Worth buying for FM?

Would this be a good laptop to play football manager??

•Processor: AMD Turion II dual-core processor P540 (2.4GHz)

•Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM

•Hard drive: 500GB SATA (7200rpm)

•Optical disc drive: LightScribe Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD-/+R/RW double layer

•Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 with 512MB DDR3 dedicated RAM (1366 x 768)

•Audio: built-in Altec Lansing speakers - Dolby Advanced Digital

•LAN: 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet

•Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n

•Bluetooth

•Keyboard: full-sized island-style (no numeric keypad)

•Mouse: HP Clickpad with Multi-Touch gesture and On/Off button

•Battery: six-cell lithium-ion (up to three hours of life)

•Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 37.8 cm x 3.08 cm (9.6" x 14.9" x 1.2")

•Laptop starting weight: 2.43kg

Ok, i personally think its pretty stupid to buy a laptop for FM...its more intelligent to buy a new laptop for some high-end game. For FM, all you need 1 GB Ram and an OK processor. A good video card if you want 3d matches but otherwise, a crap laptop would do.

Honestly, I have bought multiple laptops that were "geared" towards gaming. All of them fried pretty much. The thing that laptops really break on is the cooling really, so unless you own a coolingpad or whatever just get a better PC and buy a laptop for just office, e-mail and other work related stuff.

I don't know why there are so many questions about this- FM is not very taxing on any machine. Until recently, I had a crappy Dell I got in 2006 and ran FM09 and FM10 just fine, I got a new computer this past summer and, yes, it runs better and can run more leagues, but, to be completely serious, nearly any modern laptop will be able to run FM just fine.

Archived