Is It a Sin?

I took the Liverpool job a few years back and I must say it never felt right. I left, sacked, after about 7 months as I just couldn't get them to play. I never really wanted to go there but had been left with little choice. I ended up taking Spurs to the title the year after instead and Liverpool were relegated.

It depends on how much you dislike a rival team...

Personally I couldn't bring myself to manage Molde, Brann or Vålerenga, while I'm mostly indifferent toward Lillestrøm and I wouldn't mind a job at other clubs.

Elsewhere there are many other clubs I wouldn't really enjoy "working for", e.g. Man City, Inter and Napoli.

But in the end it's all about making a name for ourselves, so if a short spell at a rival club can be a huge leap forward I'll just try to do my best (without building up a long-term plan though ;))

As a Luton fan I don't see that much of a problem playing as Watford. On the old CM's, I actually won promotion to the EPL back in the days of Marlon King and Ashley Young and had a good stint with them on either 09/10. But yes, it's still a sin :p

I wouldn't be able to consider managing the likes of Stevenage or Boreham Wood (I'm a St Albans City fan). Having said that, I have managed Hitchin Town on a previous version of FM and they are Hertfordshire rivals, but I have a soft spot for them and they aren't really 'fierce rivals' these days (although in the past, I'm told the rivalry was pretty big).

The other team I couldn't ever manage is Manchester United. They aren't rivals of the team that I support, obviously, but I just detest them. :D

That's just wrong! Hang your head in shame!

I know :(. I could just imagine an 'in-game' me lifting the trophy on the pitch celebration thing at the end of season but instead of my Watford tracksuit or an actual suit, I'd be in a Luton top :cool:

i could never manage sunderland, players though is different some who play or have played for them i would sign like bent, gyan, onouha because i liked them before they signed and just can't see them being sunderland through and through. Then again players like richardson, cattermole, henderson and especially on any version ever kevin philips i just couldnt sign....that is a sin!!!

Took over Sunderland one time. I left my job as Plymouth Argyle to manage in Belgium, didn't really get on with the league so I resigned. Took me absolutely ages to get a job so when Sunderland offered I had to accept, as much as it sickened me being a Newcastle fan. Still, got them promoted from the Championship and left them after 8 months in the job for a much better one so it worked out well. Still, was a huge tarnish on my record even if I did win the Championship with them. Don't think I'd be able to do it again.

As an Everton fan, when I was younger I never really fully understood the rivalry on Merseyside so I used to be Liverpool and not worry about it too much. But as I got older and particulry from 2004 (when Everton were competing with Liverpool in the league) I started to hate every tiny thing about them, especially the deluded, blind sighted fans who feel they have some divine right to be at the top. I live with Liverpool fans these day and I hate Liverpool, nearly as much as I love Everton. I would never be them now and I do everything in my power on the game to make sure they fail, which is very hard to do when you are not thier manager!

*Que the defensive deluded Liverpool fans*

*cough* Andy Carroll for £35m *cough* West Ham 3-1 Liverpool, Liverpool 1-1 Wigan *cough*

Sorry couldn't resist.... :) On a side note I don't really mind being Man Utd.

Archived