Leo Messi as a DM in Best 11?

fcbarcelonahistorybeste.th.png

Why is Messi listed as a DM? Does this mean he would have played some of his career in this position. The strikers and all the midfield have lower ratings than he did over his career, am or missing something or is this a bit strange?

fcbarcelonahistorybeste.th.png

Why is Messi listed as a DM? Does this mean he would have played some of his career in this position. The strikers and all the midfield have lower ratings than he did over his career, am or missing something or is this a bit strange?

The only thing i can think of is that he must have finished a good part of his career at dm, certainly would be capable as a playmaker there. otherwise its very weird

This is the formation they have used for the past few decades, doesn't make sense why he would not be at RM as he is better than the guy who is there at the moment. Unless themadsheep is right and he played as a deep playmaker towards the end of his career.

Was dodgy last year too. On mine by world class striker, who played for Liverpool for 15 or so years, 800+ appearances, 600+ plus goals, who later dropped back to AMC and also CM at times, got put at DM in the best 11. Which was madness, he never actually played there, I checked on him even after I left the club(after 8 years of him being there)

Fixed it for you.

You do realise it's the OVERALL best eleven. While you may be right, what's more likely. The best 11 has put the real Messi in there(as he undoubtedly should be) in the wrong position, or the game has come up with another player with the same name who happens to play for barca and is just as good. It's the former.

The only thing i can think of is that he must have finished a good part of his career at dm, certainly would be capable as a playmaker there. otherwise its very weird

I did that with him. Was an amazing playmaker next to 2 **** kickers doing the dirty work and it prolonged his career for another 5 years

TBH the best 11 is almost always kinda messed up.You know, when at the end of a season you get this message about the best 11 of the season and of all time and blablabla...and when you actually look at it you'll find out that they put your midfield maestro on the bench and some guy who played like 4 times over the course of the whole friggin' season is in the starting 11.

That might be the formation they used most and just put him in as he couldnt be left out.. :S

This. On the best eleven screen FM usually does put players in the position they never played in or not familiar with so they wouldn't be left out.

It's for sure weird, but anyway i always edit the database so Messi is not listed as Midfielder as he is by default, but forward or attacking midfielder, else he ends playing more as CM than ATM or Forward.

I think it's because sometimes the player just can't be left out. It's been in for a while now - Alessio Cerci, a winger/forward, was best as a central midfielder in my FM08 game, which was easily his worst position for me.

Archived