Cup Finals

I am sure majority of us have just watched Birmingham do the biggest upset of the season. Look how special and how wonderful that cup final looks, look how the keeper flopped it at the end from pressure.

How come on FM, cup finals are just like any other match, nothing special happens, no hype, no special taunts towards the other managers or targeting players or even simply having the board say something more significant than, keep the celebrations to a minimum :/

Would be a nice addition to FM12

You can already taunt managers, and sometimes you may get a message about a player driving on the team or challenging them to win the next 3 games (to secure the title). But with the whole 3D match engine and all, after the victory it would be nice to see all the players in the centre of the pitch lifting up the trophy and lots of confetti around, to make it a bit more special. It would require a few new animations and that's about it, and possibly a picture of it if you can't/don't use the 3D.

You get a load of news items about it, but I agree, there should be more made. I don't think you could capture the atmosphere of real life, but maybe you could have "[club captain] and [vice captain] collect the trophy for the club", show them celebrating on the pitch, show players receiving their medals, etc. Trophies maybe aren't practical because SI don't own the licenses.

OP, the board only says keep celebrations to a minimum when your favourite for a cup anyway, when i won the champions league with arsenal the board were delighted cos they only expected me to reach the quarters, but when i won the europa league the season before they just said keep it to a minimum cos i was expected to go to the finals anyway

Archived