How did i not qualify!!!!!!!

This is not a complaint, But i just do not understand how i did not qualify from the group stage of the Champions League!

The league ended like this

P  W  D  L  F   A  Pts
Inter       6  4  0  2  15  10  12
Fenerbache  6  3  2  1  9   7   11
Spurs       6  3  2  1  12  6   11
Cluj        6  0  0  6  5   18   0

I know the rules for qualification,

And as i understand it, it is based on Results beteween the 2 level teams (no mention of away goals), then Goal Difference, then Goals Scored and then the coefficent

We drew 2-2 at White Hart Lane and 1-1 at Fenerbache, so equal results 2 draws

Goal difference is +6 to +2 in Spurs Favour

Goals Scored is 12 to 9 in Spurs Favour

Coefficent i dont know but wouldnt have got that far

So i have no idea why Fenerbache went through

Does anyone have any idea?

Or have i just been royaly Sc****d

That was my thought as well but checked the rules and it just states results between the two teams so is 2 draws,

When they have these rules i understand that they put it in a league format and see who is top, so in this instance would have been dead level

I assumed it would then move on to the next criteria which would have been goal difference

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. superior goal difference from all group matches played;
  5. higher number of goals scored;
  6. higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

http://en.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/42/49/1484249_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So:

1. Even, 2 a piece

2. Even, 0

3. Fener 2, Spurs 1

...and that's how you didn't go through.

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. superior goal difference from all group matches played;
  5. higher number of goals scored;
  6. higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

http://en.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/42/49/1484249_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So:

1. Even, 2 a piece

2. Even, 0

3. Fener 2, Spurs 1

...and that's how you didn't go through.

Only word for this is GUTTED

Especially as we did Inter 4 - 0 at the Lane

Archived