"New Kids in the Youth Team" question

Is there a way to choose the nationality (or at least increase the probability of a specific nationality) of the new kids aside from the generic nation you play in?

i.e. English Teams get mostly English regens. Can i choose my team to get Korean regens for example?

P.S. I hope someone can actually tell us if it's really possible or impossible.

You need to improve your 'youth scouting network' to get kids from further afield. The lower that is the more local your youth team players will be, increase it they come from further out. I'm not sure if it can go as far as Korea though.

not sure but prehaps having your 2nd nationalitly for the manager as "korean" might help due to knowledge?

or as your youth team are made up as regens having your first team made up of "koreans" might boost your chances?

Nope, my manager is Korean (north) and have had no Koreans yet. You can't choose which nationality your regens will have, aside from the country you manage in, eg. German teams, as well as producing Germans, produce lots of:

Turks

Bosnians

Poles

Austrians

Swiss

Italians

Kazakhs

Iranians

Montenegrins

Albanians

Dutch

Malians

and Congolese players.

The reason why I all of a sudden wondered about this was because a few years back, it was possible to edit the region where youth newgens would come from. It was not FM though... just some 'other' football manager game that I never play anymore. ;)

Nope, my manager is Korean (north) and have had no Koreans yet. You can't choose which nationality your regens will have, aside from the country you manage in, eg. German teams, as well as producing Germans, produce lots of:

Turks

Bosnians

Poles

Austrians

Swiss

Italians

Kazakhs

Iranians

Montenegrins

Albanians

Dutch

Malians

and Congolese players.

Cheers for clearing that up, could it be anything to do with the leagues rep?

e.g a lower rep league like Finland you might get more/only finnish players yet england/spain the chances are increased offurther a feild nations ?

Basically the majority of regens will be from the counrty your stadium is in and the few foreign regens you get will be determined by your clubs scouting knowledge.

Your scouting knowledge is based on the scouting knowledge of all your staff (including you), any feeder or parent teams and the nationalities of any players at your club.

So signing a korean player, getting a parent or feeder club from korea or even just sending a scout there will give you the chance (albeit a small one) of having a korean player come into your youth team.

I think this is already in the game. With your nationality, and thus your knowledge of your nation, you are more likely to get players from that same nationality coming from your youth team. My manager is Thai, and I have had thai youth players coming through my youth team twice already, though I play english league only. Most of my other youth players would be english or coming from uk. So I think this is already included in the game.

I think this is already in the game. With your nationality, and thus your knowledge of your nation, you are more likely to get players from that same nationality coming from your youth team. My manager is Thai, and I have had thai youth players coming through my youth team twice already, though I play english league only. Most of my other youth players would be english or coming from uk. So I think this is already included in the game.

I think that it used to be a lot stronger a few years ago and I actually kind of enjoyed that. I'm Canadian and I almost always manage Man Utd, and on about FM06 I used to get one or two Canadian regens every year. Now it seems I pretty much never do.

Archived