazil sacking the manager before the world cup final? its strange. but well, see what SI has to say about it.

im running quite a few leagues. so who knows.. different computers and all. alot of factors involving.

Archived