Advice for a relative newbie lost in a sea of options.

I've just bought FM11 after not playing since FM06. I want to start a game with no/fewest possible fake players, all international teams with real players, no fake comp names, as much real info in the database as possible, etc but I'm lost with all of the options out there. I need specific advice on what I need to download, preferences that I need to change, and how to make other changes so that I don't need to restart a new game right away. I already got the latest patch (and don't want to wait for the next one) and know that I need to delete some files to fix the German national team but I'm not sure about other issues that need to be fixed. For example, the last time I played FM I got deep into a game and then found that Harchester united was in the game since I didn't set the preference to remove them. I ended up trashing that long running save and restarting. Are there other hidden issues like that which need to be addressed before starting a game? If so, what are they and how do I fix them.

On databases, I'd like to get the most accurate info available but there seem to be many databases and transfer updates out and little info on which ones are best (meaning most accurate) and which ones make many CA/PA changes based on one person's opinion. Is it possible to get a database with all players at the right clubs at least for the top few leagues in each nation but avoid changes to CA/PA? Can one get the January player moves added as future transfers so that one can start the season with the same players that were there in reality?

How about club sales, manager changes, large budget changes, and stadium moves/expansions? Is there a good source for adding all of the real world events to the game? I've read a bit about the competition names issue but again it seems that there are numerous options and I'd like some advice on the most complete and accurate way to fix this issue. I don't care much about facepacks, kits, logos and other graphics changes but I would like to know if any of the major clubs have wrong/missing graphics.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Archived