Simple question - simple answer needed

I've been thinking of buying FM 2011 since the release however so far have decided not to buy it because of many bugs reported by people on this forum, etc. In some threads I have seen people even say that 'the game is not playable'.

It was some time ago though and some patches were released since then so now my question is: IS FM2011 STILL NOT PLAYABLE? It would be nice to see your opinion with some examples (if it's NO - say what's wrong, if YES - what's been fixed in patches).

Last version I played was FM 2009 (I ignored 2010 as I didn't have much time to play then) so if someone could briefly compare 2009 vs 2011 (realism & pleasure of playing are most important for me) it would be very helpful I guess.

Hoping for some constructive discussion.

PS. Is there any thread where users can post their suggestions for new features or changes in the next version of the game?

Buy it..

The game is not unplayable its just everyone thinks it should be bug-free...

The bugs now are only minor and if you didnt read the forums you wouldnt even notice them..

The transfer bug was fixed which was the main bug..

And now it is a great game and should be as close to perfect as it can be after the next patch :)

I brought FM 2011 at midnight on release date and have played it every day since and I've never had a problem with it. Unless you're one of these people that dissect every aspect of the game then it's easily playable. I don't think some people understand the huge job that SI do in making a game of this magnitude.

Why did you let people on a forum make up your mind over whether to buy the game or not?

Buy it..

The game is not unplayable its just everyone thinks it should be bug-free...

The bugs now are only minor and if you didnt read the forums you wouldnt even notice them..

The transfer bug was fixed which was the main bug..

And now it is a great game and should be as close to perfect as it can be after the next patch :)

Depends on your point of view I guess. For me, the bug regarding Spanish B-teams is almost game breaking. If that and most of the other bugs are fixed in the new patch, then it'll be a great game for sure. As of now it's playable but feels unfinished.

Depends on your point of view I guess. For me, the bug regarding Spanish B-teams is almost game breaking. If that and most of the other bugs are fixed in the new patch, then it'll be a great game for sure. As of now it's playable but feels unfinished.

I never play in the Spanish leagues so that one doesnt affect me.. :)

Thats why I didnt notice that one... But other than that :) there are very few other bugs..

apart from a very small minority the game was always playable.

there have been a few major bugs but it is the same as every year. most can put up with them or work around them but there are always a few people who believe that these bugs equal the end of the world

Does that make it less legitimate? Just because you play in a league where the problems aren't a problem, everything is dandy? The whole "it works for me, so it's perfect"-attitude gets a bit old eventually.

Joseph Davis - I'm not letting forum users to decide, I am just trying to get some opinion and as you can see just after few minutes I know something more (before it was basically seeing only complaints and frustration in Bugs section) and I guess it will help ME to make decision ;)

Thank for the immediate answers everyone, much appreciated (and more posts will be even more appreciated ;)

Cheers

Does that make it less legitimate? Just because you play in a league where the problems aren't a problem, everything is dandy? The whole "it works for me, so it's perfect"-attitude gets a bit old eventually.

No game is bug free........ At least SI fix them..

Yeah nearly as old as its "unplayable" comments makes me think some of us have diffrent versions to others

Be intresting to know how many of the moaners have legit copies !!

i bought the PC version and am very happy

i got the psp version as a christmas present and im glad i didnt buy it out of my own money.

No real up dates, the skin hasnt changed that much hoping for a vast improvement if they bring it out of the PSP2

I have a legit copy, and the receipt, and I haven't played FM11 since before the New Year because, despite what some moron said about the bugs being unnoticeable, they very much are noticeable to the point that the game, while sort of playable, is very very annoying to play. The ME flaws are frustrating, the Current tactic and inability to tinker with tactics properly is incredibly annoying, the constant "player x must be stopped" just makes me want to throttle somebody, not because of it's effect, but simply because it is every bloody game!

"should I buy?" - simple answer, yes but... don't play it till 11.3 is released ;)

the game has been playable since day 1. Don't worry about when people say it is unplayable, they only say that because they were successfull in fm10 but not in fm11 so blame the apparant buge in the game instead of their inability to succeed on this hard game.

FM11 is a fair bit harder than fm10 but if you tinker around and never give up, you indeed will succeed and the feeling will be magnificent, kind of like when Birmingham won the League Cup today !

Spanish B clubs are like your reserves, no 1 really takes notice of the reserves side, you can't manage a reserves side so why does it create so much heartbreak for you ? The board only care how you handle with the First Team so that should be your only priority.

So no, it is indeed not game breaking.

The only minor bug is the tactics, supposedly some people have to put them up in every match, dunno if they have heard of actually saving the tactic *sigh*.

Spanish B clubs are like your reserves, no 1 really takes notice of the reserves side, you can't manage a reserves side so why does it create so much heartbreak for you ? The board only care how you handle with the First Team so that should be your only priority.

The only minor bug is the tactics, supposedly some people have to put them up in every match, dunno if they have heard of actually saving the tactic *sigh*.

You can play as the 'B' teams if you have the league loaded..

I didn't know that. Interesting, but really if you were managing a B side, wouldn't be just like managing a feeder club for a higher reputation club ?

Iv never managed one but thats what I thought itd be like.. Id like to sign my own players and keep them in my team not have them move to the seniors..

the game has been playable since day 1. Don't worry about when people say it is unplayable, they only say that because they were successfull in fm10 but not in fm11 so blame the apparant buge in the game instead of their inability to succeed on this hard game.

FM11 is a fair bit harder than fm10 but if you tinker around and never give up, you indeed will succeed and the feeling will be magnificent, kind of like when Birmingham won the League Cup today !

So now I'm not able to play the game as well as *probably* owning a pirate copy?

I'll have you know that I was happy with my progress during the games I played, Two promotions in successive seasons is pretty good, top of the table in my other save, but both of them so badly bugged that I personally felt that the game was unplayable!

Don't start making assumptions that you can not back up or have no evidence of. I've been playing FM and CM since the CM2 days and I am perfectly capable of playing FM11 if it wasn't bloody broken!

So now I'm not able to play the game as well as *probably* owning a pirate copy?

I'll have you know that I was happy with my progress during the games I played, Two promotions in successive seasons is pretty good, top of the table in my other save, but both of them so badly bugged that I personally felt that the game was unplayable!

Don't start making assumptions that you can not back up or have no evidence of. I've been playing FM and CM since the CM2 days and I am perfectly capable of playing FM11 if it wasn't bloody broken!

The games never been close to broken.. Its the best version since 08 and its better than that!!

Yeah nearly as old as its "unplayable" comments makes me think some of us have diffrent versions to others

Be intresting to know how many of the moaners have legit copies !!

Now that remark is just borderline unintelligent.

You apparently don't know what you're talking about. The bug with the Spanish B-teams is that they function as independent clubs instead of being correctly associated with their parent team. E.g. Real Madrid and Castilla. This results in 1.: B-team bankruptcy if you decide to let your well paid young talented players go there to get match experience. "Why", you may ask. Well, because the players' salaries are then taken over by Castilla, which sadly have their own finances separate from Real Madrid. 2.: You can't tutor players in B-teams. 3.: You can't supervise B-team players' training - you can, however, ask them to learn preferred moves. It may not be truly game breaking, but it's certainly not working as intended and the results after a few years are that almost all B-teams will be bankrupt and relegated, leaving the possibility of nationalising players quite problematic.

Dunno if you've heard about talking out your rear with no knowledge of what you're commenting on.

Lastly, please don't assume you have the right to tell me what my priorities should be.

And for the record. I preordered this game, had to wait longer than most others because Byteshield messed up and wasn't ready on release day and now, 3 months later, I still have to wait for a version that is bug free enough to be called acceptable. Just because the majority play in the catered for English divisions, it doesn't mean everybody does.

Archived