how good is C ronaldo in the game really....

hmmm, might have made bit of mistake here. got away from my normal tactic of payer development and signed ronaldo for....100million piounds! and so far (ok only 5 games) seems to be waste of cash! my newgens have actually turned out to be better than him! i didnt knwo this when i signed him...both my winger newgens had a great summer and really progressed in stats (one guy went crossing 16 to 20 , corners 15 to 19, dribbling 14 to 18 and pace up to 19 also!)....

anyway ronaldo keeps geting 6 ratings! even with the press interaction tryign to get him to improve and my newly fantastic newgens and gettign 8s....

so ronaldos stats arent amazing...but do his PPMs make up fo rit or have you found he performs better than his stats make it look...

thanks

hmmm, might have made bit of mistake here. got away from my normal tactic of payer development and signed ronaldo for....100million piounds! and so far (ok only 5 games) seems to be waste of cash! my newgens have actually turned out to be better than him! i didnt knwo this when i signed him...both my winger newgens had a great summer and really progressed in stats (one guy went crossing 16 to 20 , corners 15 to 19, dribbling 14 to 18 and pace up to 19 also!)....

anyway ronaldo keeps geting 6 ratings! even with the press interaction tryign to get him to improve and my newly fantastic newgens and gettign 8s....

so ronaldos stats arent amazing...but do his PPMs make up fo rit or have you found he performs better than his stats make it look...

thanks

You should ahve done your research before you made sucha big signing. If I were your chairman I'd sack you.

He always plays well in my game, constantly scores against me. I don't think I could ever afford to bring him to Newcastle, nor indeed would I spend that kind of money! I don't need him either with Ricardo Quaresma (A snip of a signign at £10million) doing so well out on the right for me and Sebastien Leto (£6Million) performing equally as good on the left!

Let this be a lesson to you, in football there's always someone cheaper who is just as good! i can't think of any player I'd break my strict transfer budget and wage structure for, theres always some cheaper hot prospect available if you look hard enough!

i think the only reason madrid are after him is becasue they know they can get a slice of the pie that he going to be eating. theres a big hole to fill in thier bank balance thats been there since becks left.

i dont think his 'talent' is worth 100 million, just its a good investment for the money hey would make off him.

Don't be too hasty.

I spent all my hard-earned to bring Torres to Spurs and throughout the first season he was carp, consistently getting a 6 rating and spurning easy chances.

I'm just starting my second season with him and he's got off to a blinder in the friendlies. your Ronaldo may turn out the same.

Also, maybe you need to tune your tactics to best accommodate him - give him a free role.

ugh yeah was a silly one. guess i was getting a little bored with the winning most things so thought...screw it...and anyways..its not real money and took away a rivals main player. no good having the virtual pounds in the bank huh...but still not exaclty optimum signing. my entire squad is very strong...and had no idea my yngters would get so good so quickly. silly me icon_frown.gif

on a side note...free role? what exactly would it do to aid ronaldo's performance?

oh im arsenal and he is 6 years old..... im in my 5th or 6th season cant rememebr and won the EPL 4 in row now, no reloads or funny buisness....thinking of retiring from arsena land moving on to low leager bringing them up. gets bit tiring HAVING to win almost every game as it takes away the fun a bit. but am manager of italy and dunno if this would lower my reputation thus losign me the nat job

That's true, with a big player like that in your side you are probably best giving him time to settle. Adjusting your tactics to revolve around him a little more is also a good idea.

Ive signed a few players that got off to bad starts myself.

I signed him on the cheap when he was about 29 after Man U went bust. He took until about Christmas to start performing and didnt get his first goal until the FA cup in Jan. Against a far lower team, and that was penalty. Avg rating was about 6.80. He went on from this ended the season with a 7.30 (ish) rating and I only varied my tactics very slightly over that period.

Not sure if it was tactical or if one his hidden attributes is low adaptability.

Ive never got him to perform amazing until my latest save, where I have him in the AMR position with a farrow to the central strikers role. He was my top scorer icon_biggrin.gif

He has great stats as a forward, 15+ for finishing, composure, heading, pace, jumping, strength, etc., so maybe retrain him and use him as a second striker? Also, though his free kick stat isnt amazing, he scores some blinders thanks to his PPM of "hits free kicks with power"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johno:

on a side note...free role? what exactly would it do to aid ronaldo's performance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With his mental atts like creativity and flair, a free role would allow him to express himself more, roaming around from left to right and down the centre as he does IRL.

Archived