Bring back this feature SI!!

Hey lads,

I dont remember exactly when SI abolished this feature, but I liked it, as I consider myself a conservative manager.

The feature was 'Men behind ball' in the team instructions.

I for one, liked this feature, as I still wanted my team to attack, however, I wanted all my players to get behind the ball when the opposition had the ball. Hence I liked to have players with their stamina at least being 13 and above, so they could run up and back throughout the game

I dont know why SI got rid of this feature, and I guess people could discuss why they did. And perhaps why it should be re-implemented, as I believe it is used IRL. (eg, Ian Holloway in an interview stated that his success with Blackpool in the EPL was to get 'Men behind the ball' but also be confident in scoring.

I hope SI re-enstates this feature for future versions, as it would definitely help out with my philosphy.

Discuss

Hey lads,

I dont remember exactly when SI abolished this feature, but I liked it, as I consider myself a conservative manager.

The feature was 'Men behind ball' in the team instructions.

I hope SI re-enstates this feature for future versions, as it would definitely help out with my philosphy.

No discussion needed... I like it :thup:

i would imagine now they use real refs there will be legal reasons to consider, also the feature was terrible it never worked, nothing ever changed if you did complain it was purely a cosmetic thing which added no real purpose.

I think the "men behind the ball" has been replaced with more advanced tactics options, so you can set your team to sit back more rather than just a team instruction to do so, which gives you more control over who does actually sit back.

I would like the options to 'postpone game' and 'complain about a referee' back. The men behind ball was good for when I used to attack as well, but when you want all your players back. Yeah I wouldn't mind it back :thup:

The game engine makes the 'postpone game' option unneeded, because you never get matches etc. everyday unless there's a bug...so you don't need it.

I agree with the complain about referee one though.

The game engine makes the 'postpone game' option unneeded, because you never get matches etc. everyday unless there's a bug...so you don't need it.

if we had the 'postpone match' option back, when SI balls it up and we have to play a match with the u18's and greys cos the rest of the squad are away on international duty we could POSTPONE it instead ;)

bring back the ref complain, I've been saying it for ages, and I forgot about the men behind the ball option, but wasn't it part of the TE when we had "gung-ho" too?

I had a couple of games back then where players were away on international duty and I had to get games postponed - usually during the Asian or African cups.

IIRC complain about referee was taken out because real life managers no longer have any formal way to complain to the FA about a referee. The referees are monitored by assessors in the stands instead now.

I don't see that Men behind the ball is actually needed any more. Men will stay behind the ball if you give them the right roles and duties, and depending on what strategy/philosophy and touchline shouts you use. We now have far more control than the simple men behind ball checkbox allowed.

IIRC complain about referee was taken out because real life managers no longer have any formal way to complain to the FA about a referee. The referees are monitored by assessors in the stands instead now.

I don't see that Men behind the ball is actually needed any more. Men will stay behind the ball if you give them the right roles and duties, and depending on what strategy/philosophy and touchline shouts you use. We now have far more control than the simple men behind ball checkbox allowed.

I sort of disagree here. For example, If my AMC is a treqaurista, how can I make him 'get behind the ball' and help out the defence. This checkbox should be reinstated IMO.

I sort of disagree here. For example, If my AMC is a treqaurista, how can I make him 'get behind the ball' and help out the defence. This checkbox should be reinstated IMO.

you wouldnt set him to that position if you wanted him to track back in the first place, completely the wrong role if thats what you want him to do, no players in real life who are given that much attacking freedom track back. He would be the one player you would leave free to pick up the ball and start attacking.

Simply you would sit your defense back, change player roles and limit forward runs from anyone in defense or midfield, you have miles more control over it now than you did when it was just a check box or some arrows.

Archived