Other nationalities flooding my competition

Hey all,

At the start of my game with Ajax in the Netherlands I selected a big db with all the players from South-America included. Since most talent always seems to come from the America's I obviously thought this was a good idea. Now, after a couple of seasons, I don't anymore. The complete division is being flooded by mediocre foreign players. And if it was just my own competition, but it's in EVERY competition, up to the Polish league. There are hardly any nationals in any team, with the exception of the youth teams. I have no clue whereas all those youngsters go, but they definitely don't go earning a contract at their own club. I try to keep some youngsters and not play with a complete Brazillian squad, but I've seen squads without ANY Dutch nationals. Since I'm waiting (*sigh*) for the last patch to start a serious game I don't really mind now, but I would hate to see all the competitions flood with foreigners again after starting a new game.

Of course, I could NOT select those players in my initial set-up. But with the gems of newgens I've found there I would like to keep it the way I selected it. Selecting every country is not an option and not really a solution either. I was wondering if any of you experienced this 'problem' too, or that I'm just whining about nothing. I've always had the idea that there's more talent being created by the newgen-engine in the South-America's. But maybe I'm wrong about that and the game balances itself out when I'm not selecting them.

Please shine a light on this :)

Cheers

If you've only loaded all players from South America then it makes sense that there will be more South American players in the initial database, and therefore more South American players coming through as the game goes on. I can't say I've seen this problem myself, but I always try to load a good few leagues, and all players from a good selection of countries.

True, but that isn't the case. I've loaded all the major European leagues with a big db. The players from South America are just an 'extra' so to speak. Surely a couple of good European newgens are there, but what happens now is just far from realism. Good to hear you don't have that problem :) I might just be unlucky.

Still wonder if anyone else recognises this though.

Archived