The best player from your academy so far?

(Hopefully there's no thread like this, if there is damn the search feature for failing me)

Just wondering what's the best player you've had come out of your academy so far, regardless of where they are now.

Mine would have to be this kid here, he may not look amazing to any of you but for someone out of my academy he's brilliant to me, he excels at the poacher role due to his immense physicals, reminds me of an improved Walcott in some regards.

I can't fit him in my side however as I have 3 strikers who could easily be regarded as the best strikers in the world and well tbh he just can't beat them, I've been letting him shine in the cup however where he's been brilliant.

melgoldbergprofileattri.png

He is absaloutely insane, I'd even go as far as to say he's one of the top 2 full backs I've ever seen.

Cheers for the big compliment mate. I have a couple other youth players from a FM08 save that are good but they have nowhere near the ability as Javier. He's my best and favourite (newgen) player of all-time. :)

Also have a very good 17 year old Ukrainian striker on my current career game but I got him from another club.

I've posted Stuart English up before, the best ever academy player I've had on any FM (that was FM10.)

My best on FM11 is probably Danny Lowe;

DannyLoweProfile_Attributes.png

Been playing him in the first team since he appeared, tutored him with Kevin Thomson and Owen Hargreaves, and he's been first choice for a couple of seasons now. Made him vice-captain this year, and he finally scored his first goal for me. Super solid anchor man.

Here's my son!!! who i got through at Atletico Madrid. I had my Nationality set as english so i don't know why he choose Spain as i got him 2nd season into game.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforth.png

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforthHistory.png

decided to sell him as he wasn't getting into my squad on a reguler basis and i wanted to see what he could achieve.

This guy came through Liverpools ranks before I joined them, he's essentially a new Gerrard, but better. I'm claiming him though as mine as I'm a Liverpool fan and holidayed the game to 2020 with the intention of taking them over as soon as I got back from holiday. Forms a deadly midfield diamond with Shelvey, a diminutive yet awesome AMC from Brazil, and a 6'6 monster of of a DM from Romania.

2ebfmev.jpg

If any of the player who come through in my reign improve enough, I'll post there here too.

Here's my son!!! who i got through at Atletico Madrid. I had my Nationality set as english so i don't know why he choose Spain as i got him 2nd season into game.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforth.png

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/cutty_02/?action=view&current=SamCutforthHistory.png

decided to sell him as he wasn't getting into my squad on a reguler basis and i wanted to see what he could achieve.

One of the best sons I've seen in the game. Good dad by sending him off to another club to achieve things rather than keeping him on a long term deal - *cough* aussieant *cough* ;)

One of the best sons I've seen in the game. Good dad by sending him off to another club to achieve things rather than keeping him on a long term deal - *cough* aussieant *cough* ;)

Yeah he was a good player but my At. Madrid team were world beaters at that time and i had 2 top top players in his position. As you seen he only got 12 league games in his last few seasons and hasn't been gettin many at other clubs either.

hey, he got a sub appearance in the Europa League Final, judging by his stats that better than he'd get at any other club :p

hey, he got a sub appearance in the Europa League Final, judging by his stats that better than he'd get at any other club :p

Aha, at least he's not completely useless like someone with all 1's for technicals, mentals, physicals and hidden attributes :p

Both of these guys came from my first major save in FM10 where I played for 6 years.

magallanes.jpg

He became one of the best players in the game. Played him at box-box midfielder along with either Hamsik or Rodwell/Essien (depending on if I wanted offense or defense) and I believe he won player of the year once, averaging almost a 7.7 on the season, with my striker (Dzeko) also winning it once averaging 7.65. The best part about it, is look how low his salary is (remember it's in American dollars). He was making the least amount of money out of my entire starting 11 and main 7 subs.

lifetime league average of 7.29 (129 apps, 28 goals, 27 assists, 15 man of match)

halfway through 2014-2015 season, averaging 3.5 tackles a game, 84% pass completion, and 7.6 rating

delarenta.jpg

Was training him to be a centreback as his natural position was DMC.

had a regen called Andy O'Keeffe on an 8 season save on fm10, where i started with him at arsenal (no screenie left) when i left arsenal i signed him at villarreal whom i had taken from the foot of la liga to 1 point off a champions league place in 13 games. but he was a hard working forward, good technique, great in the air, and a really good brain too, scored several times off the bench for me in my last year at arsenal, and played in my champions league final, and scored our first penalty of the shoot out, which we lost

Ooh, my first genuinely interesting possibly world beating Middlesbrough regen has come through! I have a couple of Premier League squad players (and one guy who could become a quality DM), but this is the first guy thats had me really excited.

VictorEzehProfile_Attributes.png

I can't help feel that with a name like that, whenever he scores I won't be able to help myself from going;

[video=youtube;HoiacZrKpBc]

Just curious, but why does his hair change from the initial picture to year 1? Does the picture for the newgens change (never noticed that before)?

Edit: quoting

Not sure. Maybe he just changed haircuts cuz he hated his old one. :p

Although if you install a hairpack, then your newgen's hair will also change once you reload the skin.

Archived