Players losing club ranking

I've got a few players in the legend/icon/favoured personnel rankings for my club, but recently my legendary striker has dropped down to iconic again.

Why does that happen? The only change is that we've been promoted, but the guy has been an absolute beast for the 5 years we've had the pleasure of his service. Surely if you become a legend that's it set in stone. He's our captain too, and still is. I'm gutted for him really, as every year I do my best to push him to be the league's best player every season, and the only reason he didn't get it two years on the trot (during back-to-back promotions) is because my winger (unbelievably) just about outplayed him.

I'm confused as to why a player would drop in the club's estimation like that. Any reasons?

I don't think many would look back at Raul's time at Madrid and not consider him a legendary figure in their history. Sure, (in real life) it might have been time for him to depart, and the fans appreciate that, but forget everything he's ever done?... no.

I just don't think it these statuses should be achievable in game if you can then lose them... unless of course it's completely warranted, where a player has screwed the club over.

Happens IRL, too

Raul has gone from pretty much legend in everybody's eyes to "good riddance, about time" to around half of Real Madrid database.

happened to him with the national side too, right up until euro 2008 the spanish press gave aragones a hard time over his exclusion, he stormed out of a press conference after asking journalists how many trophies spain had won with raul. But nowadays he is not missed.

Archived