If you could add, edit or remove one attribute from the game, what would you???

In the title really,

I was thinking about it the other day and whether the game is missing any really important attributes.

For example: Should there be a "Short Passing" attribute and a "Long Passing" attribute rather than just one?????

Or maybe their should be a shot power attribute as it seems to be quite varied and random amongst players. For some it is just due to pure strength, others combine technique and strength but some are just naturally powerful strikers of the ball. I guess there are traits....

Is it really necessary to have a "corner" and "free kick" attribute or could it just be "set-pieces". Can't think if many players who are good at freekicks for example but rubbish at corners?

What do people think???

In the title really,

I was thinking about it the other day and whether the game is missing any really important attributes.

For example: Should there be a "Short Passing" attribute and a "Long Passing" attribute rather than just one?????

Or maybe their should be a shot power attribute as it seems to be quite varied and random amongst players. For some it is just due to pure strength, others combine technique and strength but some are just naturally powerful strikers of the ball. I guess there are traits....

Is it really necessary to have a "corner" and "free kick" attribute or could it just be "set-pieces". Can't think if many players who are good at freekicks for example but rubbish at corners?

What do people think???

Actually theres a lot of player that are experts in free kick (direct free kicks) and dont take corners! Roberto Carlos, Cardozo from Benfica and so on...

Perhaps what we could have is atribute for Indirect free kick (that include indirect free kicks and corners) and atribute for direct free kick. But that IMO is what already happen, because every player that is good at corner taking are also good at indirect free kick.

I think better newgen spread and correlation of attributes relevant to position is what needs addressing as I'm not sure there are too many attributes to add.

I'd like to see jumping removed in favour of height+agility+heading and poss acceleration being used as the measure for a players jumping ability.

Isnt the "shot power" suggestion more covered by the prefered moves, i.e stop blasting the ball lol

or instead of adding or taking away attributes exspand the pref moves section/limit

as ive suggested in another post id like to see a loyalty attribute

add= a shielding the ball stat

edit= height not being an influence in the match engine

remove= players not wanting to join any clubs because they arent offering enough wages or are in a few leagues below their ability, less money and first team football is better than the dole que!

add= a shield the ball stat

edit= height not being an influence in the match engine

remove= players not signing for any clubs because the wages arent high enough or the club play in a league a few divisions lower than their ability. less money andguarenteed first team football is better than the dole que!

Add a pussyness attribute. Determines how often a player will roll around on the floor after being poked by the opposition.

Might have to call it simulation instead of pussyness though lol

id give R.Carlos a 20 for his display playing for Brazil when the ball hit him in the stomache and he went down holding his head

If you could add, edit or remove one attribute from the game, what would you???

Losing. I'd definitely remove losing from the game. I can have the best players, the best coaches, the best facilities, obviously with me as manager they have the best manager and the best tactics and yet, despite all that, they can still go out and play like girls. so, yeah... I'd remove losing :p

A seperate 'aging gracefully' stat... or something other than 'profesionallism' because that doesn't cut it at the moment when it comes to the physical decline of older players. Even The most professional players are still physically washed up and run like sloths in the game by the time they are 33. And then IRL you have players like Scholes and Giggs still doing the business.

I work in the fitness industry myself and let me tell you, you physically DO NOT plummet like the game suggests once you hit 30. It just doesn't happen. You might lose a bit of explosiveness and agility, and your recovery time between matches increases and with that, perhaps injury proneness as well, but you won't literally go from 20 to 10 in pace in space of 2 - 3 years like the game suggests. For example, despite being past his peak, I would say Thierry Henry is still faster than the vast majority of players, yet in my savegame his pace has gone down to 13 and acceleration 10 after 1 season?!

A seperate 'aging gracefully' stat... or something other than 'profesionallism' because that doesn't cut it at the moment when it comes to the physical decline of older players. Even The most professional players are still physically washed up and run like sloths in the game by the time they are 33. And then IRL you have players like Scholes and Giggs still doing the business.

How are researchers supposed to tell how individual players will deteriorate when they age?

y do keepers have a penalty taking attribute?

So you know how good they are at taking penalties. Otherwise, how would you know if you had a Hans-Jorg Butt or Rogerio Ceni in your ranks?

In the title really,

What do people think???

dont see many great ideas on here. but you have one with a long passing and short passing one. good shout a backing from me

Split "Influence" and "Leadership" - so we can have players who are influential but not leaders (i.e. Scholes), and "quiet" leaders who are not that influential. The ideal captain should have both, of course, but splitting the two allows us to do things like having a very disruptive player with high influence becoming a bad influence on the rest of the team and its youngsters.

Maybe add Vision, or Awareness of what's going on around them?

This seems like a good idea but actually i think it is not necessary. I don't think there is anything that quite matches awareness though the problem is that awareness is covered by different combinations for different positions on the field

For example:

Defenders- Positioning/Composure

Midfielders - Postioning/Off the Ball/Composure/Decisions/Creativity

Attackers - Off the Ball/Decisions/Composure

This seems like a good idea but actually i think it is not necessary. I don't think there is anything that quite matches awareness though the problem is that awareness is covered by different combinations for different positions on the field

For example:

Defenders- Positioning/Composure

Midfielders - Postioning/Off the Ball/Composure/Decisions/Creativity

Attackers - Off the Ball/Decisions/Composure

anticipation = awareness (at least in part)

How are researchers supposed to tell how individual players will deteriorate when they age?

They can't, but maybe it can be linked between say... 'professionalism' and 'natural fitness'? Just throwing ideas out there because the current system means aging stars that are still doing the job IRL get transfer listed after half a season in the game because their physical stats are so low.

I would add a 'diving' stat.

I would also limit 'bravery' for all players to about 4. I'm a rugby league fan and some of the stuff you see footballers doing is just ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to get tripped over yet they roll around like the floor is electrified. Possibly Llorente could get a 6 after I watched him take 2 staples to the head tonight. I'll bet that hurts a bit.

Split "Influence" and "Leadership" - so we can have players who are influential but not leaders (i.e. Scholes), and "quiet" leaders who are not that influential. The ideal captain should have both, of course, but splitting the two allows us to do things like having a very disruptive player with high influence becoming a bad influence on the rest of the team and its youngsters.

I actually sort of like this one.

I think Strength covers this

and definitely don't add Vision like someone suggested. We already have Flair and Creativity which are somewhat related, a third one would just confuse things.

I dont think it does, you never see shielding during a game like you do in rl

Rename Technique to Tekkers

Aha best suggestion yet :thup: but instead of numbers it should just be good, bad or unbelievable!

This actually seems a good idea :thup:

Maybe an Experiance stat ?

this could be used for managers and players, seeing the experiance improve when sending a youngster out on loan or as a player ages or gets more games under their belt could be a dramatic improvement compared to the odd mental attribute increasing.

More experiance may be the difference in situations such as the last 10 minutes of a cup final when 1-0 up, a high experiance stat would mean a player runs the ball into the opposition corners where as a young player with low experiance may attempt a 40 yard pass which could get intercepted giving the opposition a final chance to score.

showing a change in experiance in the form of a stat when sending a player on loan could show how effective the loan has actually been, for example if they have played alot of games this could increase by 2-4 where as if they have barley played a game this could even decrease.

showing the change during the loan would allow the manager to cancel bringing the youngster back rather than having to check history stats to see how often they have played.

Archived