Did you ever seen a GK receive a yellow/red card?

Well, the title said it all!

I'm playing my second season in my save, portuguese league, and so far after 1 season and a half no yellow or red card were showed to any gk from any team from the portuguese league!

I'm playing the Portuguese League as well. I actually had my own keeper receive a yellow card for time wasting! I know. I was surprised as well. Yes, technically he was, because I'd put time wasting on max in the 85th+ minute, 1-0 up against Benfica, I'm managing Sporting. I've seen opposition GKs' dwell on the ball for much, much longer and never even receive so much as a "hurry up", let alone a card. But, in years of playing FM, this is the only time I've ever seen it!

think i have seen a gk get sent off for handling the ball outside the area, and about one yella for timewasting ....but thats about it, and I agree that this kind of stuff is way to rare in the game, gk's geting sent off for professional fouls happen a few times every season irl

The other day my goalkeeper got a yellow card for a foul outside his box. :D It wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity - he was just insane enough to be ahead of my defenders in trying to get to the ball. Brilliant goalkeeper that unfortunately has "moments", like Barthez...

I couldn't get used to seeing his name in yellow, however.

think i have seen a gk get sent off for handling the ball outside the area, and about one yella for timewasting ....but thats about it, and I agree that this kind of stuff is way to rare in the game, gk's geting sent off for professional fouls happen a few times every season irl

I've had my 'keeper get a yellow for handling outside the area and asked in a thread if it should've been a red but apparently it's only a yellow card offence?

I've had my keeper sent off a couple of times in different saves due to him giving away penalties. It's rare but then again irl it doesn't happen every week.

I play FM since... 2005... and i never see a gk to give away a penalty.. for or agaisnt me! :(

I've had my 'keeper get a yellow for handling outside the area and asked in a thread if it should've been a red but apparently it's only a yellow card offence?

Handling outside the area by itself is a foul but may not even be worth a booking.

It depends on the context. Getting an advantage may result in a yellow card; deliberately denying a clear goalscoring opportunity as a result (i.e. rushing out of the box and tackling the opponent with your hands, "winning" the ball) is a likely red. But using your hands outside the penalty box is in itself not necessarily a booking.

Imagine a goalkeeper with nobody around him slipping and his hands and the ball exit the box - probably not a yellow, but a free-kick on the edge of the box as a result.

Never had my keeper booked either, in 2 full seasons of game time. Not sure about other keepers, but I haven't seen any in my games.

On a semi-related note, has anyone had their GK injured during the game? I just might be lucky, but I've never had to substitute my keeper during games, they just don't seem to get injured? (I bet my keeper will break down next game now that I've said that :p )

Handling outside the area by itself is a foul but may not even be worth a booking.

It depends on the context. Getting an advantage may result in a yellow card; deliberately denying a clear goalscoring opportunity as a result (i.e. rushing out of the box and tackling the opponent with your hands, "winning" the ball) is a likely red. But using your hands outside the penalty box is in itself not necessarily a booking.

Imagine a goalkeeper with nobody around him slipping and his hands and the ball exit the box - probably not a yellow, but a free-kick on the edge of the box as a result.

Yeah, that was the main responses I got in my thread. It was basically a long ball from their cb and my 'keeper just ran out a little too far and caught it, no oppo players around him or anything so maybe he shouldn't have even got a yellow card thinking about it.

As Man City, I was playing Everton. I'd already gone 1-0 down, when the tactics screen suddenly comes up. It turns out Akinfeev had been sent off (with no highlight shown), and I later found out this was for handling outside the box.

I managed to win 2-1 as Shay Given played his first game of the season as if he'd been playing all year.

The nice touch was that the headline for the news at the end of the game referred to the 'keeper's red mist, so SI obviously program in a GK red card as more than just possible.

As Man City, I was playing Everton. I'd already gone 1-0 down, when the tactics screen suddenly comes up. It turns out Akinfeev had been sent off (with no highlight shown), and I later found out this was for handling outside the box.

I managed to win 2-1 as Shay Given played his first game of the season as if he'd been playing all year.

The nice touch was that the headline for the news at the end of the game referred to the 'keeper's red mist, so SI obviously program in a GK red card as more than just possible.

Had almost the exact same thing happen to me recently, managing Man City, Akinfeev in goals, gets straight red and penalty against for a professional foul. Luckily for me had Rene Adler on the bench who came on and although he didn't save the pen we still went on to win the match.

i would picture it to have looked a bit like this one from a few days ago:

[video=youtube;l_-tax7ABRg]

on my final fm10 save as arsenal i had 3 goalkeepers sent off before christmas - fabianski and almunia (2) both on the wrong end of dismissals. also had szczesny sent off the next season too.

regarding handling outside the box - handball is a yellow card offence, denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is a red card offence - hence if a goalkeeper just mistakenly handles the ball outside the box it is only worthy of a yellow card, but if in doing so he denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, then it is a red card offence. hope that clears that up.

Never had my keeper booked either, in 2 full seasons of game time. Not sure about other keepers, but I haven't seen any in my games.

On a semi-related note, has anyone had their GK injured during the game? I just might be lucky, but I've never had to substitute my keeper during games, they just don't seem to get injured? (I bet my keeper will break down next game now that I've said that :p )

i have also had goalkeepers injured in-game, rarely but once or twice. i also lose my goalkeepers to injuries in training fairly frequently too. none of my stoppers go all season without at least a knock.

Does anyone else keep seeing keepers handling outside the area (in the 3d match view) even though the game obviously deems the player to be inside the box, because there's no free kicks or anything? It happens incredibly often in may games when the keeper comes out to pick up a long ball and dives forward at the edge of the box to pick up the ball. The goalkeeper's body is in the area but his arms are stretched and he catches the ball outside the box (i.e. his arms straddle the line).

Does anyone else keep seeing keepers handling outside the area (in the 3d match view) even though the game obviously deems the player to be inside the box, because there's no free kicks or anything? It happens incredibly often in may games when the keeper comes out to pick up a long ball and dives forward at the edge of the box to pick up the ball. The goalkeeper's body is in the area but his arms are stretched and he catches the ball outside the box (i.e. his arms straddle the line).

yes absolutely

Archived